all the ghosts that live inside me
Safrin
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
KORBIN

Her words plucked at the strings of his heart and soul like a master harpist until he quivered in her grasp, an instrument of songs unheard save for these heaven's ears.

"I kept asking myself that," he croaked, shaken and hoarse. "Especially after Weaver died. For the longest time I saw no meaning in any of it... and even now I doubt that there is one." Dark wings shifted in what could almost be construed as a shrug, hopeless and weary. "But then I look at the horizon, and ride the wind, and the beauty of the world grabs me by the heart all over again. It steals my breath away." Raven eyes gazed transfixed upon the starbright queen of the night. "How can I not care? It's the only thing I still love."

It cut deep to say it. An admission both simple and profound, that made the boy want to weep with relief and regret. He still loved. He could still love. And gods, it hurt so sweetly to know that there was something left to lose.
Young and alone on a long road,
Once I lost my way

Messages In This Thread
all the ghosts that live inside me - by Korbin - 05-26-2021, 07:43 PM
RE: all the ghosts that live inside me - by Korbin - 06-04-2021, 10:27 PM