In my stomach is butterflies
Elizabeth Fraiser
Mental/Physical/Electrical Therapist

Age: 22 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 0 - Strg: 5 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Dew Offline
Change author:
MP: 820
There is no Frigate like a Book To take us Lands away.

His ability to recognize the pressure those expectations would put on his child and the willingness to release control over his son's future showed a profound level of wisdom that gave her faith in his parenting skills. Elizabeth looked forward to seeing how the young boy grew up with such a loving and supportive father watching over him. With a warm smile, she took another sip of her coffee. "That's great to hear. That's not common, so I'm sure he will be grateful to have such an understanding father." She might have said more if she knew him better, but she didn't want to overstep. 

At his question, the coffee returned to her lips to give her a moment to think. She wasn't exactly sure what had made her pick Halo. Maybe it was the romantic notion of cozy fireplaces and sparkling streets of snow. Maybe it was how the harsh weather nurtured an even harsher population that intrigued her. Or maybe she just liked the idea of a consuming peace that didn't reach many other parts of the world. Whatever logical explanations would have been expressed by others wasn't the real reason she'd picked the unforgiving icy territory. Giving Deimos a confident grin, she shrugged her shoulders. "I wanted a challenge. I didn't set out just to help others, but to improve myself. And I thought the brutal Halo environment would be just the kind of place to test my mettle." If she could make it in the most ruthless conditions, Elizabeth was certain she could succeed in whatever other endeavors she chose to pursue.
Elizabeth
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 74 - Dext: 74 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 5754
DEIMOS
And in your darkest hour,
I hold secrets flame
The familiarity, growth, and experience with burdens, pressure, responsibility, and what it had done to him not only in the past, but the present, meant he wouldn’t ever want to release any of that upon his family. It didn’t mean he wouldn’t make mistakes – Evie and him had both talked at length about how perfection wasn’t going to be achieved and they’d be learning right along the way – but Deimos knew what he didn’t want to be. And for now, that might’ve been enough. “Thank you.” His eyes shifted downward, uncomfortable, pondering if he was being put under a microscope and craving a retreat into shadows and nothing. “I will try.”

It was much easier to listen to someone else’s opinion and answers for why they roamed towards Halo. His had always been a homecoming of sorts; from the Aurora Basin to the wide-open plains of the tundra, the way winter called and carved its ramparts straight into his ribcage, armed him with fortitude, might, and perseverance. Memories from past lives correlating, melding, and molding into the current realm sculpted him into something far more refined than the menacing beast – enough that he could laugh lightly at her reasoning. “Ah, the brutality.” His nose wrinkled, gaze wandering out towards the rest of the Citadel – where a greenhouse was tucked away, where the barracks reigned, where weapons waited, where protection leapt and bound and still, the wilderness crawled and promised. “It certainly will.” His brow arched, taking another sip of his tea and glancing down at the scone. “But the people are enduring and resilient.” With lots of layers and hell to unpack, naturally.
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Elizabeth Fraiser

Age: 22 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

Elizabeth smiled and nodded approvingly in response to the Warden's sentiments. It was good to see that he used the word 'try'. Being a good parent wasn't an easy task. It required years of mistakes and grace in spite of those mistakes. What mattered was that they tried. That they loved the child and wanted a better life for them. And sometimes, even if they were the best parents in the world, it wasn't enough. The world could be a cruel place like that, but she believed that Deimos would be the kind to face the world head on to protect his son, and that thought kept her smile bright. 

She hoped he wasn't offended by the observation, but he didn't contradict her analysis. With a straightening of her back, Elizabeth attempted to give him a vote of confidence in her own abilities (not that she had many). She was determined to strengthen her mental fortitude in the snowy landscape of Halo. After all, that was more versatile than any physical skills. Holding up her mug in a mock toast, she said, "That Halovian perseverance is exactly what I hope to gain!" With her soft words and fluffy shawls, she may not look like the kind that could withstand more than a fleeting breeze, but Elizabeth had been raised to embrace challenges. If she wasn't uncomfortable doing something, she needed to do more.

