{se} All our flaws are bittersweet
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 8062
Hotaru

Remi is not the name she expects to hear, and surprise and delight both sneak through the placid control of her expression. Not that it disrupts the steadiness of her hands as she pours Isla's cup, setting the kettle to the side to intertwine her hands above her own cup, too intrigued to focus on drinking just yet. "Truly? I'm sure you don't need my input but that's wonderful. I'm very happy for you both." They'd been nothing but friends once, before the twins, and even after they'd been close - but the war, and their shared need for isolation, had changed things greatly. Still, Hotaru would never want anything but happiness for Remi, and Isla had always been a key part of that.

Remembering herself with a start, Hotaru lifts her teacup and extends it halfway over the table with a beautiful smile. "But before we forget, our toast. To better seasons." Seasons they seem well on their way to living.

Hotaru isn't aware how much she wanted an apology until it's given, though she does playfully scoff a laugh as she reclines into her seat. "Someone needs to craft a translator for that man; his intentions and statements rarely match up." Though it's clear by her fond tone that Hotaru is quite used to that now. "We truly are just rekindling our friendship. I had a little more support after the war, and I want to help him heal the way I have - even if I am far from finished myself." And here she smiles wryly. "Precisely why I don't think a relationship would be a good decision here and now." In the future? Well, Hotaru has gotten too used to Caido throwing various wrenches to plan for things like that. She may very well eat her words.

Quite like her daughter with the ease of physical contact, Hotaru reaches out to gently touch her fingertips to the back of Isla's hand. "Regardless, I respect the difficult decision you made to protect your own heart." She doesn't linger physically however, aware they are still strangers and not wanting to impose on Isla's unknown boundaries. "Sunjata is better than I have seen him in a long time. We went to Frey's Breath recently and contented ourselves with childish stupidity." Splashing, tussling, dramatics. Hotaru can't help an endeared smile to remember it. "It was good to see him smile so freely. But he did express he was uncertain if you were still friends." A break in trust she feels is warranted if it means Isla can remedy that situation. (Hah)
come what may
she would be wild, untrammeled, free
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
{se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Hotaru - 07-06-2023, 06:23 AM
RE: {se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Isla - 07-06-2023, 05:24 PM
RE: {se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Isla - 07-07-2023, 10:05 AM
RE: {se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Isla - 07-07-2023, 06:56 PM
RE: {se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Isla - 07-08-2023, 11:28 AM
RE: {se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Isla - 07-08-2023, 09:04 PM
RE: {se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Hotaru - 07-08-2023, 09:33 PM
RE: {se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Isla - 07-08-2023, 09:53 PM
RE: {se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Isla - 07-10-2023, 10:25 AM
RE: {se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Isla - 07-15-2023, 05:12 PM
RE: {se} All our flaws are bittersweet - by Isla - 07-18-2023, 06:02 PM