i fear i have fallen from grace
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 30 - Int:
PIPSQUEAK - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2830
A joy hard-learned in winter was the warming of the bed
You'd shake for minutes there and move your legs
She's frail, so terribly, terrifyingly frail, ghostly pale with shocks of blood upon her sallow lips. Fear rakes cold fingers across his heart, the memory of another body pressing towards his mind- but no, there isn't time for that. Grief has no place among the living, and Soh is still alive.

Which isn't to say he is not afraid. Nor is he prepared to leave her, even without her pained request. "I'm right here," he answers, his calloused fingers cupping her cheek as gently as if it were made of glass. "I'm not going to leave you." Only when medics arrive does his hand fall away, the young man standing to give them space to work. Boyish and anxious he peers over their shoulders, shifting his weight to improve his angle, better his view of whatever it is they're doing to stabilize her. And when they lift her he's there to help, following diligently toward the infirmary, a companion scooped under each arm.

Together the trio waits as Soh is taken into surgery, Koa doing his best to soothe the anxious dragonling and griffin chick while his own emotions run wild. And when, at last, Sohalia awakes, she will find the soldier there: his long limbs twisted into an armchair, his head on his shoulder, fast asleep.
Koa Carpenter
Wrap the blanket over you and keep your head within
Let your breath heat the air until you'd feel it getting thin

Messages In This Thread
i fear i have fallen from grace - by Sohalia - 09-14-2023, 01:36 AM
RE: i fear i have fallen from grace - by Koa - 09-20-2023, 02:05 AM
RE: i fear i have fallen from grace - by Sohalia - 09-20-2023, 02:29 AM
RE: i fear i have fallen from grace - by Koa - 10-18-2023, 11:28 PM
RE: i fear i have fallen from grace - by Sohalia - 10-20-2023, 10:37 PM