[SE] I Saw Three Ships
Open!
Thalassa Sanguis
Pirate Captain

Age: 25 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Dew Offline
Change author:
MP: 425
Life is tough my darling, but so are you.
Glancing around at The Marauder, she took a moment to appreciate the solid structure that had been her only home for the last year. Thal gave the railing an affectionate pat and turned to Lena. "The best." She wouldn't claim it was the best ship in the ocean or even the best ship in the harbor, and it couldn't compare to skyships, but it was the best ship for her. It was her ship and she wouldn't trade it for the world.

Thal nodded her head at the thanks and took a leaning seat at one of the other barrels, trying not to let her feet dangle. She took a slow sip of her whiskey, letting the alcohol burn a trail down her throat and settle a warm presence in her stomach. With the crew, she'd spend all night downing cheap liquor like a pro, but this kind of drink was not meant for chugging. It was meant for savoring. So she did just that, letting both Lena's question and the smoky flavors sink in.

After a delayed moment, she motioned to the ship around them. "I've been considering moving to the Grounds, but for now, The Marauder is my home." Giving Lena a satisfied grin, she tilted her head like a curious cat. "What brought you so far from Stormbreak?"
Thalassa
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 5254
Lena
hope is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul
Lena probably would have said the same about the Celestine – the best for what it was. A place of serenity, of guidance and hope, of healing and tranquil bouts where one could linger and rest beneath gardens and moonlit expanses. So the Caretaker smiled at the brief description, eyes meandering over the sails and planks, the boards and barrels.

She also took a slow slip, the burn guiding down her throat, her hands occupied by both drink and Mittens. The companion seemed wholly entranced by the new game it had come up with, leaving her mind to wander at Thalassa’s information and inquiry. “So, anywhere it takes you?” She allowed another smile, before her gaze went downward, a shrug to her shoulders. “Hoping for more information on the creatures infected by the void.” Which of course, hadn’t been forthcoming, and she didn’t want to admit how poorly their expedition amidst the Feverlands had gone.
and sings the tune without the words
and never stops at all
Thalassa Sanguis
Pirate Captain

Age: 25 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
Thal watched Mittens with what might border on 'fondness,' disguising the smile that threatens to emerge with another sip of her whiskey and a nod in response to Lena's question. "Anywhere I want it to take me. That's one of the benefits of being Captain." She gave the woman an amused smile, then crossed her legs at the ankle and leaned back to admire the deep blue of the ocean water.

The topic of the Void was not one she had a lot of information on and she said as much. "You won't find much here, especially with the new barrier around the Inner Quarter. Although Maea might be able to let you in on some of her research." Her mind went back to the experiment and negative emotions came flooding back in, how expendable she was and how much Maea had dismissed her. There weren't any positive memories from that night and she attempted to push them away with evading questions. "Why is his name Mittens?" It was a shallow, random question, but it was the first thing that came to mind and she was desperate to distract herself. Thal shifted her body to hide the discomfort, taking another sip and relishing the painful burn to remind her that she was here, not alone.
Thalassa
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 5254
Lena
hope is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul
“That’s a relief then,” she softened with a sigh, hands clutching hold of the tankard rather than raising it to her mouth again. The Grounds had found a way to ensure they wouldn’t be absorbed or overrun by the creatures, while Stormbreak was…she frowned, but didn’t let it stay for long. In truth, they’d started on something, but once Sohalia had been taken, naught more had been done. She couldn’t quite fathom what Dahlia would try or strive for anyway, and maybe she was better off that way. “I’ve been in contact with Maea,” nodding; though not since the Feverland had been snagged in their less than successful efforts.

Maybe it was time to try again.

But then the inquiry caused her eyes to flicker back from the Captain, to her companion, who was now using the bauble to rotate around, like a focal point. “It is an abominable snowball. I thought it was fitting,” came along a smile, and nothing more. Simplistic, perhaps, but also amusing.
and sings the tune without the words
and never stops at all
Thalassa Sanguis
Pirate Captain

Change author:
"I see." The continued topic of Maea made her drink taste sour in her mouth as she nodded at Lena's words. It wasn't surprising that she was familiar with her. The pale Ancient seemed to have her nose in everything and connections with everyone. It made her jealous of the community Maea had built, but she pushed the feeling aside with excessive force and lingering anger that she hid with another large swig of her whiskey. Thal's glass was empty at this point and she quickly refilled it.

Offering the bottle to Lena, she watched Mittens orbit the shiny bulb. The strange snowball creature was comedic in a light-hearted, simple way that somehow pulled a smile from her lips. "Fair enough." Not sure what else to say and content to watch the spinning activity, Thal quietly sipped her drink, letting the subtle sway of the ship and alcohol in her stomach dull the pain.
Thalassa