Site Wide Event Festival of Lights - 317 PC

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Festival of Lights
Things are changing. The world is changing. From the creatures that scuttle and spew violet mutations through Caido's landscape to the paper-thin veil between life and death, Leafchange has never seemed more turbulent. And yet, for all the chaos of the season, some things never change. The Festival of Lights goes on, and all are welcome.

Lanterns have been set adrift in tiny boats along the Wishtide Waterways, acting as a welcome to all those who might attend. Overhead, decorations wind through the branches of the trees, sparkling and glittering, and though the setting for this gathering is modest in comparison to other years, it is no less sincere for the effort.

This is a time to remember, to pay tribute, to breathe in a moment of stillness and offer time and attention to those who have passed.

Welcome to the Festival of Lights - 317 PC!

You have SEVEN DAYS to have your character arrive at the festival.

If your character brings a lantern to remember a loved one who has passed on, please note who it is for at the bottom of your post! At the end of the festival, Ludo will choose a lantern as its favourite, and spooky things may happen!

You will need to post at least twice in this SWE thread for it to count for SE, MP and/or levelling.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
I've done nothing wrong
Except for all the atrocities
Ghosts were nothing new in her life; she had plenty to pick from. Instead, Melita had quietly hovered around this season much in the stead of wraiths and specters, meandering where she could and lost along the parallels. The unknown slipped and grasped, toyed and vexed, until all the restless bounties curled into her fingers, adjusting on the handles of the lanterns she carried. They always seemed to be in abundance, and though she hadn’t had to make any new ones in quite some time, the weight of them remained the same.

Fangorn and Sila hovered along her ankles as they drifted amongst the waterways. The cool stream was a balm to her fiery heart, and she began lining hers along the modest rivulet too, crouching so her mother’s, sister’s, Rexanna’s, Bastien’s, Haai’s (she wouldn’t forget her uncle’s companion) and a multitude of others could collect and reflect.

--

Melita places lanterns for her mother, sister, Rexanna, Bastien, and Haai.
the honeybee
Besides that
I'm innocent
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
They flew – over oceans and mountains, past luscious greenery and void-tainted lulls. A safer alternative and option for now, once they’d heard the location of the festival. His bag was already laden with their lanterns, clutched deftly in thunderbird talons, and the swells of the wind gave them a lush rise and fall with the currents of air, drifting amongst clouds or above the waves. Enough time to think and process, to linger in the threads of those who’d passed, and perhaps be seen again.

Eventually, the Sword could land at the waterways, and together he and Evie could meander their way along streams and humidity, hitching his bag further up his shoulder as they traversed. Offering his elbow and any other supportive means on the travel, his gaze gave quick scrutiny, and thereafter he whispered low in her ear. “You all right?”

Then too, they could put their efforts into shifting lanterns amongst the lights. The familiar portions of his parents, Rexanna, Bastien, Adam, Peter, and warriors fallen from times of war; long since dusted and polished from where they lingered amidst the house, settled upon the grove.

--

Deimos has placed lanterns for his parents, Rexanna, Bastien, Adam, Peter, and NPC Halo soldiers who died in the war.
i'm in the mood to dissolve in the sky
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
Evie
In your arms I understand all at once

That my life has been building me up to us
Evie knows there's not much longer until she quite literally pops, but nothing will keep her from the Festival of Lights. Certainly not this year. Deimos flies the two of them not only for an easier flight for Evie but because the waterways are in a less than ideal skyboat path. She preserves her strength as much as she can, holding tight to her lanterns in their cloth bag.

She has to hold onto Deimos' elbow most of the way, but every step is determined. The odds may not be in her favor to reunite with Sam tonight, but with the birth of her first child so close at hand, she needs to complete this journey to feel like he's at her side at this monumental change in the trajectory of her life. With the weight of memories so heavy on her shoulders and the minimal energy she is already operating on, Deimos' quiet concern is not unwarranted.

Turning, Evie smiles up at him in a way that is both stubborn and reassuring. "I'm okay. Tired, but I'll make it." She's sure of it. And though she can only hang the lanterns on lower branches given her belly, they go up one by one until only the familial ones remain; her parents' combined lantern, and Samuel's. Then she reaches behind herself to find her husband's hand, and simply stares at Sam's lantern unblinkingly, letting it temporarily fill the hole he'd left behind and finding some small comfort in the way it lights up from within.

- - -

Evie places a lantern for Sam (and her parents).
In your hands I am mine, you take me to myself
The tenses I knew now they bring me to you

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
If you ended up a little too close to the water, you’ll see some encantados in the distance – who, of course, are curious little things, and simply can’t help themselves! And so they dash over, eager to make your acquaintance –

And splash you, full force.

