{RQ} Come with nothing, no expectations
For Marcus!
Soleil Lovi
Adventurer

Age: 21 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 2 - Int:
DIANA - Regular - Arctic Wolf
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 8062
Soleil
Soleil is not normally the type to disagree, but sometimes it's good to be contrarian around kids, if only to show that nobody is ever right when it comes to things as fickle as opinions. She sticks her tongue out in an exaggerated expression. "Regions as a whole maybe, but there's definitely ugly parts! Swamps and mudpits and empty deserts where all the cool stuff takes ages more walking to find." Surely some people would find them beautiful, but Soleil has had quite enough of mud after the torrential rain in the Grounds the season prior, and the waterlogged tundra outside the Citadel after Starfall.

She intends to expand a little more on that, but the questions he poses as they work alongside each other is both topical and a distraction from her previous train of thought. "Hmm, I'm not sure. I'm not in a rush to decide," she confesses honestly as her trowel dips back into the bucket. "My dad has lived in Halo pretty much since the moment he arrived, and it's almost the same as where we lived before the Voice brought us here." Not unlike Noah and Cordelia, even if they had not been born in Halo. Soleil had scarcely been old enough to count as anything but a Natural in Halo. "I explore because, well, I think - and I think personally, like your parents about the beauty of Caido -" she makes sure to emphasize, tapping the side of her nose with her free fingers with a conspiring smile, "that it's a little ridiculous to live in one place forever without seeing the rest of the world first. But I still think I'm too young to be deciding which land is best for 'forever' when forever seems so long." For now, her heart is happy to return to Halo between adventures, slowly categorizing which lands she likes better and why.

With one section done, Soleil stands and grabs the bucket, moving it a few yards further down the wall to the next section and settling back into the rhythm of work there. "I think just because we're born in a place it doesn't mean it's the best place for us. Just for our parents - and we don't have to be like them." She shrugs elegantly and turns a warm smile toward Marcus. "What do you think?" As a competitive chatter, she'd surely given him a lot to comment on, so she leaves the question vague in case he was drawn to one point or another.
You'll never leave me if I'm already gone

Messages In This Thread
RE: {RQ} Come with nothing, no expectations - by Soleil - 04-01-2024, 09:53 PM