To boldly go, where no cobbler have gone before.
for Roana.
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ROANA
Who is that girl I see
Staring straight back at me?
His reaction was painful to watch. Someone who trusted her, someone who she had helped get on their feet in this new world, someone who was good at heart (if a bit wacky) being clearly appalled by her actions. It hurt her somewhere deep in her soul. Are was exactly the sort of person she was supposed to protect, and here she was, telling him she had unleashed a potential war upon the land. She frowned, but refused to look down, burning this reaction into her mind. This was why she fought. This was why she would continue to fight. This was why they had to bring it all to an end.

He asked why - a question she longed to hear and answer - but quickly retracted it. "A price a hero is willing to pay I take it." A...hero? "I am no hero." Roana said immediately. "I am just trying to do what is right, to set things back in order and restore balance to this place so there can be actual peace. I've the strength and training, and it is my duty to use it for the greater good." she said quietly, gripping the sword on her hip as if it would give her the strength to follow through on her words.

Us against them? Roana shook her head quickly. "This isn't a situation of us versus them. While they've been...less than kind and walked down a path that under normal circumstances would lead to a war or at least blood feud, they are only doing what they believe needs doing to serve their gods. I won't fault anyone that." She would fault them for starting riots and rampant hatred, but not for defending their religious beliefs. "This is a case of a war drawn out, rather than a war brought to an end. By trapping the Voice and not killing her, they have simply delayed the inevitable. It is a common and regularly unsuccessful tactic. The hope is that their followers will die out, they will lose their power without strength in numbers, and then no longer be a problem, or at worst a negligible one." she explained. "But that failed. There were still Ascended being created. She still had the ability to sway the minds of the people to her cause. The barrier was doing nothing other than subjecting people to elongated suffering, trapped in a cage for the punishment of a war they did not bring unto themselves." her voice rose with emotion. Frustration. Anger. Passion. As blue as the ocean her eyes were, they lit up with flames of fury.

"So no. It is not us against them. It is us, thrown into a war of the gods. The Voice called us here to release her and we did. But desperate acts for survival can also be ones undoing." She had called people who were strong enough to release her - that meant they just might be strong enough to bring her down too. And if that was what it took to finally bring peace to this place, sobeit.
Why is my reflection someone
I don't know?

Messages In This Thread
RE: To boldly go, where no cobbler have gone before. - by Roana - 04-21-2019, 10:20 PM