Age: 19 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 15
Played by: charks Offline
Change author:
MP:
so hold my hand & i'll walk with you, my dear
It's time to build a basket.

To which end, you do the following:

1. Leave your nest home just before dawn, bare feet tingling in the cold morning dew. It'll evaporate soon, and you want to reach your destination before that.

2. Arrive in the Oasis as the first bright rays of sun begin to peek over the horizon, slicing swathes of light through trees and casting silver shadows across the water's tranquil surface.

3. Sit and watch the sleeping plants begin to unfurl in their morning greeting rituals. Fiddleheads uncurl like stretching children; flowers yawn their petals open, reaching for the sun. Then the pollinators begin to arrive: bloatbeetles, heavy with water; bees, chorus and otherwise, bumbling out of their nests. And of course the pollinators are followed by birds, their chirped greetings telling a tale of food and predator and territory. Pretty soon the glade is fully awash with activity, which means it's time for...

4. ...wait, what were you doing, again?!
Kaimana
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
Explorer

Age: 40 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural
Level: 3 - Strg: 29 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 30
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP:

Which means it’s time for all good nocturnal hunters to come back to their dens. Tired or not, the sun is something that cannot be successfully fought (though if anyone would try to do so, it would be Wessex, in all her hubris and stubborn strength).

There are people who are grieving. People who cannot muster the mental or physical energy to hunt and feed there one-mouth-less family. So the Wraith is there, as likely to be good as she is to be ‘bad,’ leaving the occasional gift of meat on a doorstep at dawn. After all, as we know very well, she has no need of sustenance, herself, and an abundance of tireless energy - it now seems like hunting at night is almost too easy.

Wessex exits the trees amidst the pollinators and the unfolding flowers, oblivious to their beauty and the wonder of their roles in the natural world. Three rabbits are slung over her shoulder and she carries her bow in her hand, quiver strung across her chest. The day dawns early - not for farmers, but for others - and she is surprised to see the strange Kai at the Oasis. Waving her hand in greeting, she takes a quick detour - only intending to stay for a couple of minutes or so.

WESSEX
She whispered back, I am the storm
Scientist

Change author:
MP:
If Wessex was expecting you to once again assault her with questions then she is in for something of a surprise. Oh, the sight of the Ascended (you're pretty sure) former-Queen (you've heard) isn't at all unwelcome - in fact you greet her with an enthusiastic smile, your grin cracking from beneath the crown of mushrooms that has sprouted up in your hair. You'd be a great hunter if you cared to do so, basically building a blind naturally by settling into one space for a while.

By the time Wessex finds you you're surrounded in dense and vibrant flora. Patting the ground next to you, you invite her to sit and watch should she care to. Upon the surface of the water a gilded lily is opening, its sweet aroma permeating the cool morning air. The flower is vibrant and glorious and terribly deadly, based on your research into the blooms. "Isn't it cool," you whisper to Wessex, "How nature's evolved to tell you it's dangerous by bein' really pretty?"

You think that's just great.
Kaimana
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
Explorer

Age: 40 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural
Level: 3 - Strg: 29 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 30
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP:

If Wessex were a scientist and prone to making bad dad jokes, she might have greeted Kai with something like ‘Are you a bacterium? Because your smile is infectious.’

Alas, she isn’t (doesn’t even know what a bacterium is, poor non-scientific demi-god). She does return the smile though, as genuine and full as the one she receives and picks her way over to the mushroom-covered boy, taking the offered seat while trying not to squish anything. The dead rabbits come to rest on the ground at her other side, and she eyes the fungi sprouting from Kai’s head. “Are these edible?” she asks, wondering if he would mind if she collected some to give away with her catch.

“Mmmm, very cool. The gilded lily is one of the earliest things we teach our kids to stay away from.” Leaning forward a bit, she keeps her attention on the water. “Have you seen the dream fish yet?” Just a pretty, nowhere near as deadly. One of the few things in Caido that isn’t trying to eat or distract or hurt you - indeed, they’re probably trying to help, in their own way.

WESSEX
She whispered back, I am the storm
Scientist

Change author:
MP:
You roll your eyes up at Wessex's question, as though you could possibly see the mushrooms in your hair. "Uhh... these ones are." Reaching out with your magic, you coax a line of shaggy manes to make their way out of your mane, marching them down your arm toward Wessex until they settle on your outstretched palm, ready to be plucked.

The dream fish is not something you've seen, and your shake your head emphatically to that effect. "No! I've read about 'em, though." Or maybe just been told by Oia - you aren't a big reader, if we're being honest.

Settling back onto your hands, you look up at Wessex with a carefree smile. "I didn't actually come here to see the wildlife, but it was just so interestin' an' I couldn't help but watch it. I really like watchin' things when they're just wakin' up - they're really bein' themselves, y'know?" Not trying to put on a show, or hide anything, or be anything but what they are. You wish humans could be like that more often. It's hard for you to see through the weird masks they wear. Animals and plants are far simpler to understand.
Kaimana