Court of the Fallen
[SWE] pulling the chariot - Printable Version

+- Court of the Fallen (https://cotf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Important (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Archives (https://cotf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: [SWE] pulling the chariot (/showthread.php?tid=2434)

pulling the chariot - Court Official - 01-01-2020

capturing the
sun

With the rains of Flowerbirth gone, LongHeat is a time of light. A Fae legend has it that if the sun is captured, the days can stay long forever, and with the horrors of LongNight still fresh in mind and the hardships of Flowerbirth only days past, keeping the sun around seems a worthy if not lofty task.

LongHeat is a time of celebration and mirth for the Fae, and they have cultivated tales and legends that usher in the changing of seasons with excitement and anticipation. This excitement is spreading with the opening of the barrier and the discovery of Halo - perhaps this tradition is growing beyond the Greatwood!

Welcome to the LongHeat seasonal event, a 2-parter! The second portion of the seasonal event will begin on Feb 1.

All requirements must be met to complete the event. Multiple characters can participate, but the threads do not carry across! (I.E. Both characters must complete all threads to gain +2 stat each).

Please include {SE} somewhere in your thread title.

Please complete the following requirements:

1. Learn about, or teach someone about, the "Capturing the Sun" myth
2. Weave/trade for/somehow acquire a basket to capture the sun with
3. Capture the sun! Or at least, try to! This can be trying to scoop it out of the water with your basket, using perspective to make it appear as if you have done so, etc, etc.
4. Give an offering, sing a song, tell a story, etc to Safrin to keep her occupied so that she stays distracted and doesn't bring the night back too quickly!
5. Create/acquire a present to bring to the Midnight Gathering on FEB 1.

In order to have completed this Seasonal Event you must post in this thread prior to the end of the season with threads/descriptions of how you've completed the SE. Failure to do this will result in no stats being awarded, nor can these threads be used for SWE/SE levelling requirements.

Please see the Seasonal section of Flora/Fauna in the guidebook for information about the creatures you can encounter during Longheat!

RE: pulling the chariot - Crooked - 02-07-2020

Loren has completed all stages of the SE! Could he get +2 STR?

{SE} frozen hearts Learned about the myth from Jigano
{se} we've a lot of starving faithful Wove a basket with Amalia
3. Capture the sun! Or at least, try to! This can be trying to scoop it out of the water with your basket, using perspective to make it appear as if you have done so, etc, etc.
{SE} On the nature of impossibility and group delusions Made a sphere of ice in the path of the sun, then dropped it in a basket
4. Give an offering, sing a song, tell a story, etc to Safrin to keep her occupied so that she stays distracted and doesn't bring the night back too quickly!
{SE} i close my eyes to see Left some jewelry for Safrin at her shrine with Sunjata
{SE} happy little trees Made paintings with Oliver as a honey badger and goose and attended {SWE} Always be mine where he gave the painting to Samuel

Amun has completed all stages of the SE! Could he get +2 luck please?

{se} offerings Zariah told Amun the myth
{se} waning Rexanna wove Amun a basket
{se} seen all my dreams disappear Used his camo patch to make his hand glow, thus 'capturing' the sun
{se} on the nature of myths and magic (OPEN!) Praised and complimented Safrin with Oia'i'o
Make a Mess {SE} Helped Adam make a pendant in exchange for jewels to bring to the gathering, and attended {SWE} Always be mine where he gave his jewels to Wessex. He also kept an emerald to give to Rexanna in {Mini Event} come follow me down

RE: pulling the chariot - Oakley - 02-07-2020

Oliver has completed all of the requirements! +1 Strength and +1 Luck

. Learn about, or teach someone about, the "Capturing the Sun" myth
{SE} good day sunshine Bastien informs Oliver about the myth!

{SE} That's all I need Oliver made a basket!

{SE} On the nature of impossibility and group delusions Oliver created a cup to try and capture the sun with!

{OPEN} {SE} sing a happy tune Oliver sings a song for Safrin!

