waxing moons
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
these nightmares all bend
silver linings are all i need
The flowers are breezed past, and Aurelia knows they really aren't important beyond a surface level meaning. But, still, she feels so out of place and out of it that, perhaps the flowers hold more of a metaphorical meaning. Perhaps it reflects how she feels; all that she contains pouring out, a mess that needs cleaning.

She chews at the inner side of her bottom lip, listening to the way Maeve tells her I don't think there is much you would have been able to do anyway, love. It hurts, hearing it, perhaps more because it's true. It's been that way ever since she could remember; no control. Any time she thought she had a semblance of it, it was just... smoke and mirrors. As for everything else? Maeve is right, that decisions can be made whether or not Hotaru is within their custody.

"Hotaru is also able to decide what she wants to do from here. And I..." she trails off, feeling the words lodge in her throat. What does it mean for the rest of them? Aurelia is painfully aware that she's one of the only ones who sees Hotaru for what she truly is, though, and she is so very tired of trying to make others see it too.

When Maeve falters and suggests they retreat to her apartment, Aurelia looks at her with a mix of confusion and concern. So something else is wrong. The breath in her chest holds tensely for a moment, before she exhales and gets up from the table. She follows Maeve closely, almost hovering, trying to guess what's wrong before she even says it. Everything else around them is given a glance, though eventually she has to appreciate the new layout of the Halenani a bit more fully. This is much more organized than it had been previously, she will admit, and this 'living area' is much more homely.

But saying 'I like what you've done with the place' feels... awkward at the moment, so she bites it back even as she steps through the threshold of Maeve's room. The familiarity she feels standing here is strange, considering that the building had been torn apart by the Monsoons and rebuilt from total scratch. Strange how it looks so similar... She thinks. It feels... comforting to be in Maeve's room again, and so Aurelia gives her a glance as she moves to the kitchen - but she doesn't follow.

Instead, she eyes the bed for a split second, and then moves pointedly away from it towards a shelf. Her hands fiddle idly with the books there, slightly curious as to the reading material Maeve enjoys. Poetry, she'd said before, hadn't she? Among other things. Aurelia searches quietly for a book that looks like it might have poems within it, pausing only to look up at Maeve when she speaks.

Even if her accented voice is soft, the room is quiet and still enough that the drop of a pin could be heard from across it. Aurelia's gaze is dark, but understanding as she regards the Madame. Her lips form a softer line, almost frowning. "He'll be safe on the Ark... and they'll be back..." she offers quietly, hoping it will be of some comfort. As long as he's not an idiot goes unsaid, which is probably for the best. "Maybe you can both work through it when he returns?" Though she is unsure of the parameters of their breakup, and she very much sounds uncertain of this herself.

At the mention of Safrin and a quest, Aurelia's brows raise gently. She turns to watch Maeve move across to the coffee table, eyes going down to the tea kettle, to watch the liquid pour into their small cups. "Oh. Both, thank you," she manages in answer. But for now, she continues to peruse Maeve's reading material - that is, as long as the Madame doesn't mind. She's not sure why. Maybe she's hoping to find something within the bindings that might calm her soul, maybe she's just... curious.

"I'm glad to hear that you were welcomed by Safrin," she says, smiling softly but genuinely at Maeve, eyes lifting to look at her, "Has it- are you glad that you've gone to one of the gods? I know before you... were hesitant." Bringing up that conversation specifically makes her chest feel tight again, thoughts returning to that day and... everything that had happened. Her gaze lowers slowly.
so please just hold onto me
these demons, they're old to me

Messages In This Thread
waxing moons - by Aurelia - 06-29-2021, 03:21 PM
RE: waxing moons - by Maeve - 06-29-2021, 03:48 PM
RE: waxing moons - by Aurelia - 06-30-2021, 04:06 AM
RE: waxing moons - by Maeve - 06-30-2021, 03:17 PM
RE: waxing moons - by Aurelia - 06-30-2021, 07:18 PM
RE: waxing moons - by Maeve - 06-30-2021, 08:07 PM
RE: waxing moons - by Aurelia - 07-01-2021, 07:49 AM
RE: waxing moons - by Maeve - 07-01-2021, 05:45 PM
RE: waxing moons - by Aurelia - 07-01-2021, 07:47 PM