Remember the pact of our youth
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 30 - Int:
PIPSQUEAK - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2830
A joy hard-learned in winter was the warming of the bed
You'd shake for minutes there and move your legs
Well, things have gone terribly awry.

After being knocked out by a abominable snowman, Koa had woken up to a number of surprises. The first: Pip worriedly pawing at his chest, her normal chattering uncharacteristically muted and worried, her nose cold as she presses it into his. "Hey, Pip, I'm good," he'd murmured, reaching up to run a hand through her thick, warm fur. With a groan he pulled up to a seated position, wincing at the throbbing in his head. "It's alright, see?" he reassured the distress dragonling, forcing soothing thoughts through the bond. "Not even paralyzed, I can even move my--- hey, where the fuck are my shoes?"

Yup, there's surprise number two.

It's been about four hours since then, and Koa's genuinely surprised that frostbite hasn't claimed his toes. Or maybe it has- honestly, he's too numb to tell. Pip has done a valiant job of keeping Koa moving, but the concussed Dragoon is fading swiftly, the last of his strength long since spent. Now he's sustained by hope and force of will, both of which have finite supply.

Doesn't help that instead of town, they seem to have found themselves in an endless maze

"I just need like a sec, Pip," he says wearily to the dragonling, leaning against a particularly sturdy looking hedge. The dragonling croons anxiously, nipping his shirt in an attempt to keep him moving, but Koa won't be budged. Slowly he sinks down into the dirt, in a patch of snowless ground Pip's been kind enough to melt clear. He just needs a second to collect his strength. It's gonna be fine. This is fine.
Koa Carpenter
Wrap the blanket over you and keep your head within
Let your breath heat the air until you'd feel it getting thin

Messages In This Thread
Remember the pact of our youth - by Koa - 05-22-2024, 01:33 AM
RE: Remember the pact of our youth - by Sunjata - 05-22-2024, 01:44 AM
RE: Remember the pact of our youth - by Koa - 05-27-2024, 08:44 PM
RE: Remember the pact of our youth - by Sunjata - 05-30-2024, 01:05 AM
RE: Remember the pact of our youth - by Koa - 05-31-2024, 05:20 PM
RE: Remember the pact of our youth - by Sunjata - 06-01-2024, 01:31 AM
RE: Remember the pact of our youth - by Koa - 06-04-2024, 12:16 AM