slow drifts and anchors
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 74 - Dext: 74 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 6754
Deimos
The last battle had provided more aches and pains than the previous; his body kept him attuned and aware in the aftermath. Burns wrapped over portions of the skin on his legs and arms, and though he wouldn’t show the aches and pains through careful, orchestrated, and long, sweeping movements, they were a stark reminder of other days – of war, of times before strength, fortitude, and might.

Sharing Erebos with Evie while she socialized on the beach, the youth was strapped to his chest in one of the many slings he’d created, briefly awakened from his nap by the Sword’s movements. Luckily, the infirmary tent wasn’t too far away, and he seemed lulled by the sound of the waves pressing or crowds buzzing from recent altercations, head bobbing above the hardy cloth. When Deimos wasn't distracted by necessities, he'd have to ask Hotaru later about other motions.

But as he looked up towards the portable shelter, he recognized the fellow monster hunter nearby – and grimaced inwardly, wondering if Fox had been looking for him, and for how long. He hadn’t much of a lull between the two, so perhaps some of that could be forgiven. “Fox,” his vocals rumbled as he closed in, gesturing with a smaller wave as his arm stung. “How were your travels?”
Out of sight and out of mind
Make everything alright
So let the sky and sea collide
Just not in our lifetime
Fox Sinclair
Monster Hunter

Age: 36 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 201
FOX

There's no need for Deimos to grimace - Fox has been busy by the infirmary tent himself since he arrived, given the fact that travelling by skyship still gives him horrific motion sickness. Luckily he's not looking quite so green now, and he's been able to watch and observe some of the other fights taking place (the Sword's included, and that's not intimidating at all).

"Deimos," he greets, rising to his feet from the upturned crate he's been seated upon, offering a wave in return and running his fingers through his dark hair. "They were as good as can be expected. I don't travel too well," he explains with a boyish sort of laugh. He can laugh now that it's over, and he's not expected to go back on the ship any time soon.

"Ah, this must be your son?" Smiling at the bundle strapped to the Sword's chest, Fox wonders if it would be appropriate to mention that it doesn't make Deimos seem any less daunting for it. "Congratulations on your fights as well, by the way."
astra inclinant, sed non obligant
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Horns: Small, bone-like protrusions (aka your stereotypical devil horns) that are easy to miss in his hair.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Deimos
He’d heard about Fox’s traveling dilemmas, and knew Kiada had been working on the circumstances and potential curatives. Uncertain whether that was a confidential aspect and surprise, Deimos kept it to himself, nodding in some realm of understanding, before grabbing at one of the bottled spring water, waving to Isla, as he was now becoming a frequent visitor of the tent today. “That is unfortunate. Does it happen in all forms of travel?” Walking obviously wasn’t an issue, but boats? Flying? Horses? Caido being separated in these years didn’t make Fox’s difficulties any easier.

Erebos managed a gurgle, but the Sword couldn’t be certain if it was over actual recognition or just happenstance, but he quickly managed a grin regardless. “Yes,” rumbled on a proud note, permitting the monster hunter to take another peek if intrigued, and matching blue eyes would stare back from slightly behind the cloth; taking in everything all at once. “And thank you. They certainly were not easy.” Hence why he was here, remedying the latest situation. On that note, he took a long drink of the water, already feeling the effects taking hold; closing in burns, sliding over lodged pain. “There was something you wanted to discuss?”
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime
Fox Sinclair
Monster Hunter

Age: 36 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
FOX

Glancing within the tent to the blonde medic as she waves in response, Fox is soon distracted by Deimos again - and the blue-eyed bundle staring back at him. "Chip off the old block," he remarks with a grin, forcing himself to relax by degrees. "And most forms, unfortunately. Walking and on horseback I'm alright, and if I'm at the front of a cart. But anything else is... not pretty." It had been a nasty shock after being Ascended for so long where, of course, he didn't have to worry about such things.

The fights might not have been easy but Deimos had absolutely earned his victories, and Fox is about to say as much before the Sword gets to the root of the matter, and the hunter's mouth grows quite dry. "I did, yes. And I swear I'm normally not such a mess, despite how I might look." As if that would earn him points.

Still, he finds his resolve, draws himself up, and goes for it.

"As you know, Kiada and I have been together for a while now, and I hope you can believe me when I say I don't think I have ever been happier." His smile is bashful and directed at the sands. "You didn't know me before I was an Ancient - before Kia, truthfully - but she's made me a better man than I ever was."