They’re not sorry.

You’ve encountered an Encantado. This counts as an uncommon creature encounter for the purposes of levelling, but does not count as a Random Event for levelling or MP. There will be no further admin/re intervention. If you choose to follow this creature, you do so at your own risk, however, just having it in this thread is enough to satisfy your levelling requirements.

Encantados (uncommon): A bright pink species of dolphin that are as mischevious as they are helpful. With water magic and the ability to both create and soothe storms, these blush-coloured creatures can help or hinder on a whim.

Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2935
Sah
What is knowledge without wisdom?
The Festival of Lights was always a solemn occasion, but it was one that Sah would never willingly miss. He had thought that he was late, but it seemed that people were still arriving if the size of the crowd was any indication. Taking his time to choose the placement, he hung his lanterns in the trees, stepping back to admire their light for a moment. Closing his eyes and saying a quick prayer, Sah managed to pry himself away to see who was there.

It's just as he was walking over to Evie and Deimos that he heard a splash. The Wild Thunder turned just in time to get a face full of water from an eager encantado. Letting out a laugh, he reached up and wiped the water from his face, giving a shake to get the worst of it off before using his water magic and playfully sending his own wave at the creature.

~
Sah brings a lantern for his home world family and one for Aino. He also falls victim to the encantado.
What is desire without instinct?
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
Noah
if there's a reason I'm still alive
when so many have died
The Festival of Lights was always a time of year for Noah to feel tumultuous feelings. He had always attended the festival to honor those that were lost, but there was a scar on his mind in regards to the Festival from when the Voice used the thin veil in the world to return those lost as ascended.

This year, though, Noah was bringing his children, and that was enough to keep his mind from such a time.

With their lanterns in tow, Noah moved through the wilds with his twins on his heels. With a mind to keep them safe, when Noah saw his Halovians friends he immediately went to them. Laying their lanterns — for his parents, his friends, — Noah and the twins then stayed close to Deimos, Evie, and kept Sah in sight. Each was greeted with a smile and a nod, and Noah knelt to explain to his children the respect they each showed each other at the Festival of Lights.

Noah leaves a lantern for his parents and his fallen friends, most notably Weaver, Korbin, and Erebor.

then I'm willing to
wait for it
Marcus Olson

Age: 10 | Height: Small | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 8 - Endr: 9 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
Marcus
Marcus had never been to this part of Caido. Still too young to go to far from the safety of the Citadel without his parents, the youngling was wide-eyed and full of wonder as he traveled with his dad and his twin sister. He heeded his father’s warning to stick close to him, but he still took every opportunity to take in the sights and sounds around him.

He was holding one of the lanterns Noah had brought, Margot the other. The twins had not made their own lanterns this year. Both Noah and Cordelia explained that they would have their own respects and honor to give, but right now it was acceptable for them to share in their parents’ grief. Cordelia went on to explain that it was a blessing to be able to share in someone else’s grief, especially when you didn’t have your own to carry as well.

Marcus still didn’t understand that, truly. That was probably because he hadn’t experienced true loss at his age.

Coming in close he waved happily to Evie and Deimos when they approached, before helping his father place the lanterns, and listening well to his instructions on respect.

Marcus helps Noah place lanterns for his grandparents, and Noah’s friends the Hales.
I want you by my side
So that I never feel alone again
Kaiden Strajah
Thief

Age: 21 | Height: 6'4" (5'10" if full human) | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Change author:
kaiden

There is no shame in survival
Only strength

Disgruntled and annoyed, Kaiden trailed after Hadama to the festival. The King had spoken of culture, but the only the shark had agreed to grace the others with their presence was the promise of food. The mershark turned to ask the King if they had to wait to eat but froze. Eyes widening, Kaiden trailed their eyes over Dama with rising bafflement and mild concern.

You grew legs. That can't be healthy. It wasn't a full moon, so what had happened? Was Hadama cursed? Are you sick or something? Suddenly, growing legs were beyond strange, and Kaiden backed away from the bank. Is it contagious?

~
Kaiden arrives without a lantern.
coding by kaons
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Change author:
Edmund came alone this year, bundled in a warm jacket and his lantern safely grasped in his hands. When he arrived, he scouted for the best place to hang the lantern for Ray. Her loss had been a shock, and he missed her dearly every single time he saw a familiar plant on his adventurers or smelled baked goods. Spotting a patch of flowers just below a low branch, he walked over and gently hung the lantern. Perfect.

Once he was done, the Ancient finally turned to see who was present at the festival this year. When he saw Noah, his eyes widened, and he quickly walked past on his way to the food table to occupy himself. That was a conversation that he did not wish to have any time soon.

