catching my death
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Sohalia
Don't try to wake me up
Even if the sun really does come out tomorrow
Anju's words were not the reason for Sohalia's breakdown; let's be honest, this had been a long time coming, and she'd done it to herself. That didn't make it any easier to swallow. If anything, it made things worse knowing that she'd dug her own grave and would now be expected to lie in it. And the worst part was, she deserved it, deserved to be left here in the forest to rot, to have her city taken away from her, to go back to being nobody and nothing. At least that way, she couldn't hurt anyone else.

Riya arrived, curling up near the girl and resting her head on Soh's lap. With shaking hands, the Luminary began to stroke the dragon's scales, focusing on the feel of them beneath her hand rather than the cacophony inside her brain. And slowly, slowly, as she patted Riya and listened to Anju's words, sense began to return.

Her breathing slowed; her heart calmed. And though she still sniffled pitifully, she looked up at Anju with red-rimmed eyes and listened. Despite everything, a spark of hope lit in the girl's chest. Maybe her friend was right. Maybe everything in her personal life had gone to hell, but that didn't mean she had to let it destroy her. She swallowed past the lump in her throat, but her voice was still thick when she said, "Okay," in a small voice that she didn't quite recognize. She reached up to swipe at the tears still staining her cheeks. "Okay. Let's go home."

-FIN-
Don't believe anything you say anymore
In the morn, in the morning

Messages In This Thread
catching my death - by Sohalia - 12-03-2023, 08:01 AM
RE: catching my death - by Anju - 12-08-2023, 10:49 PM
RE: catching my death - by Liam - 12-09-2023, 12:51 AM
RE: catching my death - by Sohalia - 12-09-2023, 01:19 AM
RE: catching my death - by Anju - 12-17-2023, 09:02 AM
RE: catching my death - by Liam - 12-20-2023, 01:56 AM
RE: catching my death - by Sohalia - 12-28-2023, 11:54 PM
RE: catching my death - by Anju - 01-02-2024, 12:57 AM