{SE} happy little trees Oliver made a painting as a present!
Posted 2x in {SWE} Always be mine and gave gift to Deimos!

RE: pulling the chariot - Chan - 02-07-2020

Maea has completed all stages of SE "Pulling the Chariot". +2 Luck please!

LongHeat 310 - Capturing the Sun
  • Learn about, or teach someone about, the "Capturing the Sun" myth.
    {open SE} let me tell you about the sun... - Wessex tells Maea and Libbs about the myth.
  • Weave/trade for/somehow acquire a basket to capture the sun with.
    {SE} One over the Other - Sam and Maea catch up in the Aetheneum, and she teaches him how to weave a basket.
  • Capture the sun! Or at least, try to! This can be trying to scoop it out of the water with your basket, using perspective to make it appear as if you have done so, etc, etc.
    (SE) when the nighttime comes, say yes Maea joins Sunjata at the river and catches the sun reflected in his eyes... by dumping a basket full of water over his head.
  • Give an offering, sing a song, tell a story, etc to Safrin to keep her occupied so that she stays distracted and doesn't bring the night back too quickly!
    {SE} Lay this to rest Amun finds Maea and convinces her to help him give an offering to Safrin.
  • Create/acquire a present to bring to the Midnight Gathering on FEB 1.
    {SE} Luften klar och ren Maea meets Nephele in Halo and they talk while she does her shopping.

Postad 2x to {SWE} Always be mine where she offered gifts to Sunjata, Loren, Libbs, Adam and Jigano.

RE: pulling the chariot - lancydulac - 02-07-2020

Both Adam and Samuel have completed the SE!
Sam: +2 Dex
Adam: +2 Strength

Thank you!!

ADAM: {seasonal event} dust and decay
SAM: {se} Smooth the Unattractive Truth {OPEN}

ADAM: {seasonal event} wasted faith
SAM: {SE} One over the Other

ADAM: {SE} Steal My Sunshine
SAM: {SE} Difficulties in Sun Catching

ADAM: {SE} Doot Doot
SAM: {SE} find a little peace

ADAM: Make a Mess {SE}
SAM: {SE} The Wild Rushes {OPEN}

They also both attended {SWE} Always be mine and gave gifts.

RE: pulling the chariot - Cirago - 02-09-2020

Jigano has completed the SWE. +1 Str, +1 Dex, please

Longheat 310
- 1. {SE} frozen hearts Teaching Loren about the "Capturing the Sun" myth while flying over the Sea of Glass in dragon form
- 2. {SE} Fool Me Once Acquire a basket! (Using big soulful dragon eyes to beg Tarasha into weaving him a basket from grass)
- 3. {SE} Steal My Sunshine Capture the sun! (letting the sun pool in a Fae-made basket while basking in the Glade in dragon form)
- 4. {SE} Doot Doot Give an offering, sing a song, tell a story, etc to Safrin (singing a song to Safrin with Adam in dragon form)
- 5. {SE} Life's a Beach Create/acquire a present to bring to the Midnight Gathering (collecting shiny stones from the Whispershore and trading some to Sunjata in exchange for help turning them into a sunchime - in dragon form)
Part II - posted 2x in SWE {SWE} Always be mine

RE: pulling the chariot - Heather - 02-11-2020

Deimos has completed the SWE! Could I have +1 to Luck and +1 Dexterity? Thank you!

1. Learn about, or teach someone about, the "Capturing the Sun" myth - {seasonal event} it'll be tested, this cosmic mettle Teaching Weaver about the myth
2. Weave/trade for/somehow acquire a basket to capture the sun with - {seasonal event} wasted faith Making baskets with Adam
3. Capture the sun! - {Training} {SE} Suncatchers - Snagging "sun catchers"/training with Jigano
4. Give an offering, sing a song, tell a story, etc to Safrin - {PQ} {SE} and i couldn't keep my mouth shut, i just had to mention - Singing to Safrin
5. Create/acquire a present to bring to the Midnight Gathering - {se} just to show herself up - Making gifts for the gathering
Posted 2x to {SWE} Always be mine

RE: pulling the chariot - Kyra - 02-12-2020

Weaver has completed all stages of the season event. +2 Endurance, please!

