[SE] 'tis the damn season
Astaroth <3
the Maverick
Theocrat of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 201
Dantalion
how the fuck am I supposed to know
"Apparently every demigod in Caido will be there, as well as a few others who are notorious for being disgustingly strong," Danta is saying as he strolls along a string of market stalls, stopping every now and then to admire a trinket here or a knick-knack there. "And I don't know about you, but I'm not planning to miss that for the world." He knows the first round of fights will be starting soon too, if the swarms of people starting to stream out and along the beach are any indication.

But the Maverick is used to being fashionably late, and today will be no exception, apparently, as he ducks into a stall selling stained glass wind chimes, charmed by their colour and beauty. (Much like a magpie or, more likely, the gore crow that lives in his blood). "Besides," he continues casually, "much as the Grounds will be nicer this year because of the bonfire, I'm not turning up an opportunity to be somewhere warmer for a bit."
if we're in love or if we're in pain?
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Horns: Diamond - they look very similar to #2 in this image.
Dusklight Security

Age: 39 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 6492
you made your choice
A hum of a laugh leaves Asta as he walks alongside Dantalion like a tall bodyguard (maybe he is?) with the clack of the cane against the stone ground. “You know I love a good fight.” He drawls, leaning a little closer to Danta as if it were a secret between them. He gladly follows along as the Maverick ducks into the stall, dark eyes taking in the different dangly wind chimes, listening to the different sounds they make.

We could bet?” He suggests thoughtfully, in between the admission that it would be nice to be somewhere warmer — a sentiment that he can agree with as he settles in and drifts a small amount away toward a specific red and black stained glass piece, swirling around in a cool breeze. “I am looking forward to the bonfire, but, I certainly won’t say no to sampling the warmer regions.” He looks over his shoulder toward the Maverick with a toothy smirk.
Astaroth
do you regret it yet?
the Maverick

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Dantalion
"Oho, a bet would be good," Danta croons, flashing a grin over his shoulder at Asta from where he's leaned down to admire a delicate chime with shards of gentle gold and clear glass. "I don't know the names of all the participants, but when we get out there to watch, you're on. What do you want to wager?" Straightening up and moving to peer around the other man at the wind chime he's inspecting, Danta reaches out to prod it to listen to the noise it makes.

"Mm, between here, The Climb, and Hak Etme, we should at least have plenty of places to choose from if we don't want to hide indoors all season." And, you know, scarves and gloves and coats, if they want to stick to the Grounds. "Have you ever been to the desert?" he asks curiously. "I don't think I have."
Dusklight Security

Age: 39 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
you made your choice
His grin widens at the prospect of the betting, already cementing it in his mind. He doesn’t care what the bet is, but there’s a more amused part of him that realizes perhaps it needs some extra stakes. “Deal.” He drawls as he inspects the wind chime. His head tilts a little and he feels Danta approach, poking and prodding at the wind chime as he picks it up, fully intending to purchase such a thing.

He turns to Danta with a grin and shrugs a shoulder. “Wage drinks? Or perhaps other things? What do you think, Dantalion, darling?” He murmurs, watching him for a moment to see his reaction before he moves on through the stall to inspect something else.

I’ve never been to the desert. I imagine it’s nice, though.” Especially for them and their lizard-like qualities of soaking up heat.
Astaroth
do you regret it yet?
the Maverick

Change author:
Dantalion
Quite enjoying the sound of the chime, Danta steps back to let Asta look at it in further detail, lingering within the stall as it becomes apparent, as well, that he's going to buy the item. "Drinks are easy if you want to bet per round," he reasons, poking his head out beyond the awning briefly so he can track the progress of people heading across the beach. "Or we could..."

Drifting off only to glance pointedly over his shoulder at the other man, Danta takes a second to make sure he has definitely heard what he thinks he has, and its with playfully narrowed eyes that he considers the taller Ancient. "I think you have yourself a deal," he purrs in return. "I'll just be out here. Come find me when you're done."
Dusklight Security

Change author:
you made your choice
Drinks were easy to bet. Too easy, actually. Because he wants to make it something worth Danta’s fighting spirit to actually want to bet on and win. So it’s with a curved and toothy smirk that he meets the Maverick’s gaze, shoulder rolling slightly, erring all that arrogant confidence that had made them hate each other in the past, he dips his head in agreement to the purr. “Good.” He says nothing else on it, not as Danta steps out and waits.

