Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk?
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 65 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 1359
Я
Remi wanted to like Jigano, in a strange way. He wanted to because everyone else seemed to, and because it wasn't in Remi's nature to properly dislike anyone. In that world, Remi would laugh at the idea that Jigano might want something simply for poetry's sake, and make a joke about trying to accommodate him. In this world though, Remi almost felt strangely punched; a cold and hollow feeling rising swiftly in his stomach that seemed to cry out he gets to be whimsical when you do not?

"Ahh, I see." Remi said wanting to sound understanding, but probably sounding just a bit muddled and slow. The mention of his expertise in crafting made the alchemist feel sheepish and shameful for the dark and sickly thoughts of seconds before. The bard was trying far harder than he was, and without any reason at all to hold onto his feelings of anxiousness or upset, Remi found himself deeply appalled by the fact he still was. "Let me think on it. Perhaps we can run some tests on different materials using your feather to see what might work best?" He'd wanted to add in something about finding a poetically appropriate material as well, but worried it would come out too couth, and so left it off.

Remi's lips twitched gingerly at the thought of Jigano as a boy, especially splashing through a stream as young boys did. With a chuckle then quickly turned quietly contemplative, the alchemist nodded slightly. Reaching forward, he pressed his fingertip against the table. Where it touched, gold began to spread out, though not merely just in a circle. Instead it wibbled and wobbled, creating what looked to be the rings of a tree now embedded in the wood. "Do I know how it works? No more than anything else, I suppose." He said with a grin and boyish shrug.

"Yes. I did offer to heal them for him but.." Holding his palms up with a shrug, he shook his head. "I think some scars heal better when you can still see them, perhaps."

The mention of Vai was met purely with a warm and adoring nod, the look of a son pleased by the accomplishments of a parent.

"She..." Remi began as if the words would just come, but of course they did not, and so he fell into a silent stupor for a moment as he considered the table. "Frustrated at first of course. Not having hands to work with was perhaps the greatest aspect of the change she noticed. Unfortunately though I.." Looking across the table into Jigano's pale stare that had never held any warmth for the alchemist before, he chewed his lip and sighed. "She is the same in so many ways, but it is like the heart of her is not there any more. She speaks like Isla, remembers all the things Isla did and who she was...I like to think that when I am in my shifts I am still me. I know I should have thought it through but...when I saw her there, like that..and Ludo was already with me, I..."

What he wanted to say, was that when you plead I'll do anything, normally you aren't taken up on it. But Ludo did and..."I wonder all the time if I've made a mistake. And for her part Isla...can't seem to answer. She says she knows why I did it, would have done the same, and is fine in her new body."
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.

Messages In This Thread
Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Jigano - 04-07-2019, 08:36 PM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Remi - 04-07-2019, 10:59 PM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Remi - 04-08-2019, 02:47 PM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Remi - 04-08-2019, 05:17 PM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Remi - 04-08-2019, 11:08 PM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Remi - 04-09-2019, 05:41 PM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Remi - 04-09-2019, 06:54 PM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Remi - 04-10-2019, 02:49 AM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Remi - 04-10-2019, 04:40 PM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Remi - 04-11-2019, 04:28 PM
RE: Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk? - by Remi - 04-11-2019, 11:45 PM