As we fell something died
Quest return for Dygra
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 24 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1867
Maea
My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on the limb
It was a difficult climb to make in winter. It could be argued that this made the trip more worth it, but for all that she didn't mind, it was still a relief to reach the ground. 
Foregoing the option to light her way for a chance to savor the utter darkness within the cavern, Maea picked her way along a path that was growing increasingly familiar. Her heart still raced as the reached the ruby cluster and opened a cut in her palm to let her blood soak the crystals, but she thought it was equally as much from anticipation as from nerves. 

"My lady, I have completed the tasks you set for me," she spoke into the dark. Unpacking the large serpent hide she had harvested, wearing the armored dress, she had a new appreciation for just how much of a difference it had made. "I think this armor saved my life," she reflected, thinking of the encounter with the rock slider. "And I know for a fact that Astaroth did. I used to resent the idea of needing other people, but... I don't know. Lately I've been far happier while around others of my kind." 

They were slowly growing on her, gradually turning into precious things she did not want to lose. It was wonderful - and terrifying. 

Maea has completed her quest to upgrade her armor! 

Set fire to the rain
  • 1. Complete a Training thread focused on endurance.
    {Training} No child's game Ran a race against Thalassa
  • 2. Complete a thread using the Valair armour to block damage. (This may also be a training thread, but it doesn't have to be!)
    Only a cat with a different coat
  • 3. Complete a thread killing something with a hide that can be harvested. This must be done without using a shift and wearing the Valair armour. (Harvest the hide afterwards too, obviously).
    who told you what was down here Killed and harvested a Rock Slider skin.
  • 4. Complete a thread satisfying bloodlust on a predatory animal.
    {PQ} Wild Hunt - Wolf
And I remember thinking — I want to be like them
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Dygra
"We are, all of us, stronger together than apart."

Dygra's voice comes purring through the darkness, thrumming from the cluster of rubies and beneath Maea's feet. Although she hasn't lit the way, the stone beneath her will begin to feel hot to the touch, like a lover's caress or a mother's embrace - whichever suits the pale woman most.

"You have done well, sweet dark one. Hard work, as always, is rewarded." And thus the serpent hide will disappear from the rock before Maea, and the armour that she wears like a second skin will feel somehow more than, able to withstand further punishment in place of its wearer.

Maea has completed her quest and her armour has been upgraded!

Type: Grey | Style: Defensive | Level: Upgraded
Valair Armour | A beautiful black dress lined with crimson, stronger by far than it appears. This item blocks physical damage. Requires a 3 post cooldown between uses.
Table coding by Sky <3
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 24 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1867
Maea
My heroes had the heart to lose their lives out on the limb
Sinking down to lay upon the rock, Maea pressed her cheek against it to savor the heat. Having never known the warmth of a mother's embrace, and long past forgetting what a lover's touch brought save heartache and bitterness, she associated the goddess with neither. It was simply comfortable and safe to be near her, a presence to relax into where none of her many walls and barriers and reservations mattered anymore.

"It's the first time in a long while that I care to be around others consistently," she shared, murmuring secrets to the darkness that she hadn't told anyone before. "Before I either couldn't, felt unwanted, or didn't wish to engage... but now I do. I want a place in the circle, a role to play... doesn't really matter what it is. Just... it would be nice if my presence or absence would make a difference." An memory came to her, of weary soldiers gathering around a fallen comrade after a fierce battle. Bent and grieving, their loss had been palpable and the weight of that one persons absence something that moved her deeply. "I want it for myself, too, you know? A focus, a passion that isn't dependent on the world being in a state of impending doom to give me purpose. Dunno what it is yet, but I'll keep looking."

The snake skin vanished, and the dress took on a different feel around her. Rolling over onto her back, white hair pooled about her as she ran her hands over the soft fabric, savoring the thin layer of tangible confidence that held her together in spite of the uncertainties that loomed. "Thank you. I'm sure it's a trivial thing, this armor. That you take the time to hear me, and grant my silly wishes... It really means everything."

Smiling into the depths of darkness, the little woman stretched herself out comfortably and let her eyes fall shut. Lingering long after the presence of the goddess had faded, it was only the return of the Deepfrost chill that eventually chased her from the shrine and back into the city, to light and warmth and familiar faces. Back home.

{FIN} <3
And I remember thinking — I want to be like them
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