Training Who am I without my armor?
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
MAEA
Waving a hand lazily, Maea didn't hold it against him. "It's fine, don't worry about it. I appreciate the sentiment." The number of people that had expressed any kind of concern for her wellbeing could be counter on one hand. At this point she was simply surprised when it happened.

Sensing that she had to choose her words more carefully, Maea sat up and crossed her legs beneath her, so she could face Talyson properly.
"Yes and no," she said, keeping it honest. "It was just after I had been freed from stasis. I still barely understood what I had become, and being around people was very overwhelming." It still was, honestly, but fortunately it got better - easier - with every day that passed.

"We were talking, and then a crow stole a ring of hers, and I knocked the bird down to get it back for her... and when the bloodlust kicks in, it doesn't distinguish betwewn people and animals. So... I got scared. Of myself, and my own reactions, and the idea that I could hurt someone if they let their guard down too much around me." Her gaze dropped to her hands, folded neatly in her lap. "So I said some things that made her leave. It seemed like the best way to keep her safe."

Which didn't excuse the fact that the woman had been made to feel afraid. Maea just wished she didn't still believe it was a good idea to keep some distance with most others. At least those who were not strong enough to stop her, if it came to that.
Light is easy to love
Show me your darkness
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
When Maea changed position, Tal figured it was maybe a bit more serious than a misunderstanding, and he shifted so he could face her, too, expression going solemn. He'd been on the receiving end of her impatience and sharp tongue before, so he wasn't exactly shocked that she might have driven someone away - accidentally or otherwise - but he owed her the benefit of the doubt and hearing her out, first.

And it made sense, more or less, and he nodded slowly, chewing his lip as he tried to imagine how the scene must have played out. "Sure. Okay. I... I think I get it," he admitted, feeling uncomfortably like maybe he might have done something similar if he'd been in Maea's situation. "So, uh... if y'wanted t'write her a letter maybe explainin' why y'did what y'did, I'd be happy t'deliver it for you. On th'house," he offered, lips quirking towards a wry grin as Boreal grumbled her approval of this novel 'communication' thing her human was practicing.
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
MAEA
More than anything, she had worried about his reaction. If someone came up and told her that they'd caused a loved one distress, she was fairly sure she wouldn't just shrug it off. His acceptance did surprise her, therefore, with no small amount of relief. All hail honesty, it seemed?

"Ah, yes," she replied quickly; not sure she'd ever actually planned to contact Alys again but if that was the price she had to pay for his forgiveness... "I'll write... something. And maybe you can let her know that Ancients in general really don't like the cold? You know... in case she feels a need to be on the safe side." Unsure how common of a weakness that was, Maea offered it up anyway as a token of remorse - for her own lack of self-control, if nothing else.

Pushing herself up to stand, she brushed pine needles and duff off her bottom and offered Tal a hand up.
"Want to get going? I need to find something to write with."
Light is easy to love
Show me your darkness
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
If she'd just been having a bad day and had taken it out on Alys then Tal would have been a lot more annoyed at her. But it sounded like she'd had a good reason for scaring his partner off: to try and protect the seer from Maea herself and her new instincts and urges. Had she chosen a shitty way to do it? Yeah, probably. But the courier was self-aware enough to know that he wouldn't have made any better choices in the Ancient's shoes. Er. Or... lack thereof, he thought, glancing behind her to her bare feet.

Anyways, no one was really hurt, and if Alys chose not to forgive Maea, well, that was Alys's choice to make and not Tal's.

"I'll let her know," he agreed, unable to stop his nose wrinkling in confusion as to why his pale friend felt the need to share the tidbit on feeling chilly. Maybe he'd figure it out later, halfway to Stormbreak, after it had a few days to percolate.

When Maea moved to stand up so did Tal, much to Boreal's huge sigh of draconic disappointment that naptime was over. He grinned down at his companion and leaned back over to tug teasingly at one of her wings. "C'mon, girl. All aboard th'boat. An' I've got paper an' pencil y'can use," he added helpfully to Maea, blissfully oblivious to her initial reluctance to reach out to Alys again. For the moment, at least, their fences were mended and they were on their way back to warm fires and soft beds for the night.

Who knew how long it would last? But that would be a story for another day.

~Fin~