Until proven guilty
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 8062
I watch you like a hawk
like I'm gonna tear you limb from limb
Half his questions go unanswered, and though he is more riled than Hadama to be sure (which isn’t hard when the Mer King is almost never ruffled) Harper is more bewildered than anything. And yes, a little insulted.

“I don’t doubt your sincerity - but this seems like you’re instigating a political nightmare. The Dragoons are Stormbreak’s protectors. If you received a testimony from one of our citizens, regardless of where the crime was committed, should we not be the ones to take on any follow up?” He tries to word it more kindly than you’re out of your jurisdiction kid, because Hadama’s emotions wash over his own, but Harper has had his kingly toes stepped on almost endlessly since stepping up to the title. He’s admittedly running out of patience - but even he knows that isn’t Koa’s fault personally.

Hadama’s offer doesn’t feel like enough, and Harper’s restless disagreement is felt through the bond. But this is the balance they keep; Hadama the giving, pliable ocean, and Harper the stubborn stone it washes against. Good cop bad cop. “I would prefer to conduct it ourselves. Alone. Even if sentencing were to happen, it would still not fall to the purview of the Dragoons.” Maybe Harper is more fiercely protective than he thought, but he doesn’t enjoy the encroachment of what is essentially an un-allied militia on the procedurals of Torchline. “We haven’t allied with or hired the Dragoons on this matter, nor with Stormbreak at large. You’ve told us the crime - we can take it from here, and happily transfer information such as the testimony you received, and our own discoveries.” Baby steps of cohesion and cooperation instead of whatever in the world this is. “You ask for our trust, but why do you not trust us to have and upkeep our own functioning judicial system?” Harper’s earnestness shines through here, both palms emerging almost in supplication. “I’m just saying, it doesn’t inspire confidence in how you perceive us.” Like helpless maidens, or an underdeveloped nation that needs the intervention of a superior power to “advance”. Which, as a futuristic man dropped in Caido straight onto his head, is laughable to Harper. Still - he tries to use his words as a gentle teaching lesson, so that any future relations or ideals for the Dragoons do not die here on the shoreline due to heightened emotions and perceived slights.
will the hunger ever stop?
can we simply starve this sin?
HARPER

Messages In This Thread
Until proven guilty - by Hadama - 09-03-2023, 09:55 PM
RE: Until proven guilty - by Harper - 09-05-2023, 01:37 AM
RE: Until proven guilty - by Koa - 09-10-2023, 07:31 PM
RE: Until proven guilty - by Hadama - 09-12-2023, 05:17 AM
RE: Until proven guilty - by Harper - 09-16-2023, 06:36 AM
RE: Until proven guilty - by Koa - 09-21-2023, 05:10 PM
RE: Until proven guilty - by Hadama - 09-21-2023, 08:14 PM
RE: Until proven guilty - by Harper - 09-28-2023, 06:48 PM