[RQ] Vested interest
Noah
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 1847
MAEA
Was the desire to set her teeth into anything that moved a reason to attract Vi's ire?

The question hung unasked in her mind, suspended and given no freedom to air itself. Maea gritted her teeth against the yawning unease radiating from the serpent. One at a time she accepted the items from Noah; gloves on. Bag open. Twine at the ready. With her hands protected, she seized the snake directly behind the head and felt its corded muscle wrap up around her arm as she lifted it off the ground. Putting the sack down, the snake was placed on it. Switching grip so that she could hold the animal through the cloth, Maea quickly pulled the sack up and freed herself from the slithering coils.

Now she could let go, to seal the sack from a safe distance. Just for good measure she added another bag, losely woven fibres of hemp allowing enough air through that the creature could still breathe. With every layer of material between herself and her captive the void energy muted; a heavy sigh escaped her, along with a faint shudder.

"I'm sorry. I don't know why I said it like that..." Taking a few steps away from the bag to breathe and escape the awful energy made her feel better. "If it makes you feel better, this one won't be kept for long. I don't know what Dygra will do with it, but ingredients are normally consumed in the process...." A snorted laughter without much humor recalled a near incident; "Amalia almost sacrificed herself to rebuild the Temple, before Safrin told us that." It had almost resulted in a failure of the whole quest.

Rubbing her forehead with the back of a gloved hand, Maea looked at Noah. "As someone who was born Abandoned and then resurrected by the Voice, I sometimes find it hard to stomach the decrees of the gods. That's not your fault however, nor do I think it unreasonable in this case. I'm definitely comforted to hear that some abilities still work on these things... just wish there was another way besides killing them."

No doubt it would be an unpleasant journey back to the Grounds. But at least the capture had gone smoothly and if the woods released them quickly enough the protective barrier was one step closer to completion.
Light is easy to love
Show me your darkness
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
[RQ] Vested interest - by Maea - 02-26-2024, 12:44 PM
RE: [RQ] Vested interest - by Noah - 02-26-2024, 02:36 PM
RE: [RQ] Vested interest - by Maea - 02-26-2024, 05:06 PM
RE: [RQ] Vested interest - by Noah - 02-27-2024, 04:24 PM
RE: [RQ] Vested interest - by Maea - 03-02-2024, 11:54 AM
RE: [RQ] Vested interest - by Noah - 03-12-2024, 01:03 AM
RE: [RQ] Vested interest - by Maea - 03-13-2024, 03:43 PM
RE: [RQ] Vested interest - by Noah - 03-15-2024, 01:53 PM
RE: [RQ] Vested interest - by Maea - 03-15-2024, 05:43 PM
RE: [RQ] Vested interest - by Noah - 03-17-2024, 07:15 PM
RE: [RQ] Vested interest - by Maea - 03-17-2024, 08:43 PM