{seasonal event} it'll be tested, this cosmic mettle -- Demios teaches her about the Capturing the Sun myth

{se} just to show herself up -- Weaves a basket out of grasses while hanging out with Deimos

{SE} Difficulties in Sun Catching -- catches the sun with Samuel (baskets sitting on a wall to catch the sun at the right angle)

{OPEN} {SE} sing a happy tune -- tells a Halovian bedtime story of hunters and dragons w/ Oliver

{se} not above bribery -- trades for a dragonfly pendant in the market

Posted 2x in {SWE} Always be mine

RE: pulling the chariot - Honey - 02-12-2020

Neron has completed all stages of the SE! +2 STR please.

{SE} faces to names - Learned from Rexanna!

(SE) it's called freefall - Traded Sunjata

{SE} introductions - Tried to catch it in a reflection in a basin.

{se} veni, creator spiritus - Attended a bonfire/singsong for Safrin with Wessex

(se) add a lil' sunshine - With Libbs!

Gave Rexanna a gift of an icy rose in {Mini Event} come follow me down

RE: pulling the chariot - Skylark - 02-16-2020

Sunjata has completed the SWE! +2 to END pls <3
  • Learn about, or teach someone about, the "Capturing the Sun" myth
    {SE} Oh, Valley of Plenty - learned from Maea
  • Weave/trade for/somehow acquire a basket to capture the sun with
    {se} mama told me not to go - Created a basket with Libbs
  • Capture the sun! Or at least, try to! This can be trying to scoop it out of the water with your basket, using perspective to make it appear as if you have done so, etc, etc.
    (SE) when the nighttime comes, say yes - Tried to capture the sun with Maea
  • Give an offering, sing a song, tell a story, etc to Safrin to keep her occupied so that she stays distracted and doesn't bring the night back too quickly!
    {SE} i close my eyes to see - Gave an offering with Loren
  • Create/acquire a present to bring to the Midnight Gathering on FEB 1.
    {se} calm and chaos - Acquired a present with Melita

RE: pulling the chariot - Astor - 02-22-2020

Wessex has completed the SE! +1 to END and +1 to Luck, please
** I've already asked to use my Level 4 (which I've posted for) stat increase to be distributed so all stats will be at 30 or more

{SE} basic building blocks of baskets - Uses teleportation to get a basket to use as an example while making a basket to catch the sun in.
-- {se} seen all my dreams disappear - teleports to get a basket to catch the sun with Amun
-- {se} veni, creator spiritus - Copies Neron's ice magic to make an offering for Safrin
-- {open SE} let me tell you about the sun... - Teleports to get examples of gifts while telling Maea and Libbs about the Fae tradition
-- {se} not above bribery - Copies Weaver's fire magic to burn a sun insignia on her gift for the party
-- Gypsy Soul - Posted twice in the Longheat SWE, teleported in and out of the Greatwood

RE: pulling the chariot - Heather - 02-29-2020

Melita has completed the Seasonal Event! Could I please have +2 to Luck? Thank you!

1. Learn about, or teach someone about, the "Capturing the Sun" myth - {SE} all about an ancient activity - Sketching out the Myth with Kaimana
2. Weave/trade for/somehow acquire a basket to capture the sun with - {seasonal event} in-between good days - Making baskets with Phoebe
3. Capture the sun! Or at least, try to! This can be trying to scoop it out of the water with your basket, using perspective to make it appear as if you have done so, etc, etc. - {se} burn down your trappings - Grabbing yellow stones
4. Give an offering, sing a song, tell a story, etc to Safrin to keep her occupied so that she stays distracted and doesn't bring the night back too quickly! - {season event} of the wind and the water - Told stories to Safrin with Sascha and Libbs
5. Create/acquire a present to bring to the Midnight Gathering on FEB 1. - {se} calm and chaos - Diving for stones for presents with Sunjata

Posted twice in the SWE.