dead end
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia

Aurelia's tongue runs across the outside of her teeth and she makes a loud 'tsk!'. "Yes, she did, and Deimos helped her," she confirms, not that Ronin would need an Abandoned to confirm the words of his Goddess. In Aurelia's perspective, Hotaru and Deimos both played equal roles in the fires. They were both responsible. But the situation had not entirely been in her own hands, and now what little grasp of it she had has crumbled through her fingers like something solid turned liquid.

The fact that Ronin takes the seat surprises her, even though she had wanted him to. Truthfully, she doesn't know what to expect from people anymore. Assuming the worst is safer than the best, at this point in time. Tensions have risen exponentially now that war is on everyone's mind.

At Ronin's explanation, she tilts her head and furrows her brows. But she relaxes and takes her glass into her hands, indulging in a sip of it that she hardly reacts to. "Free to plot, to come back and do it all again. Or something worse. They're a danger -- not just to Sunjata and Nate. To me, to Torchline, perhaps even to Halo, and anyone that might try to intervene in whatever they pull next. Innocent people's lives have already been impacted by their actions."

"The Warden has questioned Hotaru, we've questioned her. I know she did it. You know she did it. Nate and Sunjata know. She knows we know! And what does an animal do when it feels cornered?" She sets the glass down with an audible tap against the wood, looking across at him with a hardened gaze. They both know the answer.

"Ronin... I consider us friends. Allies. We both follow Safrin now, doesn't that make us.. kin of some sort? We'll be on the same side of things when all of this comes undone in eight seasons. Why not start now?"

"I..." she sinks back in her seat, looking away, "I need your help... I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do anymore. Just wait? Wait until she does it again, and only be able to react? I don't know if I'll survive a second time..." Her voice is breathy and low, and though she'd never admit it Aurelia is sinking in her defeat. This was not what she had in mind to tell him, but now that he's here, now that she's looking right at him and he seems changed himself... it's different.
So leave me and tell me what I already know
That I trialled and I failed and it's good to let it go

Messages In This Thread
dead end - by Aurelia - 07-01-2021, 07:14 PM
RE: dead end - by Ronin - 07-01-2021, 08:38 PM
RE: dead end - by Aurelia - 07-01-2021, 09:13 PM
RE: dead end - by Ronin - 07-02-2021, 05:27 PM
RE: dead end - by Aurelia - 07-02-2021, 10:54 PM
RE: dead end - by Ronin - 07-03-2021, 11:12 AM
RE: dead end - by Aurelia - 07-07-2021, 01:04 AM
RE: dead end - by Ronin - 07-08-2021, 07:50 AM
RE: dead end - by Aurelia - 07-08-2021, 09:13 AM