Solace in Strange Arms
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 8062
you have survived every moment of your life
even the ones you swore you wouldn't
Harper had been taken aback by the new scars he'd seen on Sunjata at the meeting, but already he had made peace with it, accustomed to war wounds and looking past them to avoid staring or questioning. As Sunjata sits, the Attuned bond will open enough for the Flood to parse the alcohol-tinged feelings of depression-fueled relief at having company on this night.

He opens his mouth to quietly - and hopefully tactfully given he's usually great at handling his alcohol - ask about Sunjata's experience after the war, only to startle and stare wide-eyed as Sunjata asks about him instead. Harper sits there for a beat too long, struck dumb by such a small kindness. When was the last time somebody noticed the weight he was under? Had the care to ask instead of politely looking away?

Maybe it's the alcohol or just his naturally soft heart, but Harper's eyes burn slightly as he considers the question. "Um," he clears his throat, trying to work past the way his heart cracks with childlike relief that somebody has seen him so plainly and unaware that the Flood will sense all of it through the less-than-controlled bond. "Phoebe disappeared right after our son Jude was born. Maeve helped me raise him since I was alone - and we became a couple. Then she disappeared in much the same way, and I...called it off." His hand tightens around his glass, gaze dropping from Sunjata's face to the whitening of his own knuckles. "Flora and I had a bloody political debate, and I was made King of Torchline." His free hand waves slightly, because it's clear Sunjata knows he is King at the very least. "My son aged up because I could not hide how I was struggling, and now I'm an empty nester in a huge house ruling a land I never thought I'd have to." Given he'd lived in Torchline while Sunjata was doing exactly that, he offers a wry grin to the man. "Not that I blame you for leaving. I meant - well, I never thought I'd be a political leader. I was always a military leader." Even if that might seem out of character for a man like Harper; modern, heart-on-his-sleeve, friendly Harper.
this time is no different
you will last

Messages In This Thread
Solace in Strange Arms - by Harper - 09-05-2023, 01:30 AM
RE: Solace in Strange Arms - by Sunjata - 09-05-2023, 01:38 AM
RE: Solace in Strange Arms - by Harper - 09-05-2023, 01:55 AM
RE: Solace in Strange Arms - by Sunjata - 09-05-2023, 02:06 AM
RE: Solace in Strange Arms - by Harper - 09-05-2023, 02:19 AM
RE: Solace in Strange Arms - by Sunjata - 09-05-2023, 02:42 AM
RE: Solace in Strange Arms - by Harper - 09-05-2023, 03:12 AM
RE: Solace in Strange Arms - by Sunjata - 09-05-2023, 03:35 AM
RE: Solace in Strange Arms - by Harper - 09-05-2023, 03:52 AM