[se] ash coating our hands
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 8062
The skies are black with lead-filled rain
a morbid painting on display
She can only sense the slightest notions of dread from his side of the bond, and it's not an unrealistic fear in the least. She'd had the twins before the war, and had assumed Safrin's blessing would keep them safe - but they had aged regardless, and nothing she could have prepared for could have kept Enzo safe. But even with the loss of her son, she doesn't regret having had them, even if she wishes she could have changed how they were conceived and reared. Perhaps Deimos and Evie would come to have those realizations as well, the same way they were going ahead with their wedding despite the dangers and changes of the world around them. If it nets her cute babies to fawn over, she'll consider it a win.

His question is not unexpected. Deimos is far more astute than most others in her life; aware of her soul and scarcely discernible tells in a way nobody else is. Pausing in their trek, she turns to him, heterochromatic eyes searching his face for a long quiet moment. "Yes," she finally says, simple and soft. There is no point in explaining that it was not a decision made lightly or without plentiful hours - days - of consideration; he will know that. "Halo has not needed me in some time." She has held no formal council position, and while she'd been a valuable asset during the war, Halo was now the most advanced region in Caido and the most populated at that. "And while I have had need of her, it was to close myself away - uphold a banner and mission that Enzo never actually asked me to take up." The Academy had grown strong beneath her command, but there were so few left in the world, and other ways to dismantle Abandoned prejudice as made clear by Stormbreak's efforts.

"He wanted me to be happy, to live. And if the risk I am taking is wrong, then I know Halo will be there for me to return to - as will all of my loved ones." Deimos, Talyson, Alys, Sah. People she could still visit and see, because Sunjata could not do the same in reverse. A judgment she does not hold against Deimos, but which had weighed in on her decision all the same.
This is the night that young love died
Buried at each others sides
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
[se] ash coating our hands - by Deimos - 11-07-2023, 11:54 PM
RE: [se] ash coating our hands - by Hotaru - 11-14-2023, 05:53 AM
RE: [se] ash coating our hands - by Deimos - 11-15-2023, 12:41 AM
RE: [se] ash coating our hands - by Hotaru - 11-22-2023, 03:28 AM
RE: [se] ash coating our hands - by Deimos - 11-22-2023, 12:34 PM
RE: [se] ash coating our hands - by Hotaru - 11-27-2023, 07:17 AM
RE: [se] ash coating our hands - by Deimos - 11-27-2023, 09:50 PM
RE: [se] ash coating our hands - by Hotaru - 11-30-2023, 12:53 AM
RE: [se] ash coating our hands - by Deimos - 12-01-2023, 12:02 AM
RE: [se] ash coating our hands - by Hotaru - 12-03-2023, 03:02 AM
RE: [se] ash coating our hands - by Deimos - 12-03-2023, 04:46 PM