[SE] Over the river and through the woods
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895

It felt like the world had merely blinked and chaos was upon them again. Yet, things were different this time. He was no longer a child. He was more. Mother had given him power and although he was still only just scraping the surface of it, the young Ancient felt confident that he would only grow from here.

The biggest change however was the excitement. Part of him was terrified of what this arrival might mean for his family's safety. But a primal part of him, the Ancient part of him, was eager. Chaos and destruction loomed and deep inside a piece of him practically purred. Satisfaction was imminent.

Freezing mid step, Edmund processed his previous thoughts. Running an anxious tongue over his fangs, he mentally backtracked. The Ancient instincts never ceased to surprise him with their intensity. Taking a shuddering breath, Edmund let them roll through hm, accepting them and then letting them go. He'd process them later. For now, he had to get to the Grounds.

Adjusting his grip on his pack, he continued on. With Torchline's port damaged as it was, a physical trek and shifted flight combo was his best bet. Splat was happy to float around him, regardless.

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 28 - Int:
PIPSQUEAK - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
It's a long road to Torchline, given all that's gone wrong. Between the loss of the Skyport and the flooding in the Oerwoud, Koa'd only been able to get so far by skyboat before having to move on foot. And in that time he'd seen many refugees leaving the ruined region, had given supplies and encouragement and direction to find their way to Stormbreak.

But here's one refugee, at least, Koa does not intend to invite home.

Maybe it's everything having gone to shit. Maybe it's the lack of sleep. Whatever reason, Koa's nerves are fried and fraying, his soldier's composure ready to snap. Add a suspected murderer to this fragile state, and well... can the young Dragoon really be blamed for what happens next?

"Edmund." Hard words in a flat voice as he nears the approaching younger man. They'd only met once, and yet Koa feels he knows him, has had the Ancient in his thoughts for many a season now. And while many good arguments could be made that Koa has no good reason to dislike the Ancient, suspicion and calamity do not a good pair make.

Pulling himself to his full height, the Dragoon raises a brow. "Things in Torchline must not be as bad as I heard. Otherwise I would have expected to see you going toward it with the aid lines - being son of a former leader and all."

koa
Good things never last. Bad things never die
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Koa might feel like he knows Edmund, but it's not mutual. Edmund's eyes narrowed at the stranger's tone as he tried to place him. He blinked after a pause, "...Koa, right?" The Ancient was confused over the man's clear hostility. Was he missing something? They'd fought side by side, hadn't they? What was going on here?

The Dragoon's next words sound awfully like an accusation. "I was already outside of Torchline when it happened. My brother, Jude has informed me of how bad it is and the extent of the damage. I assume Stormbreak is doing well, given that it had the aerial advantage?" There was enough distance between the two regions that it was hard to picture the destruction being anywhere near as bad.

"Regardless, I have to get the Grounds and help my Ancient siblings." The Ancient's tail flicked as his eyes narrowed, "Is it so shocking that I'd obey my Mother Goddess' command? Or do you have something against Dygra?" If this man was insinuating that he should disobey the goddess, Sohalia would be receiving a letter about her Dragoon's actions. As a leader, she would need to be informed about prejudice in the ranks of such a prominent guild.

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
"Stormbreak is well, gods be praised. Which is why we're lending aid to Torchline." Koa's tone is flat and pointed, his jaw tight and his mouth a firm line. The bags beneath his eyes and the pallor in his skin give credence to the aid he's already provided, the hours he's put in since the disaster hit. It's also a bit of an explanation for the irrationality of his anger at Edmund - anger which is anything but allayed as the young Ancient goes on.

It's a wild swing, one that leaves Koa frowning his confusion. "Who said anything about your goddess?" Dygra hadn't come into the equation, the Dragoon being rather ignorant of all things to do with the Ancient goddess. "I don't know a lot about gods - just people. Safety has always been my biggest concern, and it sounds like the people of Torchline need more aid than the Grounds." But what do I know? his shrug seems to say, though without any of the lightness his actions usually convey.