Considering the man, she would have guessed that Deimos was raised here in the blizzards and frozen tundra. However, just because he lived here didn't mean he enjoyed it. With a curious tilt of her head, Elizabeth asked, "If you weren't Warden, would you ever want to live somewhere else?" There were plenty of places in Caido with kinder weather and more colorful sights to tempt. It made her wonder if something else kept him teathered to Halo.
Elizabeth
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
He arched a brow, permitted the slightest of smirks again at her insistence. “We will always take more.” Of those formidable, capable sort; who didn’t shy away from the cold, who bolstered strength with conviction, not so easily led astray. There’d been many like her – some stayed, some strayed, and then the ones who remained above all else. How Halo, and Caido, would treat her would come with time. “Have you explored much of the Citadel yet?”

On the contrary, Deimos hadn’t been raised in Halo at all – that depiction went to Isilme, the stretch of sand amongst the Moonlit Tides, and the echo of gulls fleeting over dunes. Long since gone, like the lands thereafter, but deeply entrenched in his being; of ocean and waves well before ice and swords. So the question bewildered him for a moment, even if he didn’t show it, only giving the lightest arch of his brow, head tilting. “No. I came here of my own volition.” Perhaps that was a rarity still – but in the threads of heartache, fever, delirium, and nothing much else, the mountains had called him home – out of Hollowed Grounds and mired dreams. “I am an Outlander,” to keep the record clear – a known fact throughout the majority of Caido. “But Torchline is a good spot for a vacation.” Which, to the workaholic Wardens, was usually a day or two before flying home. Last time had been for a tournament – which Deimos would reckon as not exactly restful. “Is that where you are from?”
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Elizabeth Fraiser

Change author:

Elizabeth was relieved to hear that she would be a welcome addition to the area. Hopefully the sentiment would last with the rest of the community. As a family, they'd always been able to hold their own amongst the more blunt, unsympathetic people. On her own, she'd have to put down deeper roots through better connections, something she'd have to work on. Luckily, the area wasn't new to her. "I've visited the Citadel a few times growing up, so I'm at least a little familiar with it."

Another thing she'd assumed incorrectly about the man. Elizabeth perked slightly at the word 'Outlander.' It had been awhile since she'd heard the term. "Oh, interesting!" She wanted to use the word 'fascinating,' but feared Deimos may think she was trying to analyze him - even if that was what she secretly wanted to do. The strangers that appeared in the Hollowed Grounds had been a source of curiosity for her and her father. He often wondered if their heritage made them different than the natural Caido residents. If he was here, he'd be bombarding the man with questions to fill in his history understanding. 

"I can't disagree with you." She laughed lightly at the idea of Torchline being a vacation location and how her parents had obviously thought that exact thing when they decided to make it their permanent home. His question had her bobbing her head in a noncommittal manner. "Not exactly. We didn't stay in the same place for more than a few months, but my mom was originally from Torchline." They didn't have family in the area anymore, but they usually ended up staying slightly longer to escape the brunt of Deepfrost. This was the first year she'd get a firsthand experience of the harsher weather. With that in mind, she asked, "Do you have any recommendations to prepare for LongNight?" Elizabeth tried to keep the slight nervousness from her voice. This was what she'd asked for, after all.
Elizabeth
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
He nodded, figuring she wouldn’t need a tour then. Most of Halo was self-explanatory and self-sufficient, meant to be a reliable source of community, protection, and civilization. Fire was plentiful, food could be stored easily, and the power of the merchants, trappers, hunters, healers, and soldiers was a unit of capability enhanced by the firm sense of preservation.

Taking a piece of the scone while it was still warm, he watched and waited for other reactions. The Outlander one was usually a mixed reception – years before, it had been met with animosity and neutrality at best. Nowadays, it was more of a rarity than anything else – given how many of them had disappeared, perished, or simply remained outnumbered by Naturals. And perhaps it didn’t matter much in the long run; they’d assimilated as a whole into Caido’s rankings. When there weren’t any more lingering inquiries, he swallowed down the dessert, listening to the other responses.

