Awakening
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless
Grand Sorceress of the Arcane Academy

Age: 34 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 7 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 23 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
You stare at the broken mirror
Shattered reflections of the past
I think we may be standing in the same
Shadows that have been cast
Zariah watched the slight set of her jaw, heard the way Edrei exhaled with purpose. She wasn't surprised that something she had said upset her - they had history, albeit a short one. That it came after mentioning recruiting new members was equally unsurprising. They as a family were notoriously picky and reclusive, that any might just be adopted in was nearly unheard of. If she was honest with herself, the idea was a bit revolting, but she was in no position to be sensitive to personal distaste. They needed skilled arms, they needed support. In time, Edrei would understand this, she was certain of it.

"I am aware, and in so knowing that you yet remain here, at my side, speaks volumes. When the nephews of Colbrande himself fled or revolted against our ways you remained, steadfast; a testament to the strength of your will. You might not fully understand the why of all our ways but you believe in our cause and trust in me." she said, turning back to Edrei as she spoke, her mention of their broken oath now resting on her shoulders ringing true. Zariah was all that held the strings that bound what little of their family was left. With deliberate steps she approached the younger woman, stopping only when they stood toe-to-toe, their matched height leaving them perfectly eye-to-eye, Zariah far too close, beyond the boundaries of personal space. "And I will not fail you. You are all I have left, Edrei, and I could not ask for better. It is why I would have you as my Left Hand." she said quietly, voice hardly above a whisper as she held her gaze. To most, the Right Hand would seem a higher position, but not so for the Launceleyn. The left hand was symbolic, it was the side from which magic reigned, the ultimate pursuit of which the family obsessed. The Right Hand only wielded status; the Left Hand wielded status and power.

"But I must know that there is no ill will or wounds between us. If you have grievances to air, I would hear them." A rare opportunity, an open platform on which to speak of whatever angered her without the risk of rebuke.
ZARIAH

Messages In This Thread
Awakening - by Zariah - 04-09-2019, 01:06 AM
RE: Awakening - by Edrei - 05-11-2019, 11:51 PM
RE: Awakening - by Zariah - 05-13-2019, 12:05 AM
RE: Awakening - by Edrei - 05-17-2019, 07:35 PM
RE: Awakening - by Zariah - 05-17-2019, 08:19 PM
RE: Awakening - by Edrei - 05-19-2019, 02:31 AM
RE: Awakening - by Zariah - 05-19-2019, 02:37 PM
RE: Awakening - by Edrei - 05-27-2019, 11:26 PM
RE: Awakening - by Zariah - 05-27-2019, 11:53 PM
RE: Awakening - by Edrei - 05-28-2019, 08:15 PM