you're missing what im tryna say, there's nothing getting in my way
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
"East it is," Jigano agreed easily. East was as good a direction as any, and he began walking with the lantern held low so it wouldn't block their vision. The puddles receded behind them fairly quickly, though a sense of dampness remained in the air. They didn't get far, however, before cobwebs began to trail from the ceiling in clinging wisps of sticky threads. A skittering sound rustled through the debris to their right, and the bard glanced inquiringly at his companion.

"Rats?" he suggested as they walked along, but his question was answered a moment later as the lantern light caught a silvery mass of webbing down near the floor, and a dead rodent caught in the surprisingly strong strands. Jigano knelt to examine it, and it looked desiccated rather than fresh. He stood with an uneasy glance around them and continued a little further before the cobwebs became thicker, more like proper webbing, and harder to avoid. Lifting the lantern cautiously he saw the light reflect for a moment off of what looked to be a hundred tiny mirrors ahead of them, spangled about the webbing like red raindrops or bloody jewels. For a moment they held still, then they winked in unison and the webbing shook as the owners of those eyes fled deeper into the shadows.

Suppressing an atavistic shiver, Jigano slanted a wry glance at Killian. "Do you want to keep going this way? I think the far wall isn't too far back from here, based on the size of the building above us. We can try going south from here, or back a little ways to make sure we're clear of the webbing?" He left it up to his companion to decide, though he had no real desire to go any further into the spider's nest ahead of them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: you're missing what im tryna say, there's nothing getting in my way - by Jigano - 04-21-2019, 05:47 PM