best believe i'm still bejeweled
Priestess

Age: 26 | Height: 4'11 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: — - Strg: — - Dext: — - Endr: — - Luck: — - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2609
charlie
The Climb was never still. Even when the Crust appeared old and ancient (and it was, by most standards), everything was still constantly in flux. It was no wonder Dygra had made her home here amidst the churning lava and glittering chasms of gemstones, but the Climb hadn't always looked the way it did today.

Once upon a time when Caido was more or less one large continent and Halo wasn't the icy ballsack we know it as today, "The Climb" stretched over miles and miles, not limited to one small spurt of volcanic activity. In fact, there were multiple volcanoes in those days, spanning a range that nearly rivalled that of the Cordillera but composed entirely of fire and hot flows of lava. But nothing stays put for long, as Dygra teaches us, and so what was once a vast playground of heat and carnage was eventually reduced down to one island (mostly because of the freezing and thawing of what would eventually become Halo. Those frosty bastards).

But, entropy is not the enemy of fate, such that despite having been turned to stone over five centuries past, it just so happened that as two wandering ancients passed through, enough movement in the lava flows had finally revealed the tomb where a long-forgotten ancient had been left to while away eternity in a stony-slumber.
they say i did something bad
then why'd it feel so good?
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Dusklight Security

Age: 39 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4642
// we haven't won, and if we win, //
It’s so superb.” Astaroth hums as he and Dantalion wander through the Climb. The warmth has him so content it’s quite possibly one of the most visible times the tall Ancient has been relaxed like this. “I would say I would like to sleep here for a hundred years, but alas, it isn’t as much fun when you aren’t awake to experience it.” He sighs a bit wistfully, cane clacking against the volcanic rock they wander upon, his dark gaze gleaming in excitement as a lava pool erupts nearby enough the heatwave surges toward them.

His gaze continues to wander, spotting a little revealed cavern, which he’d otherwise pay little attention to. But there’s something about it (a statuesque figure in the middle like a volcanic snow globe) that has him drifting closer, immediately moving the cane to block Danta in the stomach from continuing on to point out the figure hidden within.

Well! What are the odds?” He chuckles, shooting that too sharp grin back at the Theocrat, before the butcher starts to head directly toward the woman to inspect the stone she’d turned into, imagining just what he might have looked like with a shiver of displeasure racing down his spine. “I’m afraid I can’t help much, darling, but don’t worry. We’ll get you out.” He hums, looking over toward Danta as he retrieves the matchbook the Maverick had given him, lighting it up so that Danta could have a flame to work off of before they continue.

Of course, he’ll help where he can, but he is still unfortunately quite weak with his magic thus far.
Astaroth
// and if the morning light sets in, we've cheated fate again //
the Maverick
Theocrat of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 2256
in space the stars are no nearer; just glitters, like a morgue
Swatting at the cane and kicking at Astaroth's shin for good measure as he's halted in his wanderings, Danta shoots the other man a flat look for his trouble. "Been there, done that, haven't we?" He drawls, referring to the sleeping in the Climb for a hundred years - and then some, honestly.

He hasn't told the butcher why they've come home this time around - not yet, anyway. It will become clear once he's had another chat with their dark lady aka get that RQ - but for now it's just pleasant to be around the appropriate temperature for his liking. Still, as Asta's attention is caught by something nearby and Danta gets over himself, he trails after the taller man.

And whilst his companion reacts with almost delight, the Maverick is uncharacteristically solemn about their new garden gnome until he crouches down to inspect her properly. Only when he recognises absolutely nothing about her does he soften, straightening back up and reaching back to snag at the flame the other man has produced.

"Seems like you're in luck today, love," he purrs, growing the fire into a raging starburst that he shrouds her with, crowning her in crimson and orange.
Dantalion
Horns: Diamond - they look very similar to #2 in this image.
Priestess

Age: 26 | Height: 4'11 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
charlie
Dreaming that she was in an underground ocean made entirely of boiling blood, Charlie slumbered. All around her were naked bodies; some meant for pleasure, others for sustenance but all meant for her. On bended knee she welcomed them between her thighs and between her teeth, adding to the waves that punished the shoreline with relenting force, again and again. Suddenly, there was heat. No, real heat. It wrapped around her, and as she looked down at her bloody fingertips, she began to see the outlines of the rock that had encased her centuries before.

Once Danta's magic wore away enough of Charlie's stony cage to the point that she could use her own, she tugged playfully at the Maverick's magic before pouring on gasoline and encasing herself in an utter inferno.

When the flames died down, the two ancients would see a womanly body seemingly shrunk down to girlish size. Wearing a tight black leather gown and holding a sacrificial dagger, the blue-eyed blonde—whose lipstick was still pristine, we should note—blinked up at them. "Have I missed the blood orgy?" She wondered in a musical voice that was shockingly low for her fun-sized features. "Wait, what are you wearing? You're not dressed at all."