Glancing back up at Deimos, Fox pats his pocket where, unbeknownst to the Sword, a small engagement ring sits safe and sound. "I don't see myself being with anyone else. She's the only future I want, and I'd like to make it official - but not without your blessing. I wasn't able to ask her mother... but I can ask you."
Horns: Small, bone-like protrusions (aka your stereotypical devil horns) that are easy to miss in his hair.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
Erebos gurgled something in response, and Deimos smiled, permitting the range of relaxation to settle between all of them. The restless eaves came off his form in droves with the power of the healing water; fleeting and vital, pouring through wounds and closing off burns as if they were never there. He could breathe without the disdain in his ribs, and it permitted every ounce of concentration to be honed in and focused upon the conversation, rather than anything else. Like the pretenses of not knowing about upcoming surprises. “Is there anything that could be done for it?”

But then the monster hunter seemed suspiciously nervous, and it caused the arch of the Sword’s brow to rise, because that seemed to be a significant change…and as Fox began rolling, the notions began to clamber and form in his mind.

Ah. An engagement.

He hid the sudden smile threatening to loom; features rendered purposefully impassive and nonchalant, well practiced and perfected from the art of battle. He wouldn’t want Fox’s efforts to go without merit or significance, nor let the other man think it would be too easy. Amused, he listened, already well content with how Kiada talked about him. She’d been very careful about not mentioning certain notions, for which he was grateful, but everything else seemed defined by their ease and understanding of one another. And he wouldn’t ask for anything more for the Harpy – who’d lived and died and lived again under power, determination, and grit and lost so gods damned much - than to have someone love her in return.

The mention of Rexanna had him looking away too, because as much as everyone tried to subdue the wreckage, that had been partially his fault. Instead of dwelling in that murky mire, he nodded, remaining purposefully silent, letting the moment stretch just for amusement’s sake, before finally speaking. “She regards you highly, and so I will do so in return. I have only ever asked for her to be happy, and she appears to be with you.” A pause, before his head tilted slightly, allowing a deeper grin. “You have my blessing.”
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime
Fox Sinclair
Monster Hunter

Change author:
FOX

"I haven't really looked, if I'm honest. I just... decided not to travel unless I had to." Fox laughs, rubbing at the back of his head. A clever idea, if it weren't for the amount of travel he seems to be doing lately regardless of necessity. Still, he's not privy to the harpy's plans, and he's more interested in the conversation to come, besides.

Deimos's silence is almost to be expected as Fox lays it all on the line, the hunter fighting not to let his gaze drop away from the Sword despite the nerves that flutter in his gut (a sensation not unlike travel sickness, but luckily without the unsavoury consequences). Still, the nothing seems to draw on indefinitely in the wake of his confession, and Fox is just about to speak again to break that awkward silence when, finally, Deimos speaks.

And gods, he doesn't realise he's been holding his breath this whole time until he does.

"Really?" He laughs breathlessly. "Gods, that's good news." And not just because he's already accidentally already asked Kiada, and she's already said yes. "Thank you. We're both in agreement there - we just want her to be happy." Smiling to the other man and at least seeming more confident if only in relief, he reaches into his pocket to draw out the ring - a simple solitaire diamond in white gold. "This was my mother's," he explains. "It isn't much, but I hope she likes it."
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
Having been sequestered within the Hollowed Grounds before, Deimos couldn’t say he’d be the same. The land once held the unique ability to trap all of them within, all while their restlessness peeled away at the edges, and eventually, they dispersed, some as far as they could. Too many things to see, too many worlds to visit, too many places of wonder and majesty, danger and interludes, to ever be trapped by his own form; but then again, he had no way of understanding the multitudes Fox was probably undertaking. “Right,” he murmured, a gentlemanly understanding and still not relinquishing Kiada’s ambitions and plans. “Perhaps you will someday then,” by way of abilities around them – surely the infirmary tent had an idea.

But then there were engagements and blessings to discuss, and Deimos took the opportunity to check on Erebos and the sun hat placed over the child’s dark head of hair while Fox seemed to take in the information and regards. Had the monster hunter been someone else, for there were a few in the Warden’s mind, there might’ve been a quick refusal and rebuttal; but he hadn’t seen any aspect of the Ancient that loomed as threatening. Kiada wouldn’t have remained with him so long if he was someone of ill repute, hurt her, or didn’t cherish her in the wake she preferred. “Really,” came on a wrinkled nose and a juvenile grin, infinitely boyish and ridiculous when he wanted to be.

So his eyes went to the nestled and tucked away jewel, the thoughtful gesture behind it. Asking for Evie’s hand in marriage had been created and contorted on his own makes and measures; her family was perished, and there’d been no one to ask but her. And while the Sword and Evergreen could make their own traditions, Fox seemed to have multitudes already. “That is very nice. I am certain she will cherish it.” Leaning forward on careful perusal and inspection, and if Erebos mimicked his notions, then so be it, he smiled again. “Do you already have a setup in mind?”
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime
Fox Sinclair
Monster Hunter

Change author:
FOX

"It would be nice," Fox agrees with a small and lopsided smile; to go to different places without spending the majority of the time hurling over the side of a cart or a ship. He hasn't even considered that Kiada might also have a desire to travel - between her council duties and his monster hunting, their life has grown small and comfortable after the turbulence of the war. And he likes it, as is evident by, you know, the marriage proposal.

