Until proven guilty
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 30 - Int:
PIPSQUEAK - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2830
So tired trying to see from behind the red in my eyes
No better version of me I could pretend to be tonight
Koa is beginning to wonder if sleeping through his politics classes wasn't a mistake.

Hadama's question has him caught between bristling and sighing, the circular nature of the conversation starting to wear on the boy. "Of course," he agrees with clipped frustration, pretty certain he hasn't really suggested anything else (out loud). But it's frustration he swallows down, forces back into his gut, because what point will it serve? At least Hadama's trying to work with him, to get the awkward position he's in.

Unlike Harper, who seems to have developed a serious vendetta against our poor Dragoon. No wonder Flora hates him, he thinks.

Muscles flicker in his jaw, his mouth drawn into a tense line as Harper continues to make a mountain out of a bloody molehill. "I think we're losing sight of the actual issue." It takes all of his carefully crafted self control to maintain any amount of neutrality, though his composure is belied by the way his fingers rub against his pants, the strain in his face as he tries to smile. "And much of the fault lies with me. I'm... not great at all this diplomacy stuff. The Dragoons have nothing but respect for Torchline, its people, and its rulers. I would never want to imply otherwise, and I'm really very sorry that things came across that way."

He means it, too. Angry as he may be at the Kings of Torchline, Koa is angrier at himself. His first attempt at establishing the Dragoons as a group promoting the protection of all people, and he's failed rather miserably. Maybe it was a pipe dream, thinking he could do this. Maybe he should have just stayed in his small world, in his narrow lane.

"I think... at the end of the day, there's a group of people who attacked travelers in the Wilds. And for all we know, there could be more. And that's the most important thing, what the Dragoons - what I - want to do: figure out why this happened, and how to prevent it from happening again." Because no matter what he may suspect about Edmund's role, Koa cannot shake the memory of Jude's very real fear. And that - that is something he never wants the boy to ever endure again.

"Like I said, I've never done something like this before. And I really didn't mean to step on toes. Or tails," he adds, smiling wryly at Hadama, hopeful that some levity will help patch up this disaster. "If you'll let me - I have a proposal. I am still going to investigate what happened in the Wilds, to try and find out who this group was and make sure the roads are safe for any who travel them." On this Koa will not yield. He's made a promise to protect all the people of Caido, after all. "Though I would welcome the assistance of Torchline - Gods know I'm, uh, not much of a seasoned adventurer myself.

"But for the victims, I'll reach out to the one who disclosed to me and encourage him to come to you. As you've said, the last thing I want is for anyone to have to relive this trauma."
Not strictly true- he'd really like to hear from Edmund just what the fuck went on. "That way you can conduct your own investigation, and I won't have to compromise the anonymity of the victim without his consent. Is that..." Ah, and here it is, the shift from soldier to puppy dog. Thus far our lad's been eloquent and composed, but now he lets his guard drop slightly, face earnest and hopeful and a boyish as he looks between the kings. "I mean, does that sound okay?"

And yeah, maybe he's putting it on a little thick. Never let it be said of Koa that he doesn't know how to work what gifts the gods gave him, be it smooth flirtation or boyish charm.
Koa
No other version of me I would rather be tonight
And, Lord, she found me just in time

Messages In This Thread
Until proven guilty - by Hadama - 09-03-2023, 09:55 PM
RE: Until proven guilty - by Harper - 09-05-2023, 01:37 AM
RE: Until proven guilty - by Koa - 09-10-2023, 07:31 PM
RE: Until proven guilty - by Hadama - 09-12-2023, 05:17 AM
RE: Until proven guilty - by Harper - 09-16-2023, 06:36 AM
RE: Until proven guilty - by Koa - 09-21-2023, 05:10 PM
RE: Until proven guilty - by Hadama - 09-21-2023, 08:14 PM
RE: Until proven guilty - by Harper - 09-28-2023, 06:48 PM