~
Edmund arrives with a lantern for Ray!

Edmund
Come dance in the shadows

Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
KIADA
burn it into my collar, hollowed onto your wrist
Her arm is wrapped around Fox’s as she stays practically glued to him the whole way there, partially to help with the seasickness that should hopefully be going away the further they get away from the boats of Torchline, soaking in the more tropical warmth but still bundled up enough to stay comfortable, she leans against him as she carries the lanterns for them both.

She arrives with four for herself – a lantern for her mother, dressed in golds and ivory. One for Ru’in, a metal contraption that she’d crafted that she hopes he’s proud of wherever he is. One for Kianzo, because she has zero idea where her twin is and even if he’d never made it to this land, she still thinks about him ever so often. And lastly, one for Khairi – who she’d lost the second she’d arrived within the confines of Caido, who had become her first shift the second she’d arrived, like it was some cruel joke.

Regardless, they get there and she places her lanterns down, remains just as glued to Fox’s side as she offers a wave to Deimos and Evie, and leans up to whisper in her lover’s ear. “Do you want to come say hi with me?” She’s already told him in passing on the way here about Deimos and Evie expecting a baby at any time now, and there’s a glimmer of excitement that lingers in her gaze at the prospect of seeing Deimos and Fox meet in front of her, wondering if he’d take that fatherly protection role or be more like the Deimos she knows – jovial and juvenile in his jokes.

Kiada arrives with a lantern for Rexanna, Ru'in, Kianzo, and Khairi.
heaven knows i don't follow, but i believe in this
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3

Age: 38 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Change author:
so give me your prayers up on your feet
and i'll give you a show, it helps fill the seats
Now, he’s quite intrigued about the sudden movement of everyone toward the Oerwoud – a space he hasn’t been to since his return to life. A time when it had been merged with other places way back when. So it’s a nice little jaunt, the trip to Torchline and then meandering toward the gathering crowd, full of lanterns being placed, and he realizes he’s quite empty handed.

But that’s fine – there’s nobody he wishes to remember on this night. No, Astaroth is simply here for the experience, like a fly on the wall – tall and dressed in a deep burgundy suit to keep him warm, the cane leaned on ever so lightly, dark eyes and horns scanning the crowd for anyone he might recognize enough to talk with.

If not, it’s no big deal. He’ll simply just remain unless someone wishes to interact with him.

Asta arrives with no lantern.
Astaroth
so give me your sins, give me your lies
but whisper your love, and i'll whisper mine
Hawthorn Mercer
Courtesan

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 1 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Change author:
// the only heaven i'll be sent to —
The courtesan has always arrived at the Festival of Lights. Even making trips just to attend. It isn’t like he has a lot of lanterns to carry – if anything, he only arrives with two. One for his grandmother, his favorite person who had passed long before Thorn had gotten the gall to leave Halo, and another for a childhood friend. He’s been lucky to not have to worry about any current or recent friends dying, so he feels relatively empty handed and thankful for it as he sees people arrive with so many.

Thorn hangs his lanterns and steps back, admiring the two of them and offering a quiet little hum of a prayer for the both of them before turning to look around to see if there’s any other familiar faces. He spots Deimos and Sah, but the rest are relatively unfamiliar to him, and so the Abandoned remains where he is, admiring the creativity with everyone else’s lanterns.

Thorn brings a lantern for his grandma and for his childhood friend!
thorn
— is when i'm alone with you //
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 35 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
He had indeed arrived with Kaiden, though he slipped out of the water momentarily in order to hang his lanterns from truly sturdy branches, given that they were glass fishing buoys filled with Arclight water that sparked and glowed as the wind moved them. One was a mixture of swirling reds and yellows painted on the glass, musical notes and tongues of flame dancing brightly across its surface in honor of his grandfather and younger brother. The second was green, with depictions of healing herbs and leaves enamaled on it. The third lantern was painted in shades of blue, grading from nearly white at the top to nearly black at the bottom and painstakingly flecked with dots of silver: one for each Torcher lost in Starfall.

It is not contagious, he reassured the mershark, amusement glinting in emerald eyes. And I am well, thank you. Can I get you something from the food table? Because what better way to soothe Kaiden's fears than be showing just how useful legs could be?

Seeing others gathered, he nodded warmly to Melita, Evie, Noah, and Edmund as he collected a plate to fill for the ever-hungry Kaiden, as calmly as if legs were the most normal thing in the world.

Hadama brings three lanterns:
One for his grandfather Masataka and his younger brother Eiji
One for Ray Lunarium
One for the Torchers lost during Starfall