"Speaking of safety, you better be careful. There's been rumors of attacks on the road." Shoving his hands into his pockets, Koa flashes Edmund a brittle smile. "You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you? Being an adventurer and all?"

koa
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:

Edmund paused and some of the anger bled from him, "Is it truly so bad there?" Concern twisted his face, "Jude would have told me to come back in his letter if things were dire." The Ancient let out a heavy sigh as it suddenly dawned on him, "Unless he didn't want me to worry. Idiot." Well, it seemed like he'd be turning back towards the coast after this conversation.

Koa's rising aggression towards Dygra pulled him out of his anxiety. The other man's tone and hidden meanings made the Ancient's hackles rise and Edmund bared his fangs, "I meant that my relocation to the Grounds is on Mother's command." Indirectly, but Koa didn't need to know that. Not when the Dragoon is already so clearly biased against people following the guidance of their gods. "Though clearly, that will have to be postponed. I pray Mother will understand." She would, of that, he had no doubt.

The conversation shifted once more and Edmund's tail flicked at Koa's expression, "Do you mean highwaymen? I haven't encountered any but I can put in a report to my guild, and they can spread the word if you wish." Was he imagining it or was Koa accusing him of being one? it was implied from his tone but, surely not? This conversation was giving him whiplash.

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Change author:
"I mean- did you not see the giant rock fall out of the sky? Because we in Stormbreak had quite the view." Koa doesn't try to keep the incredulity from his voice, one brow arching at Edmund's protests. "Early reports say it's catastrophic." There's no sarcasm or anger now, merely the bleak simplicity of this terrible fact.

It takes all the self control Koa has not to laugh as Edmund denies what he knows to be true, the Dragoon's handsome face tilting with a mild curiosity that's belied by the copper blazing in his eyes. "No? That's fortunate. I've heard tell of some particularly unsavory characters. Violent. Murderous, even." He shakes his head as if to say, Can you believe the state of the world? "The last thing we need is more senseless violence. Wouldn't you agree?"

Abruptly he relaxes in his posture, flashing another mirthless grin. "But maybe it's all just rumors. After all, you haven't encountered anything like that." Liar. "Do spread the word- that the Dragoons will be looking into any reported attacks on the roads, and invite anyone interested in honesty and safety to report and assist." Nodding to Edmund, he moves to brush past the Ancient, his hands balled deep within his pockets as he resists the primal urge to punch the other boy. If the world wasn't falling apart and Koa didn't care about Jude, maybe the outcome of this meeting would be different. But for now, all the young man wants is to get as far away as possible, before he does something he might regret.

koa
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:

"I wasn't sure where it had landed," Edmund argued. If it had landed in the center of the ocean, for example. He'd already been some distance away at the time and so focused on following Mother's goal that he'd pushed down his worries.

Koa's tone and blatant suggestions had the Ancient balking, "What are you talking about? Is this about when Jude and I were attacked?" Edmund shook his head, "Wait. Are you the Dragoon that Jude said he could trust and that he was planning to tell so that nothing like that ever happened again?"

The Ancient's grip tightened on his bag, "Did you hear that and decide it'd be more fun to blame the victims?" His voice cracked, much to his embarrassment, "Do you have any idea how terrifying that was? How scared I was? Do you think that I wanted to hurt them? Enjoyed it? I didn't want to die! I didn't want my baby brother to die! I still have nightmares about it!" Every word was raw truth, and the Ancient's face burned, and he hurriedly wiped away a tear, not wanting the horrible person in front of him to see it.

"Now, if you excuse me, I have to go home." Storming past Koa, he shot over his shoulder, "Oh, I imagine you blame Torchline for the destruction, too, right? They must have planned it, right? Victims are always to blame for what's done to them." As the Ancient left, having to wipe another tear, he didn't notice the scale fall out of his bag. He didn't' get the chance to turn and see either as a loud crashing sound was heard in the direction of Torchline.

"Shit!" Breaking into a sprint, all Edmund could focus on was getting back to the city to help.

~
Edmund has dropped:

Type: Light | Style: Defensive | Level: Basic
MothMan Scales | Incredibly lightweight but strong scales that can be crafted by a god into armour or a shield.

Edmund

Reborn In Fire