Starfall
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 75 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 82 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 201

"Are you sure about this?" Ronin's voice was soft. They stood at the edge of a pier near dawn, his hands clasped in Vanya's. Beyond and below them, an ocean of fading stars spilled into the world. The ex-captain's hair was ruffled by a gentle breeze, his loose shirt billowing, his blue eyes playful as he searched his lady's expression.

Vanya stared out into the endless cosmos that had become her domain, to the great ocean that spilled downwards. The breeze that picked up pulled at her dark hair and meager clothing, and the seabird turned her nutmeg eyes to Ronin with glimmers of warmth. She knew beyond any doubt that she would sail the stars and soar the cosmos for eternity to wait for him and for Aoife.

But by the Ocean, she also knew that he needed to go. Time was different here, but down there their baby, their Aoife... she was growing up without either one of them. ”They’re all miserable without you Ronin,” she pressed with a smile. She glanced down and reached her hands up to pull at the collar of his loose shirt, adjusting it idly. “And I worked damn hard to get Vi and Mort to listen.” Her eyes flicked up, and she tugged sharply at his shirt to pull him down closer to her. Our daughter needs you, and I’m not going anywhere, okay? You know where to find me.”

It was the answer he had been expecting, but that didn't make it any less difficult to let her go - again. Ronin glanced over his shoulder, down into the cosmos, and furrowed his brow. Only Vanya's hand on his cheek brought his focus back. "Okay," he murmured. "I don't know what will happen from here, but if I don't see you or hear you again..."

She leaned up to kiss him wholly, with every ounce of starlit love that carried between them and sighed against his lips. When his goodbye began, her chest tightened, but she smiled against his lips. “Go do your thing, captain,” she whispered. Vanya held her love just little bit tighter before she pulled back from him and flashed him a wicked grin...

And gave him shove off of the dock.

And so it was at dawn, before the Spire, that one of the stars fell out of the sky.

It made quite a racket as it hit the ground, responsible for a crater larger than the one that Ronin had died in. Made sense in a way, he thought.

What didn't (and did, sort of) make sense was the fact that he was stark bollock naked. And hungry. Like... really, really hungry.

Groaning, he got his elbows under him and managed to lever himself up to kneel in the dust. His coughing and spluttering soon turned into giddy laughter that rang like a bell around the area, Ronin grinning and running his fingers through his hair. "Hoo, boy. Hello?" he called, blinking about. "What, no parade?" Snorting, he tried to get his feet under him - and promptly fell back on his ass.
ronypony
it's always nice to make an impression

Messages In This Thread
Starfall - by Safrin - 04-13-2019, 07:49 PM
RE: Starfall - by Ronin - 04-13-2019, 07:57 PM
RE: Starfall - by Ashetta - 04-13-2019, 08:09 PM
RE: Starfall - by Ronin - 04-13-2019, 08:27 PM
RE: Starfall - by Ashetta - 04-13-2019, 08:43 PM
RE: Starfall - by Ronin - 04-13-2019, 08:58 PM
RE: Starfall - by Kalt - 04-13-2019, 09:04 PM
RE: Starfall - by Ashetta - 04-13-2019, 09:19 PM
RE: Starfall - by Ronin - 04-13-2019, 09:43 PM