these mountains you carry
Remi
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2759
& doesn't the white page seem unfinished
without the dark stain of alphabets?
Feeling guilt claw at the inside of his stomach for each and every time he'd shown up with some lacklustre game for the herald to play, the Lullaby silently vowed the next time he went to Ludo, it would simply be for play. "I shall have to think up a way to thank it."

At another place and time, Remi might have forced himself to try and remain patient and thoughtful, to think through the ramifications of what was being asked of him and what it meant. But with Mort's smile like some tangible bit of light he wanted to bask in, there was nothing for it but for him to nod. "Yes. Gods, I would happily do that for you. For them."

Feeling some long-tied knot inside of himself finally release, the Lullaby relaxed in a way he couldn't have possibly articulated.

Only...

With Mort's hand still in his, Remi leaned closer. Had he not had a handful of encounters with the god and were it not for the stakes, the Lullaby wouldn't have pushed his luck on this, but it was for precisely those reasons that he did. "There is a soul that should have reached you years ago, hidden away by Safrin in the sky." He explains quickly. "Ludo cannot get it down."
the lullaby
Styling stolen from Sky (obviously)
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"It quite likes hopscotch," Mort says with a wink, as if Remi might use that to his advantage the next time he needs to go and see the herald. To finally hear the yes he's been waiting for, though, has the deity clasping Remi close in an embrace that's as much celebration as relief for him being able to lay down his burdens at last. "I am so happy to hear you say that," he whispers.

Drawing back, brimming with things to impart to his new chosen, it appears that there is some unfinished business, first, to deal with. Mort's expression drops into something more solemn at once, his brow furrowing, and the nod he gives to Remi is slow with understanding. "I see," he says gently. "That will not do at all, will it? Thank you for letting me know." And leave it with me, of course, does not need to be said.

"Speaking of things in places they shouldn't be, though," he continues, still clasping Remi's right hand and smiling down at it. "I think it is time this was allowed to go home. You will have your own arm back, of course, good as new. Is that alright?"
mort

Table base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Half-winking in understanding, the Lullaby files that piece of information down deep where it won't be forgotten. Perhaps his relationship with Ludo might now improve if they were more to one another than mere obligation.

Tugged suddenly into a hug, Remi wraps his arms around the god in return. "Thank you so much." He whispers in the god's unruly curls. "I cannot tell you what this will mean for me." Not that he needed to, of course.

Straightening, the Lullaby nods solemnly. What ramifications there would be for him not only telling Ronin but telling Mort as well, Remi couldn't really fathom. Bathed in the golden light of Mort's love, though, the Lullaby felt fairly capable of handling whatever slanderous shade Safrin tried to throw his way.

Glancing down, surprised to find that his right hand was in the shape of half a heart against Mort's, the Lullaby laughs brightly. "More than alright." He beams.
the lullaby

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"You are welcome," Mort whispers in return, his smile radiant as the sunlight pouring over them. He knows, of course, what this will mean for Remi, the wounds that might finally heal for good, the heart that might finally creak open its doors again. And of course, he will be watching from afar.

Following Remi's gaze downwards and laughing exuberantly to see the spirit's input, Mort gathers his hand up towards his lips. Blowing gently on the back of his palm, the spirit that has mischievously inhabited Remi's hand for so long dazzles forth, golden and warm, before dissipating up into the sky overhead.

"All done." He grins. "Now, promise me that you will be gentle with yourself when you awaken, yes? You have been through this once with Ludo - do not be alarmed by the changes you have undergone."
mort

Table base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Wrinkling his nose to feel the spirit shift within his arm before slithering through his fingertips and out into the open air, Remi tries to stifle the shiver that nevertheless leaves him. "That was one of the strangest things I have ever felt." He chuckles before flexing his hand and feeling no resistance whatsoever from anything tucked around his bones.

"I will do my best." Remi agrees with a boyishly crooked smile, already filled with bright anticipation at the thought of telling Ronin all that had transpired. "Thank you again. Until I see you again I will protect as best as I am able." To what extent he and Ronin would likely have to test out between the two of them.

"If you see Ludo before I do, tell it thank you." Remi says, inhaling deeply now as if he might take some of Mort's sunshine back with him. "I can dream myself home." He adds; the god had done enough and then some. Glancing down at the pastry he'd set on the blanket, Remi takes a quick bite. He might not be able to bring it back with him, but at least he could tell Ronin what a divine Bearclaw tasted like.

~FIN
the lullaby