[se] token gestures
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2609
Whether I'm gonna curse you out or
Take you back to my house
"Thanks so much for your advice." Flora is saying as she tromps through the mud, trying to step directly into Ronin's footprints. It isn't easy going, and though he'd cautioned her to wear waterproof clothing and knee-high boots, still Flora felt as though she was going to be covered in mud by the time this was all said and done. "About Koa." She adds as if he'd provided her with so much advice recently that he might need some context.

Though Spice was normally one to fly off ahead of her bonded, on this particular outing the little dragon stayed huddled in one of Flora's pockets, appearing only occasionally to snorfle at the air before disappearing again.

Though the Feverlands were never much to look at, now that they'd been poisoned by the void they seemed even more grotesque. Death and decay were not just everywhere, but positively boastful in the way everything purple-touched was either dead, dying, or corrupted.
flora
I haven't decided yet
But I'm gonna get you back

Table by the bestest Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 75 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 85 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 1881
and on to the glory at my right hand
Ronin has done his best to make his steps smaller so that Flora won't be forced to hop in his wake, and unfortunately he's already speckled with mud along his legs and across one shoulder; such are the dangers of wandering through a swamp. "You're always welcome," he says with a smile over his shoulder, only to have to cringe his head away as Sugar tries to shove her cold snout in his ear. "He came to see me the other day, you know."

Glancing forward again and sighing at the state of the void-infected Feverlands, the Knight leads them around a particularly boggy area, holding out a hand in case Flora wants to take it and steady herself. "Have you ever seen the Hanging Tree before?" he asks, nodding as said tree starts to come into view, more horrific than ever. "There are a lot of stories about this place, and none of them good."
ronin
Styling stolen from Sky (obviously)
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Ewwww." Flora groans immediately as soon as Koa's name leaves Ronin's lips. Curiosity had her tongue feeling caged inside of her mouth, and it was with as casual an affect that she could manage that she cleared her throat. "...what for?" Had it been about her, or had it been woe is me I'm such a bad dragoon? Probably the latter, which was probably for the best.

Reaching out immediately for Ronin's hand as it was offered, the Doubletake clasped his fingers tightly as if that might somehow strengthen the ground beneath her feet. Unsurprisingly it didn't work, though had it not been for the Knight's presence, the queen's feet would surely have slid right out from under her.

"No, never. I heard they used to hang people here?" Cringing at the thought, Flora gives her head a nauseated shake.
flora
I haven't decided yet

Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 75 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 85 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 1881
and on to the glory at my right hand
"Mm, about Stormbreak, Soh's disappearance, and his role in all of... this." Ronin gestures vaguely with his free hand, assuming Flora will understand this to be the latest crisis of Starfall and The Family. "I did give him a warning, though," he adds, if only to be honest; he doesn't know whether Flora will appreciate it or see it as meddling, but it's a little late now for him to take it back.

Drawing her against his side as they skirt around the marshier ground and fall to a halt with the Hanging Tree almost on top of them, Ronin wrinkles his nose and nods. "I've never seen it happen, and it doesn't look like any of the ropes are new, but... yeah, executions. That's the general idea. People say the place is haunted. If you cut the bark it bleeds, and if any leaves fall and touch you, they'll give you blisters. So, you know. A very cheerful place."
ronin
Styling stolen from Sky (obviously)

Age: 4 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
As you venture through the Feverlands, a flock of Gore Crows descends from the murky sky, their black feathers glistening red with dried blood. With wickedly sharp beaks and talons, they circle menacingly, their eerie caws echoing through the fog. One by one, they dive toward you, their gleaming red eyes fixated on their prey. The air fills with the sound of beating wings and haunting cries as the Gore Crows advance, their hunger driving them to attack.

As the Feverlands have been taken over by the Family, remaining in this area will be dangerous as the flora/fauna will continue to grow increasingly hostile toward you (unless you're a Friend of the Family).

You’ve encountered  Gore Crows. This counts as a common creature encounter for the purposes of levelling, but does not count as a Random Event for levelling or MP. There will be no further admin/re intervention. If you choose to follow this creature, you do so at your own risk, however, just having it in this thread is enough to satisfy your levelling requirements.

Gore Crow (common) - Twice the size of their more common brethren, gore crows boast wickedly sharp beaks and talons that could pierce even the hide of a dragon, and even sharper wit to boot. Preferring human meat, their inky black feathers often glisten red with their most recent feast. Traveling in small groups, their eerie caws of words like "Eyes!" and "Meat!" can be heard echoing across battlefields or haunting a hunter's trail. These fearsome birds with gleaming red eyes are not to be trifled with, for it is not uncommon for a gore crow to finish off injured prey.

Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
"...oh." The way her stomach immediately grows cold and begins to knot is certainly not befitting a queen, but it is befitting a girl of only 21 who'd much rather the boy she's tangled up in care more about their (non)relationship than his actual job. "..yeah, that makes sense." She adds dutifully. Smiling as she gives Ronin's hand a little squeeze, the Doubletake flashes him a tight-lipped smile that nevertheless has her aqua gaze shiny with appreciation. "Thanks. I hope it keeps him up at night."

Eyeing the tree warily as if it might reach out and toss a noose over either of their necks, Flora wouldn't have dreamed of touching anything save for the Knight even without Ronin's warning. Flinching at the sudden sound of hostile caws from above, the Doubletake tucks herself tightly against Ronin's side as she peers up at the sky. "Mmmk, well, I hate it here." Having asked the Knight to accompany her just in case they could find out more about the source of infection that had rolled up onto Torchline's shores, now Flora just wanted to go home.

"Come on, we can go back around the Tar Pits."

~FIN
flora
I haven't decided yet