Personal Quest blood on your hands, they say
Dusklight Security HQ <3
Dusklight Security

Age: 39 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4642
// i am the righteous hand of god //
It’s a day that he’s been somewhat dreading, to be honest. Not that he hasn’t been excited to finally get his office space up – but things have been… different. Danta, obviously, would be joining and helping out given it’s in the backrooms and Asta selfishly wants a space directly across from the Maverick’s office if nothing else but to be a little bastard to him. But he had also invited Maea to help with this endeavor long before she and Danta had their falling out.

So he imagines it’s going to be a long fucking day, items brought to the back rooms for creating and building, ensuring that Danta might have a destructive option that the butcher could utilize. He’s dressed down quite a bit – manual labor and all of that – in a nice shirt with sleeves rolled up and unbuttoned at the top, enough that both the stitches on his arm are visible as well as the end of the one underneath his collarbone. A fire roars nearby that’s already been tended to, and Astaroth waits with his tail flicking idly, peering at the empty space that he thinks certainly could do with some adjustments.

Notably, those gods awful shelves that have harbored nothing but dust and the occasional wine spider.

PQ to make the security HQ for Asta!! Pls post your arrival <3

1. Maea
2. Dantalion
3. Asta!
Astaroth
// i am the devil that you forgot //
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1847
Down and out, and out of luck, we're spinning but the needle's stuck
It was not without a certain amount of trepidation that Maea entered the Dusklight. The last time she came here had ended badly, and though she tried to put those things behind her, a certain amount of tension still stiffened her shoulders as she made her way to the back rooms. It was by invitation, to fulfill a promise she was loathe to break, and she hoped that was reason enough to avoid making anything worse.

"Hi Asta," she greeted the tall man quietly, after tapping a knuckle lightly against the door frame. "Good to see you again." Slipping out of her voat, she set it aside where it wouldn't get in the way, and began rolling up the sleeves of the plain shirt. Foregoing her usual dress for something more practical, she was ready to get started right away.
Maea
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
the Maverick
Theocrat of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 20 - Int:
MOIRA - Regular - Crow
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 1881
idealism sits in prison
chivalry fell on his sword
Danta appears with a petulant groan, having been called from his ever so important duties out in the Dusklight back here to be helpful, or some shit. All but rolling around the doorframe and into what will soon be Astaroth's office, he pauses only to glance through the open doorway - and right at the closed door of his own office.

"Fuck you," he tells the other man affectionately, offering him a tight smile for his trouble - and a rather frosty, but otherwise polite enough nod to Maea, assuming that she's also been roped in to help one way or another.

"Go on, then. Where do we start?" With hammers, he hopes. That would probably make him feel better. Oh, or with wine. That works too.

Danta arrives!
Dantalion
I slithered here from Eden
just to sit outside your door
Horns: Diamond - they look very similar to #2 in this image.
Dusklight Security

Age: 39 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Looking back over his shoulder as he hears the movement of people arriving, it’s with that same characteristically sharp grin that Asta inclines his head toward Maea initially. “Hello Maea, it is a pleasure to see you as well.” He offers as she starts to get comfortable within the confines of the backrooms, allowing the butcher to return toward the supplies he’d brought. It’s precisely the time that Danta arrives, and the affectionate fuck you is met with a low hum of a laugh.

But he knows it’s tense, and he’s surprised somewhat over the politeness the Maverick offers so far, so rather than prolong anything, the butcher gestures to the supplies, then in toward the room. “Danta, darling, I think removing these shelves would be a perfect start for you.” A little bit of demo for him might do him well, after all. And with it, he snags a crowbar and a hammer to hand to the blonde with a wink before his attention shifts toward Maea.

And Maea, perhaps you may be inclined to help me put together a desk?” He asks, gesturing to a piece of furniture that’s already mostly put together as a desk but certainly needs more storage and to be made larger to accommodate his stature.

Round one! Danta to demo the shelving and Maea and Asta to add on to the currently sad looking desk that he’s brought!
Astaroth
the Maverick

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
MOIRA - Regular - Crow
Change author:
idealism sits in prison
Hammers and crowbars? Now this is more Danta's speed. Smiling indulgently to Asta as he's handed the tools, the Maverick eyes the shelving he's ambivalent about and nods. "That sounds good," he confirms, stepping past both Ancients so he can make some space for himself in front of his new demolition project.

