I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve
Noe Carpenter
Engineer-in-training

Age: 19 | Height: 5'0" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 1 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Why you got it in for me?
Is it cause I bring it to your knees?
The hideaway nestled amongst the roots of the Grotto was not the first place that Noe thought to look for her brother, but it also wasn't the last. It had been some time since she'd wandered these tangles, but it was still a place she came to find solace when things got hard. And, after checking at home and the usual haunts - like Molly's - and finding no trace of Koa, it was to their old skyhouse that she went.

She clambered through the roots, cursing occasionally as she tripped or banged her head, navigating the familiar path with more difficulty than when she was younger. Though still small in stature, as a child she had been smaller still, and it had been much easier to duck beneath branches. At least as an adult it was easier to clamber over them, and she smiled at the memory of trying to do so when she was younger.

When she finally popped into the skyhouse, she half expected it to be empty, full of nothing but ghosts of a distant past. But then she saw Koa, looking so dejected that her heart broke, and she climbed in, sliding past Pip to sit on the planks beside him close enough that their shoulders touched. "Hey," she said, soft and affectionate. Then, more playfully, to try and cheer him up: "Who do I need to beat up?"
Throw water on electricity just to see
If the sparkle make us feel the way we used to feel
Noe

Messages In This Thread
RE: I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve - by Noe - 06-27-2023, 09:26 PM