Gesturing at Danta first and then Asta—at least the taller of the two looked somewhat presentable, Charlie shook her head. "Where are your robes? Where are the cut outs—" Here, she gestured vaguely to their crotches. "—and where are your knives?" Her voice was bright and bubbly, if not exceedingly confused.
Dusklight Security

Age: 39 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Grinning to Danta with delight as they wander over, and he’s silent as the Maverick inspects her. Asta can’t recognize her either, but he also wasn’t privy to the majority of those in the Climb when he was around.

He’s silent as she comes to with the flame Danta provides, his own helping out where he can, before he snorts a little at her question, offering an apologetic smile. At least until she gestures to their crotches and Asta’s head cocks curiously. “You have been asleep for quite some time, darling.” He offers quietly, extending an arm for her to latch onto should she wish to step out of the once stone grave. “But alas, you have not missed a party that hasn’t started.” He murmurs, glancing to Danta because he’s sure he has much more to add.

And many more questions, too, perhaps.
Astaroth
the Maverick

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Stepping back as he feels the fire snagged away and the Ancient within beginning to control it herself, Danta settles himself beside Asta as the woman comes to, and the Maverick tilts his head curiously to hear his speak. And now it's his turn to grin, open mouthed at the taller man with delight - blood orgies? robes? crotch cutouts? knives? Colour him impressed. "And I am very keen to learn about whatever parties you attend," he adds.

Given that Asta is being his gentlemanly self, Danta busies himself in pulling away some more of the rock so that her journey out of the stone might be made all that easier. "Welcome to Deepfrost, in the year 317 post-cataclysm," he trills. "And before you ask, no, we don't understand what was so cataclysmic about it either."
Dantalion
Priestess

Change author:
charlie
Looking polished but confused, the sort of expression you'd find on the face of one who is normally in control of situations, Charlie looked (up) at both Danta and Asta, before reaching for them both and stepping fully out of the stone that had encased her for over 500 years. Curvascious, but petite, the blonde was in heels that appeared to have a base of bone and straps of leather, adding at least a few inches to her height. Though she'd been turned to stone, that apparently had no ill effect on her complexion, hair, or makeup. Small miracles.

As her fingers slipped from both ancients so that she could adjust her dress somewhat, Charlie froze in place as Danta mentioned the year. "But...?" It made no sense. Looking desperately at Asta with wide blue eyes, Charlie blinked several times while trying to make sense of what she'd just been told.

"But..we were preparing for the Ghost Moon Orgy. I'd...I'd just checked on all the cattle and goats, and on the virgins who had been brought up from the valleys." Smiling to herself, Charlie looked coquettishly up at the two men and shrugged. "Everyone always says the flowers makes their meat taste sweeter, and then..." Pursing her perfectly painted lips, some of the colour drained from Charlie's face. "..then one of the farmers from Landover showed up, shouting about something and then..."

Then it hits her.

He'd frozen her enough to lock her in stone. Not only had she missed the orgy, she'd apparently missed several hundred years.

"You're ancients right? Like me? And Dygra? She's okay, right??"
Dusklight Security

Change author:
Danta explains the year and seems far more intrigued in the idea of the variety of parties that the petite blonde with stunning, immaculate makeup despite being asleep for years, mentions. Astaroth remains silent, keeping his sharp grin aimed at her in greeting as she starts to explain. Dark brows lift and the grin broadens, helping her out of the rocky hole before he stands up straight. “I will have to test that.” He hums, thoughtfully regarding the idea of flowers making meat sweeter.

But, she’s distracted again by the realization as it sinks in, and he gives her the time to let it sink in, before his voice rumbles again and he casts a dark gaze toward Danta. “We are, yes.” He places both of his hands on the cane, his tail waving behind him. “Dygra is as perfect and generous as always.” He confirms, dipping his chin a little. “I had heard she had gone into a slumber not unlike us for a time. At any rate, welcome back.
Astaroth
the Maverick

Change author:
"Careful, you're drooling," Danta purrs to the taller man with a knowing smirk, though it's unclear whether he's referring to the talk of meat or the beguiling blonde between them. Luckily for Asta, perhaps, the idea of a GHOST MOON ORGY has his focus turning right back around, and gods but if Danta doesn't want to pick her brains to find out more, because whilst it doesn't sound unlike their version of The Climb way back when, this does seem much more grand and elaborate.