Unfortunately, if Maea and Asta were expecting some quiet time to build a desk, Danta is about to ruin it all for them. With a loud crack to herald the beginning of his efforts, the Maverick uses the crowbar to get rid of the bulk of the shelving, resorting to the hammer only when he finds a particularly stubborn piece of wood, or need to yank out nails from the wall.

"Where'd you want this?" he asks of the debris now scattered around his feet.

Danta becomes The Demolition Man
Dantalion
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Being acknowledged at all by Danta should probably be a silver lining, as it was far more than she had expected. But the frosty silence was still painful enough that Maea bowed her head in a half-hearted return, and kept it that way until Asta addressed her.

"Yes, right away."

Since Asta already seemed to know how he wanted the desk to be improved, Maea simply followed his instructions. Cutting lengths of beveled planks to size to extend it, she added to the ruckous of the Maverick's demolition by hammering sections of wood together with glue and nails. A carpenter could have made it look prettier, she knew, but at least it should turn out sturdy and functional.

Maea extends the desk to make it bigger ~
Maea
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Dusklight Security

Change author:
If there’s something the butcher prides himself on, it’s knowing Danta, and knowing exactly what might work best in this situation. As they break off into their little groups, conversation is minimal between Maea and Asta (thanks to Danta getting some of his aggression out), but Asta can be quite visual in helping between extending his own portion. Pointing out where for Maea to make her additions, everything goes quite smoothly with the shell of the desk being larger (and helpful to accommodate his taller stature).

Danta, meanwhile, succeeds immensely in removing the shelving and kicking up quite a bit of dust in the process amongst the debris. Now left with a bare wall and piles of broken wood, the question is met with an impressed gleam in the butcher’s dark gaze. He has a bucket that can make the transport easier to the cart outside still in the hallway he gestures to as he brings the bucket over and a broom and shovel. “The cart in the hallway should do wonders, darling.” He hums, flashing a bright grin.

Returning to Maea now that Danta’s task is laid out, the butcher takes a few pieces of good wood and some metal parts to have her help him craft a filing cabinet of sorts to go into the right hand side of the desk. “The rail needs to be placed in toward the top, far enough to place little files yet also close enough we can wind it around to lock.” He muses aloud, putting a little mock-up / precursor to the idea he has before flashing a grin to Maea for her to help him set it up.

Round two!!

Danta can clean up the mess! Maea and Asta are gonna build filing drawers :3
Astaroth
the Maverick

MOIRA - Regular - Crow
Change author:
idealism sits in prison
Danta? Clean? A mess?

Looking as though the butcher has just walked over and taken a piss on his shoe, Danta wrinkles his nose and waits expectantly to be given his real task. Which, of course, doesn't come, and so he's stuck actually doing cleanup.

Huffing at the indignity, the Maverick nonetheless ferries the larger pieces of debris out and to the waiting cart (he throws them in to make a racket for good measure), returning a couple of times to continue the work before all that's left is too small to pick up. That is treated to some of his fire, Danta burning it all down to ash before sweeping it into a dustpan and removing it.

"Ta daaa," he announces, gesturing at the clean area he's created. Shelfless and everything.

Danta reluctantly cleans.
Dantalion
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Change author:
Any other time she would have been hard pressed not to laugh at the offended look on Danta's face at being told to tidy up. Alas, this time Maea wondered if she ought to offer to switch tasks instead - only to decide against it, preferring to say as little as possible. Strange, how the tall blond could be so much more intimidating than even Dahlia had been. While one had caused her spine to straighten, the other had it slumping under the weight of their disagreement.

Grateful for the fiddly task of assembling the filing cabinet, she treated it as a puzzle. Seated cross-legged on the floor the petite girl patiently fitted one piece at a time into place, with the long hair falling before her face like a screen to keep the world out. She only looked up once in a while to check her progress against Asta's mockup.