Which gives him precisely the amount of time needed to add another to the bunch – a rainbow work of stained glass that’s reminiscent of the Maverick’s diamond horns, with a similar chime to the one in his hand he’s already in the process of purchasing. A quiet little rumble and gentle, polite murmurings of wrapping the one in a fine set of cloth, Astaroth pays and steps out, slipping one package that looks rather dull and boring into the inner breast pocket of his coat, while the other wrapped in a fine satin-like deep emerald is left out as he comes to stand before the other Ancient, squinting down at him in the light.

Whoever wins gets to choose how it goes. Does that sound fair?” He hums, waiting a heartbeat of a second, scanning the gathering crowd, before he stands up a little bit straighter and extends that package in his hand out for the Maverick. Inside he’ll find a windchime not unlike Asta’s in terms of its chime, but with a brilliant array of rainbow and clear hues, just like the horns nestled in Danta’s blonde hair. “This is for you, by the way.
Astaroth
do you regret it yet?
the Maverick

Change author:
Dantalion
"It sounds fair to me," Danta croons - Asta will find him out in the sunshine at the stall next door, which has a variety of leatherwork on display. "I know that your tastes can be very particular, though, and I would not want you to be uncomfortable, even if you are the loser." Grinning over his shoulder at the taller man, he turns, about to offer out a package wrapped in rich, dark paper, only to find himself faced with a gift of his own.

"Oh," he says, softly surprised and a little speechless, if he's honest, as he accepts the silk-wrapped parcel. "That is very kind of you. This is for you." His usual response of what's the occasion? feels a little diminished given that he's just gotten something for Asta at the same time. But hey, shut up.

Within his own gift, Asta will find a finely crafted leather matchbook (matches included, of course). "I thought you could use those until your fire magic is back up to scratch," Danta says with a smirk, already teasing away the silk to reveal his wind chime within.

"Beautiful," he croons, holding up the delicate item to hear it in the sea breeze, before snorting to the other man. "You know, you and I have gotten very sentimental lately."
Dusklight Security

Change author:
you made your choice
Which is why it is a deal only for you, my dear.” Astaroth hums, tilting his head as his dark gaze, made lighter by the sunshine in streaks of deep burgundy and specks of gold, takes in the Maverick as he offers his own gift in their little makeshift exchange. Snorting lightly, Asta takes it and opens it, revealing the matchbook, and a small smile curls on the corner of his lips. There is a gleam of surprise that flickers across his face, though, entirely expecting it to be a leather muzzle of sorts.

Ahem, anyway.

His attention drifts from the matchbook back to Danta as he nods. “How thoughtful of you. Thank you.” And it joins his own little wind chime in the inner breast pocket of his coat as he watches the Maverick open his own gift.

I thought it matched your horns.” He admits, getting the perfect view of yes it does as Danta holds it up to his ear, but then the blonde is speaking on sentimentality and Astaroth’s nose wrinkles, hand not holding the cane lifting to wave and gesture a little dramatically. “Perhaps I feel as if I may turn back to stone any second, so I want to make sure my appreciation is received well in advance.
Astaroth
do you regret it yet?
the Maverick

Change author:
Dantalion
"Why, Astaroth, I am flattered," Danta gushes appropriately, his free hand fluttering to his chest even as he holds the wind chime up to admire its song. "This will have pride of place in the Dusklight," he assures him as he carefully folds it back into the emerald silk to keep it safe; in the meantime, he isn't even trying to hide that he's pleased the other man likes his own gift.

"And that is a good point, I suppose. But I would not let you turn back into stone again. Or at least, if it happened, I would notice, and make sure you were found well before the thousand year mark." With a toothy grin that promptly becomes something playfully wary as Asta gestures with his cane - Danta had honestly expected to be cracked across the shins with it - he finally relaxes and nods across the beach to where the spectators are gathering.

"Shall we?"
Dusklight Security

Change author:
you made your choice
As you should be.” Astaroth smirks, settling back on his heels as the cane settles for the moment. And what a brief moment it is, given that he starts gesturing a few moments after and he can nearly see the way Danta watches the way it moves, as if half expecting it to take him out at the shins. He’d thought about it, truthfully, but he decides against it.

Especially because he might not have gotten such a sentimental response back. “Thank the gods.” He drawls as equally dramatic as Dantalion had been just before, shifting the cane to the other hand as he starts to resume his place as Danta’s taller shadow. “Mm, we shall.” He’s content to linger after the other man, letting him guide the path into the gathering for the tournament.

- FIN <333
Astaroth
do you regret it yet?