Just for now
For Rory
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 65 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 104 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2609

But Remi wasn't beyond him. Wasn't beyond any of it.

He was sitting on the same soil that Rory was, covered in the same no-colour dirt and dust, breathing the same recycled air. The only difference was that he gazed into blue eyes instead of green, and held a sketch book instead of braided reins.

"Mmhmm." The sound was one of agreement, but the expression on his face—should Rory care to look up—was one of quiet disapproval. Never before had politics felt so tactile in his life. There had always been a king and queen serving as distant figure heads, dukes and barons like Loren and Ronin who were priveledged and to whom the majority of Remi's assorted goods were purchased by. But really, the commoner had never encounter politics in any meaningful way. He was oppressed by it to be sure, but he'd never really been a part of it. Never felt like he had a voice.

He wasn't even sure he had one now, although that might have had more to do with how close Rory was sitting.  

As Rory spoke Remi's head tilted gently so as better to focus and hear, his thoughts of sketching and researching the barrier completely gone now. All he could hear was the sound of Rory's voice the rather oppressive picture he was painting. The alchemist couldn't help but smile shyly as he and Elyna became part of Rory's monologue, nodding in gentle understanding as the man's voice trailed off.  

Just as Remi was about to shrug in potential agreement with the description of the bubble being like a cage, he was halted instantly by the man's use of the word broken. Startled slightly Remi's brows knit together and his expression both softened and furrowed. As Rory had experienced earlier, Remi felt the urge to reach out for the leatherworker's hand—surely as calloused as his own—to reassure him. Instead the alchemist's gaze dropped sadly as he shook his curly head. "In Northaven there was a wall..." Remi said slowly, his voice both reverent and displeased. "We were never allowed past the wall. Even as a bird I was not allowed over. Until one day the restriction was lifted. Suddenly we were free to go out, with many restrictions of course." Pausing, Remi studied his hands and fingers for a moment as he took a breath. "It wasn't long after that that we found ourselves here."

From one cage to another. It certainly did feel that way.

"It was rules and men keeping us contained before. Men who wouldn't be reasoned with. I think perhaps we feel as though we stand a better chance against something without a mind." Ruffling a hand through his curls he cast a tentative glance towards Rory, looking almost apologetic. Perhaps those like Ronin and Koel and Loren who were either not common-born or held a high-ranking position would disagree. Loren was friends with the prince and Koel was the Overseer and Ronin the captain of training. And still they all remained caged.

Letting his hands relax against his legs, Remi's expression crumpled slightly as he shrugged his shoulders. He had no purpose here, not really. He'd lost the man he loved (though he was seriously doubting whether or not he had ever had him, given how events had played out), and perhaps worse he'd lost the love for the that man. He'd almost killed a man he didn't know since arriving here and had almost been lured to death by a god.

"I have been cursed by the gods and was nearly attacked by the spire monster. But I have also set up a shop, so..." Remi said wryly as a smile spread mischievously across his features. Despite all that had happened, it was in his nature to be optimistic. live had always been hard and unforgiving for Remi. He expected nothing less for living it in this place.

Gazing at Rory, Remi shrugged helplessly. "I suppose I was just wondering if I should cease trying or not."

REMI
So come on, get higher, loosen my lips, faith and desire and the swing of your hips
Just pull me down hard and drown me in love
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.

Messages In This Thread
Just for now - by Remi - 12-25-2018, 08:28 PM
RE: Just for now - by Rory - 12-26-2018, 11:02 AM
RE: Just for now - by Remi - 12-26-2018, 04:56 PM
RE: Just for now - by Rory - 12-31-2018, 10:28 PM
RE: Just for now - by Remi - 01-01-2019, 06:10 PM
RE: Just for now - by Rory - 01-04-2019, 10:34 PM
RE: Just for now - by Remi - 01-05-2019, 02:49 AM
RE: Just for now - by Rory - 01-05-2019, 05:03 PM
RE: Just for now - by Remi - 01-05-2019, 09:53 PM
RE: Just for now - by Rory - 01-06-2019, 03:16 PM
RE: Just for now - by Remi - 01-07-2019, 12:16 AM