Maes assembles the filing drawers
Maea
Dusklight Security

Change author:
Yes Danta, perhaps there’d be less of a mess if you hadn’t utilized the crow bar so beautifully. Alas…

The look that’s bloomed on the Maverick’s face is met with a small playful smirk of Asta’s own sharp grin, shrugging lightly as he turns to work with Maea over creating the filing cabinets. And as such, in between the loud clangs of Danta’s little tantrum, the two manage to get their cabinets built and placed while the floor becomes clean easily.

Straightening up at Danta’s ta daa, the sharp grin is aimed toward the blonde with an incline of his head. “Perfectly done, my dear.” Comes the soft little hum, before he looks to Maea next. “Maea, would you be a dear and work on cleaning up the fireplace?” Gesturing to the dusty, not used in what seemed like 8 million years, old fireplace that will sit behind the desk where he now looks to the Maverick for placement, drifting closer to nudge with his arm lightly and incline his head. “Help me move this?” He asks, already reaching for an edge of the desk, careful to be mindful of his stitches.

Round three!!

Maea to clean the fireplace and Asta and Danta to move the desk into position!
Astaroth
the Maverick

MOIRA - Regular - Crow
Change author:
idealism sits in prison
Softening at the compliment like a cat on a wall that someone has stopped to pet, Danta's fanged smile is one of indulgence and pride. "I thought so too," he croons to Asta - only for the butcher to cozy up and ask him to shift a heavy looking fucking desk.

Sighing heavily as if he's only just realised that this is the calibre of work he's signed up for, the Maverick cracks his knuckles and nods. (And he doesn't nudge Astaroth back, for which the other man should be grateful right now). "Alright, how hard could it be?" he says, pushing up his sleeves.

"Just say when," Danta adds, grasping the other edge of the desk and counting them to three before he starts to shove it into its assigned space.

Danta heave ho's!
Dantalion
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Change author:
With the drawers in place, Maea accepted the new task with a quiet nod. Disappearing out for a moment she returned with two buckets, a brush and a dust pan. Starting by clearing out old ashes and cobweb, she went to work with soapy water and brush to erase months of old grime.

It was dirty work. Her habit of swiping loose hair from her face left her with streaks of soot and dirt smeared across forehead and cheeks, but the didn't seem to notice or care. By the time she was done, the soapy water had turned black as the Lake and her knees ached from kneeling on the floor for so long. The fireplace looked good though.

"I'm done. What's next?" she wondered, after clearing away the utensils.

CinderMaea cleans the fireplace.
Maea
Dusklight Security

Change author:
The stitches, you know.” He trills a little, as if Danta didn’t know about them in how he would be gingerly moving the desk, unfortunately putting most of the weight onto the Maverick’s plate as they maneuver it. On the countdown, the two Ancient’s move the desk perfectly into place, settled right in front of the fireplace so that the back of it would comfortably warm, and also where he can face Danta’s sliver of his own office.

Content, though, he wipes his hands off briefly, smirking over toward Danta. “Brilliant work, darling.” He compliments, before turning to Maea with a wider grin, shoulder to shoulder with Danta. “It looks like new!” He chimes to her in turn, flashing a bright grin as he starts to step away from the desk to the rest of the office space. “Now, I believe a bit of paint and bringing in the chairs would do well to wrap it up.” Gesturing back out toward the hallway before he pulls inside a bucket of dark red paint and a couple of brushes, he waits for people to pick their choices to fill in after.

Round four!!

Slap on some paint and bring in the chairs and I think we’re done!! :D
Astaroth
the Maverick

MOIRA - Regular - Crow
Change author:
idealism sits in prison
"Yeah, yeah," Danta drawls, rolling his eyes even as he's forced into doing the bulk of the heavy lifting for this larger-than-life desk. Regardless, they do get it where it belongs in the end - and loathe as he is to admit it, the fireplace does look good as well - the Maverick left dusting off his hands beside the butcher "Paint...?" he echoes, not having expected that - but then Asta is off again.

"Yeah, I'll take chairs," he decides. And whilst he does that, maybe he even offers a little extra by ferrying in some fireword from his own office, and starting a merry little blaze in the fireplace to warm the room through and give it some life.

You're welcome.

Danta chooses chairs, and as a little extra, he lends Asta some firewood from his office and starts a lil fire for them.
Dantalion