No real commitment to any one place or more was intriguing; a more nomadic lifestyle. Deimos was the type to settle roots, unless there were other commitments or actions causing a disruption. The notions about LongNight though had him distracted from any other nuances, and he nodded. “I have started some myself. Typically, we carry on our normal routines, as it is nothing like what the Grounds used to experience. We usually supply those who require it some extra wood and food.” His eyes glanced upward, pondering over storage. “Will you be needing some?”
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Elizabeth Fraiser

Change author:

The Warden didn't seem to have any observations about her childhood and Elizabeth enjoyed being on the receiving end of his disinterest in questions. Most people immediately wanted to know how many times she'd moved or which places were her favorite. Some even went as far as to ask if they were running from something. At those, she would laugh and simply explain that her parents were students of the world. Her father liked to study oral and written histories, learning people's stories and admiring ancient landmarks while her mother preferred to learn about plants and their capabilities. There was nothing nefarious about their inability to settle, just a nurtured curiosity for their home - Caido. 

It was good to see Deimos lacking any level of concern for the mention of LongNight. Choosing to trust in his confidence, she gave him a smile and shook her head slightly. "I think I have enough food, although some extra firewood might be helpful." A stack lay by her fireplace, but she worried that it may not be enough for the entire LongNight. She'd hate to be charged with a crime so soon after moving to Halo. Battling the cold might be another motivation to keep the fire going. 

Not wanting to be a parasitic member of society, Elizabeth asked politely, "Do you need another set of hands to put together supplies or pass them out?" It might be a good excuse to meet more people and solidify her commitment to the community. Helping others was an added benefit.
Elizabeth
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
Considering the amount he had hidden and tucked away in the annals of his own history, Deimos had no intentions of prying into anyone else’s. Unless they were doomed to repeat lines of nefariousness upon his land and people, he left their wiles unbothered; glancing back as he finished off the scone.

Nodding at the notions of extra firewood, he considered the options. Assistance would make the work go faster, and even if he intended to avoid the stack of papers and missives sitting on his desk, eventually he would have to tend to the endless barrage. “If you want. I have a sled full already prepared by the barracks. Just need to start delivering.” He’d intended to start passing out the stacks once he’d returned from his patrol, but had been waylaid by her sign and his curiosity. Arching a brow, he’d wait for her agreement or dissent, eyes already flickering back up the street, mind calculating on addresses and necessities.
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Elizabeth Fraiser

Change author:

She smiled as Deimos agreed to let her help and Elizabeth quickly jumped at the opportunity. "Perfect! Give me just a moment and we can be on our way!" Gathering the empty mugs and step stool, she quickly maneuvered inside. Each item was placed in its designated place after a quick rinse and she made sure the stool found a good home next to her bookshelves where it would get the most use. 

Double-checking that the fire had enough wood, she grabbed a pair of insulated brown gloves and a fuzzy bergundy scarf to accentuate her cozy brown shawl. Then she stepped back out into the street, closing the door behind her securely to keep out the chill. Elizabeth gave Deimos an eager grin, straightening her back in preparation for the work to come. "Lead the way!" She shuffled her feet in excited anticipation, more than ready to play a part in the community.
Elizabeth
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
Nodding and dutifully waiting, the Sword instead inspected his bag of holding, adjusted his furs and gloves, and by the time she’d arrived again, was more than ready to begin winding his way back up the streets. Long strides and familiar pathways meant the walk didn’t take long, though he adjusted his pace so she wouldn’t be left scampering behind.

Arriving at the barracks came along with the sounds and echoes of the soldiers dueling and skirmishing their way through the outer training grounds, and he waved and jutted his jawline towards them. A few raised their swords and shouted in return, others were too absorbed, and his eyes instinctually traveled across their movements and motions, mind taking in where his instruction would be unfurling next.

