sticking around
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 75 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 85 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 1881
and on to the glory at my right hand
"...So we all attacked this weird void orb, and yeah. Turns out there are certain elements that are very effective against it." Ronin speaks quickly and quietly as they trek through the Tar Pits - well, as he treks through them. The Knight has naturally scooped Flora up into his arms as they go to keep her safe. Gore crows are one thing - he's not about to let her get swallowed up by the swamp.

"So if you know anyone with air magic, maybe sweet talk them into helping," he continues. Gravity magic is a little more difficult to come by, so he doesn't bother adding that. Glancing around at the thick fog and sighing, Ronin adjusts Flora in his arms and partially shifts his draconic wings, figuring it easier to take to the sky to get them through this.

Where once the leathery appendages had been the colour of midnight and starlight, they're now pale and veined with gold, but Ronin trusts the aesthetic doesn't make much of a difference to the functionality.
ronin
Styling stolen from Sky (obviously)
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2609
Whether I'm gonna curse you out or
Take you back to my house
"Just not anything you have?" Flora asks. It feels as though she's being rocked by a particularly bouncy sea as Ronin tries to navigate the tar pits with her in his arms, but it beats walking, so the queen keeps her mouth shut. "Air magic? I think Jack does, actually." At least, she'd seen the captain whip up quite the sudden storm and she assumed the air probably had something to do with it. "There's some stuff I needed to talk to him about anyway, so I'll just add that to my list." She says with a sigh, before adjusting her grip slightly so that her arms wouldn't interfere with Ronin's sudden spray of wings.

"So...off the record, between just me and you...what're we gonna do?" Trying to make herself sound closer to cavalier than terribly afraid, Flora bit the inside of her cheek as she glanced at Ronin. "I mean...Torchline has this thing on the beach, Starfall is still just there, and by all accounts the Family seems to know everything that's going on."
flora
I haven't decided yet
But I'm gonna get you back

Table by the bestest Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Groaning, but not because Flora is incorrect, Ronin nods to the Doubletake and lets his wings fan out for a moment as he draws to a halt. "I mean - I can punch it?" He grins, because hey, that's better than absolutely nothing, which is what he's had to do previously. "I do have a couple of weapons I ought to train with again. It's just easy to stop bothering when..." As if to demonstrate, a flurry of firebolts flicker to life around them, before winking out once more.

Murmuring for Flora to hold on tight, Ronin takes to the air with a powerful beat of wings, leaning his head in close to hear her as she speaks again. With a tight-lipped smile, he considers his response before answering in earnest. "I feel like whatever is happening, Starfall must have something to do with it," he says. "There must be a reason that island is so hostile. I know your father keeps wanting to sneak over there, but honestly, I think we need to hit it hard as a group. I just don't know if we're ready yet."

And in the meantime, Flora is absolutely correct - The Family do seem to know everything, and they seem very adept at taking over.

"As for the thing on Torchline's beach, I'm sure between Remi and I, we can try and get rid of it. How hard could it be?" Famous last words, hey.
ronin
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Snickering, Flora rolls her eyes. "What can't you punch?" She shoots back, raising her eyebrows and grinning. In her pocket, Spice hisses as the firebolts snap into existence; shooting a hostile puff of cold air, the dragonling disappears again with a grumble.

"Nnnnnnnn." The girl replies, linking her hands around Ronin's neck and wondering how much trouble the Knight would be in with Remi if she was dropped. "Okay but—" Not wanting to release her hands from around him, Flora instead just raises her eyebrows again to try and pull his attention. "Does anyone else think that? Because honestly given how scared everyone is, I don't think they're gonna want to go, and like it or not, Dahlia had a good point at the meeting she interrupted. We're vulnerable all together." Whether as leaders, or demigods.

"Can you all just pick it up and go dump it somewhere? Maybe out here even, it isn't like things can get any worse."
flora
I haven't decided yet

Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"Oh, I'm sure there are some things," Ronin says with a smirk, not that he's able to think of them right this second. Should any of his children call him into a fight again, he'll be punching the ever loving fuck out of whatever is threatening them, put it that way.

Murmuring an apology to Spice as they take further into the air, clearing the layer of fog so Ronin can better navigate the Tar Pits, the Knight furrows his brow and keeps Flora tucked close. "Well, you did say between you and me," he points out, but nonetheless offers her a gentle nod. "Maybe I'll put a note out, see if I can find out who wants to go. And if it's no one... I guess your father and I will just have to do our best."

Remi who is not the offensive force he once was, and Ronin whose abilities do nothing against the threat. Should go great.

"Oh, that's a good idea," he says, at least, of dumping the void carcass out here in the Feverlands. "I bet between us we could do it." It might not be pleasant, but at least it'll be out of Torchline.
ronin
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
"Okay, fair. Well, between you and me, I think you're being a bit overly precious with a man who literally can't be killed by anyone except for his actual family, so..." She shrugs. Then again, it was much easier for Flora to imagine going a few seasons without her father around than it probably was for Ronin to think of being without his husband. "You can even borrow my ring." Flora purrs, and with a twist of her finger, she disappears for a second in his arms before returning.

"Short of just...wrapping it up in concrete, I have no idea what else to do." She queen concedes, and if she had the hands to do it, she'd have itched theatrically at her forehead. "Hadama wants to deal with it sooner rather than later—and I agree—I just...I mean, I don't know what I'm meant to do." Though, perhaps asking for Ronin's advice was the sort of thing she was meant to do.

"Ugh." Kicking one of her feet a touch petulantly, Flora leans against Ronin's chest as they fly. "Are we home yet?"
flora
I haven't decided yet

Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
It's lucky that Ronin is used to the unexpected, because a lesser man might have dropped Flora accidentally with her disappearance. Instead his grip tightens around her until she reappears again and he's able to reorient himself. "One day," he tells her sweetly, "when you are married, I will remind you of this conversation, and you'll realise that there is no such thing as overly precious when it comes to the person you love."

Perhaps this would be a time for a much more sentimental heart to heart, but there's the issue of the Tar Pits and escaping them - not to mention the void corpse problem. "What you're meant to do is delegate to your meathead fathers and let us do all the heavy lifting. Which, you know, so far so good," he says with a grin, nudging her gently.

"Soon," he promises on the subject of being home, refocusing on getting them clear of the swamp entirely and back to the warmth of Torchline's sunny shores.

~FIN
ronin