Ultraviolet
for Safrin!
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
After a long, hard day of working on the new road, Tal was more than ready to just drop into bed beside Alys and go the fuck to sleep. Except...

Except he didn't sleep easy these days, with the expansion of the Void critters and that horribly cheerful voice that kept popping into his head uninvited. It was creepy and invasive and it kept saying the most awful things that seemed like they were all too true and he didn't know what to do about it.

Except pray to the gods and hope for an answer. Or at least a little help.

Something to give him back a sense of control over the way things were going.

They said diamonds were a girl's best friend, and Tal had gathered a handful when he'd gone into the Fangs seasons ago. Now they were polished and glittering as he scattered them across a square of black velvet, catching and reflecting the faint light of the crescent moon above. The Peregrine floated at rest at the base of the barrow, but here at its summit it was just the courier and his dragon as he pulled his Goggles off and hesitated a moment before holding them reverently in his hands.

"Safrin? I heard y'were back... I hope you're feelin' better," he began, clearing his throat self-consciously as his dragon nosed a previous bouquet that had been left at the altar, still fresh and blooming. "I, uh, I'm gettin' real freaked out by these... messages... we've been gettin'. Talkin' about a 'Family' an' their friends an' th'void critters an' shi--uh, stuff. It sounds like it's all connected, y'know? But I've only heard about that Dahlia lady... thing... who I guess is in charge o' Stormbreak now?" He shook his head, trying to stop his nervous babbling and get to the point. "Anyways, I guess I was hopin' that maybe y'could make a charm for my Goggles, that'd let me see when critters an' people've gone all void-touched? Please?" Maybe if he knew when to run for help, he'd finally be able to get some proper sleep at night.

With so many spirits around you, you attract the attention of the gods when visiting a shrine. Roll with advantage when praying at a shrine. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of your shrine post).

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Starlight suddenly blooms within the diamonds like tiny worlds of fire, illuminating the shrine with a soft brilliance that heralds Safrin's arrival. Though she is not as put together nor as vibrant as Tal will have seen her previously, still, she is not as war-torn as she has been in months past.

With a shawl drawn around her shoulders, the goddess appears with a smile for the courier and a hand outstretched toward his companion. "I don't like the messages either, although...in the big scheme of things, they are certainly the least of what this Family is capable of doing." Annoying, yes. Invasive? Certainly. Harmful? No.

Not yet, anyway.

Tilting her head slightly, Safrin's smile is slow but pleased. "A good idea." She muses. "But one which won't be easy. They are so new to this place, their shapes so unclear..." Softly, she sighs before explaining what it was the courier would have to do in order to complete this quest and handing him a small star-shaped charm.

Tal has been given a quest! He must

1. Touch his charm to a known void-flora
2. Touch his charm to a known void-fauna
3. Touch his charm to where the meteor fell
4. Take his charm to the Greatwood so it can experience the infection

OR, instead of 1-4, have the charm held by someone infected.

5. BONUS: will get the item to Upgraded -- take the chamr (or have it taken) to Starfall Island.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
Maybe Safrin wasn't as dazzling as she'd been in the past, but who wasn't a little worse for wear these days? Tal wasn't about to comment on a deity looking less than radiant when his own eyes had dark circles and his shaggy hair was desperately in need of a trim.

Besides, she was offering to help him out, and he was too grateful for the assistance to care about a few smudges in her usual perfection.

He chewed his lip as she pointed out the (relative) harmlessness of the messages, a reluctant nod of agreement bowing his tousled head. The source was scary, but on the other hand, at least he was hearing about things now. There was something to be said for being in the loop for a change, even if it was a creepy, probably-evil loop.

But she had an idea for what he needed, and he took the star charm to admire while he listened eagerly to each requirement until the new island was mentioned. Then his face took on a slightly greenish cast and he swallowed hard but nodded a final time at the last - and thankfully optional - task. "Yeah... yeah, okay I... I'll do my best. Thanks, Safrin. An' I hope y'feel better soon!"

Dragging his dragon away before she could make a meal out of the other offerings, Tal bowed low and headed off to get to work!

~Fin~