In the meant time though, there were other duties to tend to. Belial and Zuriel had been faithfully guarding the sled (Belial had been sitting in it, Zuriel napping upright) upon their approach, and the peryton hooted loudly in welcome, scurrying upward and circling overhead. “My companions,” came by way of explanation to Elizabeth, before the carnivorous deer threatened to dive bomb anything. Zuriel looked on in her haughty, queenly demeanor, and he patted the unicorn’s nose and neck, before snagging at the straps of the loaded vessel. “There are three on this street, and two more on the next for today.” And then they were off, his strength ensuring the sled drifted easily across the snow.
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Elizabeth Fraiser

Change author:

Deimos's deliberately slower pace was much appreciated as Elizabeth took the stroll as an opportunity to further inspect the area. The people were focused, ignoring the pair other than a respectful nod to the Warden as they rushed through the streets with supplies to battle the vicious cold. Even the soldiers appeared preoccupied, a handful calling out to acknowledge Deimos. Nobody glanced her way, but Elizabeth didn't mind. It gave her a better chance to observe their activities and interactions. 

When they arrived at the sled, she was shocked to see a pair of animals guarding the supplies. A peryton immediately took off in an excited welcome of the man and she watched it circle for a moment before her attention was drawn back to the unicorn before her. Despite all her travels, she'd never met one before. The nonchalant way Deimos indicated them had her speechless. To think that he spent his time in the company of such beings. Having only been in their presence for a mere second, Elizabeth was already tempted to reach out to the majestic unicorn, but the regal tilt of her head indicated that she might not want that kind of attention. Instead, she gave the creature a smiling nod of her head as thanks for the help. 

Following closely behind him, she tried to make small conversation as they delivered the items. "How long have you had your companions?" Her eyes glanced back at the beautiful unicorn again before spotting the peryton once more.
Elizabeth
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
It was likely a good idea Elizabeth withheld the impulse to touch the unicorn; the mare would’ve had much to say on the matter. Instead, the haughty, regal natured being raised her nose and drifted closer to Deimos, elongating strides as they pressed onward towards the first house. Belial, energetic and ridiculous, also sauntered overhead before immediately divebombing into the back of the sled, fangs glinting in an obnoxious attempt to gain the other Abandoned’s attention (or some treats).

The Sword snorted at both, half-tempted to kick the peryton out of the sled. “I have had Zuriel for a number of years. I saved her from a landshark, she saved my arm.” Memories of the day had a particular threshold; nearly dying in the Spire, crawling his way towards a shrine to ensure Safrin could assist in the activities left behind, a unicorn racing across the fields…he shrugged as if it was not a large event, when it had been life altering in multitudes.

Belial, however, was a different story entirely. Pointing back at the carnivorous deer, who was now chasing his own tail, the Warden shook his head. “Belial a couple winters. Heard screaming in the middle of the night. It was him.”
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Elizabeth Fraiser

Change author:

The peryton's actions distracted her from Deimos's words, but she tried to pay attention, even as it flashed its fangs at her. Sadly, she hadn't carried anything other than herself in order to satisfy the creature. Maybe next time she'd remember to bring a tasty offering of friendship. But for now, Elizabeth shifted a little closer to Deimos. 

She looked again to Zuriel, respecting the history between the two of them. Obviously, their bond was strong, forged in trauma and life-threatening events. Although those weren't always the healthiest of relationships, they were often unbreakable as they intertwined the threads of life and death. It sounded like they had both saved each other and she smiled fondly at the regal unicorn. 

In contrast, the idea of disembodied screaming in the dead of night sounded terrifying and Elizabeth wondered if she would have had the bravery to seek out its source. An imperceptible shiver told her probably not. Overall, Belial put her on edge. Maybe it was his razor-sharp fangs or the abundance of chaotic energy, but she let Deimos grab the bundle of supplies as they approached the first stop. 

"Was he screaming for a reason? Or just for fun?" He seemed like the kind of creature to sew chaos for the joy of it. Working up her courage, she reached for a bundle of firewood out of the sled.
Elizabeth