"Quite a welcome back," he agrees, smirking. "I'm Danta - this tall streak of shadow is Asta. I'm afraid to say our home region is somewhat abandoned these days - times have changed." But don't they always, as is Dygra's intention? "Not that you look it, but I have a feeling that you've been encased in stone for even longer than we were." Gods, but there's a lot to explain, and he's relatively shit at it.
Dantalion
Priestess

Change author:
charlie
Concern lines the blonde's face, but she only looks more youthful for it as her blue eyes meet Asta's. "But she's alright now?" Charlie wondered, her concern seemingly as fragile as the porcelain-doll body she inhabited.

"Changed. Right." Charlie repeated as if the Maverick had meant the words as an admonishment. "Entropy is a necessity!" She sang under her breath, the old saying coming back to her easily. Clearing her throat and seeming to shake off some of the shock, the ancient instantly brightened about 1000 lumens as she beamed up at the two men. "I'm Charlie, super good to meet you and that you came along when you did. Who knows how many more centuries I'd have been in there, huh?"

Trying to take it all in stride—unchanged was for the deranged!—Chralie ran a finger through her long hair as her tail flicked from side to side. "So...where do we all live now? Is it nice? Are we all together? Have we taken over all of Caido?"
Dusklight Security

Change author:
Do you mind?” Astaroth says despite the smile that graces his lips — it’s absolutely a little jab at Dantalion for the drooling comment. Instead, he lets Danta explain and looks to the petite woman with that same sharp toothed smile, bobbing his head lightly. “She absolutely is.” He confirms to alleviate any worries she may have.

He draws quiet again, chuckling at the chant — one that he isn’t familiar with but can absolutely agree and get behind. His grin broadening as she brightens up like a little ball of sunshine he can’t help but to want to gravitate toward. “Pleasure’s ours, Charlie, dear.” He dips a little in a polite bow before drawing back up, stepping aside to let her warm up by the nearby lava pools.

You are quite lucky, as it turns out, because Danta here has been cultivating the Hollowed Grounds with dear Dygra’s help to make it a new little home away from home for us.” He brags for Danta, slinking an arm over his shoulder as if to prove the point, smirking toward the Maverick, sure that he can explain more of the differences.

Namely that they haven’t taken over Caido, unfortunately.
Astaroth
the Maverick

Change author:
"Never, no," Danta quips back to Asta with a debonair smile. He never minds, not when it comes to an opportunity to needle at his friend. As for Charlie, he leaves the taller Ancient to make his gentlemanly introductions, Danta meanwhile wondering if he needs to shield his eyes against the brightness of her bubbly personality. Either way, he similarly steps aside to let her go to the lava pools if she needs to, only to suddenly find an arm about his shoulders.

"Right. Yeah." He narrows cold eyes up at the other man. "It's where the majority of our kin are living these days. Much colder than you might be used to, but we are working on a portal that will let us go between there and here. Anyway." Purposely not making mention of the fact that they have far from taken over Caido, Danta offers Charlie a fanged smile.

"Would you like to come and see it? Wonderful as The Climb is, it can get rather lonely up here nowadays."
Dantalion
Priestess

Change author:
charlie
"Is that so?" Eyebrows raising, Charlie glances between Asta and Danta before slipping towards the lava pools. "The..Hollowed Grounds?" Her head tilts slightly; having come to grips with the fact that much had changed while she slumbered, Charlie tried to rein in her surprise at every little thing, but still found herself confused. "What's that? Or...rather, where?"

Frowning adorably at the mention of cold, the ancient tugged her dress up devilishly high before stepping into the pools. The bubbling lava immediately had her relaxing, and had the gown not been one reserved solely for rituals, she'd have engulfed herself completely. "I wonder if all my things are gone." The ancient mumbles to herself as Danta mentions how lonely the Climb had become, before plastering on a smile which quickly became genuine.

"Well, if that's where home is now, then that's where I'd like to be!"
Dusklight Security

Change author:
Fuck you.” Astaroth says through a smile, hushed and quiet for Danta’s quips. His smile is aimed precisely at the ball of bloody sunlight they’d just uncovered and he’s keen to learn more, already a giant fan of nearly everything she speaks of.

South, darling.” He hums, his rich tone accented at odds with Danta’s own, purposefully looking away toward the blonde at his side while Charlie steps into the lava pools and lifts her dress high, keen to give her some privacy as she does so (though he doubts she cares about it, given her curiosity on whether the orgy had started, but ah well.) “Unfortunately, they likely are. But there’s no saying you can’t get or make more.” Just as with his cane, it was different from before but harbored the full intention of being remade into what he once had.

He steps forward toward the pool, cane clicking as he nods to both her and Danta, excitement gleaming in the darkness of his gaze. “Perhaps we should make a stop in Torchline first?” He suggests, only perhaps more politely than Danta had literally left him to his own devices once they’d landed in the tropical region.
Astaroth