Key Quest all the triumph overhead, disaster underneath
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN
Some nights, I wish that my lips could build a castle
Some nights, I wish they'd just fall off
The conversation started about as she thought it might, but then it took a sharp turn; first with Hotaru informing her that her position would be taken with force, then Noah, one of her trusted councilmen, turning it into a much more blatant threat. Her heart sunk into her stomach as she stood, silent as her mind whirled with what to say in the face of the new information that had been so unceremoniously dumped at her feet.

Why did this keep happening? Betrayals, actions and plots made under her nose, no one telling her anything until it was the last moment? Did they not trust her? Morgan didn't know what more she could have done, how much more she could have loved her people. There was hurt swirling in her chest along with anger and confusion, but she determinedly did not show it on her face, keeping her expression stony and still.

Looking to them both in turn, Hotaru then Noah, she took in a breath. "So. Rather than speak to me of your concerns, treat me as the friend I have treated you, you come in here to threaten me." Her eyes especially burned at Noah, who to this point had never revealed this opinion of his Warden. "I would have thought you of all people would have the decency to address me directly before this point. Since we began we have both been countrymen wanting the best for our people. You don't even have the courage to come yourself?" She shook her head.

As for the matter at hand...it stabbed her heart, but she nodded. "I can promise you that my relationship with Neron, which I will admit to, does not affect my decisions concerning Halo. However, I know convincing you of that would be impossible. The best course of action, if there is this doubt against me, would be to hold another election. Let the people of our Citadel decide, not the Gods: they don't live here. If the people here want me gone I will not question it, but they will always be my priority. And I thought yours, Noah." Hotaru's betrayal hurt too, but she was not a council member; she had no official obligation to give Morgan her thoughts.

But then her eyes caught a motion behind Hotaru, the light from the door disappearing gradually; her breath hitched. "...Ah. I see I am already in your trap. Threats and violence it is, then?" It looked like dirt crawling up her walls; Hotaru as far as she knew didn't have that magic and Noah was Attuned. "Who else is here? I would like to see all of my assailants, speaking of cowards."

--
Morgan replies to Noah/Hotaru, suggests they hold an election, notices the door being blotted out (admin approved) and calls for anyone else in the room to make themselves visible.
But I still wake up, I still see your ghost
Oh Lord, I'm still not sure, what I stand for

Messages In This Thread
RE: all the triumph overhead, disaster underneath - by Morgan - 07-06-2021, 03:12 PM