Deimos's grin is contagious, Fox finally able to see the Sword as another man - a father and a guardian - rather than the hulking, intimidating figure who had singlehandedly taken on two demigods. Not that he isn't also that thing, but it doesn't make him quake quite so violently in his boots. "I hope she does," he says softly of the ring he shows him, running a finger over the diamond before tucking it safely away once more; hopefully it won't need to stay in a pocket much longer.

A setup, though? With cheeks growing hot, Fox gently shakes his head. "I'm afraid to say I don't. Do you have any advice?"
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
Likely Kiada would have a remedy for all the misgivings of Fox’s traversings in due time, so Deimos kept it to light measures and possibilities. “Were there any places you wanted to visit?” The Sword could always offer his own sojourning advice, but as he tended to wander into the most dangerous of places on a normal basis, perhaps it wouldn’t be taken so highly into consideration.

With Fox less nervous and apprehensive, the Warden could give way to some of his more relaxed dispositions too; though that usual segued into some realm of mischief and juvenile tactics. Rather than delve too far into eventual familial nonsense, he took the inquiries at face value, pondering if Fox simply hadn’t gotten into those parameters and possibilities yet. “A favored place, perhaps. Where you first met…,” though from his understanding, that had been a situational occurrence. The rumble persisted, mind wandering into how he’d determined facets. “A preferred dinner or landscape. Maybe a hunt. Something you have both enjoyed doing together.” His eyes flickered back to Fox, waiting for any semblance of a reaction, completely unaware that the inquiry had long since been asked already. “I know that sounds simple, but it is a start. You can build from there.”
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime
Fox Sinclair
Monster Hunter

Change author:
FOX

"Well, I've toed the waters in most places since meeting Kia, and I'd definitely say she's part of the reason why," Fox admits with a sheepish smile. "I suppose I'd just like the freedom to know I can help out if I'm needed, without hurling over the side of a ship just to get somewhere." It's not the most delightful image, but it's nonetheless true.

And whilst it might be true that Fox has already popped the question, he still hangs on every bit of advice that Deimos has to offer - even if he doesn't use it to propose, the other man has literally been through a wedding only recently, and so he's a font of wisdom as far as the hunter is concerned. "I'll have to sit down and really think about it," he murmurs, smiling to himself.

"Thank you, Deimos," he adds. "For agreeing to meet me here, for your advice and for your blessing. For what it's worth, I'll be rooting for you at the end of this tournament, too."
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
Kiada rarely let anything stop her, so he wasn’t surprised to hear Fox had been dragged along on several other adventures. He allowed a snort, and another slight grin, shaking his head; content that the Harpy’s antics were still alive and well. “That is fair. Hopefully you find something soon.” Perhaps there’d be an exchange down the line somewhere – though rings for sickness suppressants didn’t seem like a fair trade.

Regardless, Deimos waited, intending to see if any advice sparked a notion in the man’s eye, or was outright refused. When nothing seemed opposed, but rooted in further thought, he nodded. “Of course. I wrote down multiple ideas beforehand for Evie,” as a planner and someone prone to calculations in multiple walks and wakes of life – but in the end, some spontaneity had occurred too. One could never account for every action their partners and loved ones took; but it’d been perfection for them, nonetheless. “And then if those do not work out for engagement purposes, they could always be wedding venues.” He shrugged, figuring there’d be multiple uses and means for the details.

The words thereafter seemed to be enough on Fox’s end, so he ceased. “You are welcome. And thank you.” Deimos was content to have survived this far into the tournament, regardless. The youth within his sling gurgled again, striving for attention, a signal that he too might’ve been paused for too long. “Do you need anything else?”
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime
Fox Sinclair
Monster Hunter

Change author:
FOX

"And if not, it's not like it will kill me, right?" Fox says with a self-deprecating laugh; one that implies that it might not be deadly but it certainly feels like it. However, more than happy to change the subject, not just to engagement but wedding planning has a boyish and almost excitable smile curling at the corners of his lips, and he nods gentle agreement. "That's a very good point," he agrees, though he has no doubt in his mind that Kiada will be the queen of wedding planning by the time things get that far.

Glancing down at Erebos as the infant demands attention, Fox grins his apology. "Looks like I have overstayed my welcome," he jests. "I don't need anything else, no - you've done enough and then some." It's with a grateful nod that the hunter steps away, feeling well enough now to venture away from the medical tent. "Thanks again, Deimos. I'll see you soon, I hope."

~FIN