branching out
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia

Aurelia takes a deeper, settling breath as she listens to Ray's first and foremost concern. It's a valid one, one that she takes a few moments to think about how to answer.

"Torchline is Safrin's, yes," she clarifies slowly. Whether Ray interprets that as a possession of Safrin's, or that it's loyalties are to Safrin specifically, well, both would probably be correct. "This has been her city since before Maeve and I's leadership, and we're more than willing to continue that trend. Safrin only wants the best for what is hers, after all." She offers a reassuring smile, her own words forming a warm swell in her chest.

More seriously, her back straightens and she pushes a few stray locks of hair back from her cheeks. "She made no stipulations on who could or could not be apart of our council," she adds carefully, "she already suggested another follower of hers to us, one that Maeve is going to speak with as well. His name is Harper, I don't know if you know him yet?"

"I don't know about you, but that is as many followers of Safrin that I know of here in Torchline. At least, that we would consider to be apart of our council..." after all, it's not only loyalty that makes a person a good candidate for a position in government.

"And, anyhow, you follow the Old Gods. You said so yourself, didn't you? Safrin is one of them, and you've wanted to go to her before. Perhaps you should try again, to at least meet her for yourself. You mightfind that her generosity knows no bounds," She adds the last part a bit more playfully, a knowing smile turning up one side of her lips. Meeting Safrin might also give Ray more of an understanding. But then she shrugs nonchalantly and says, "Either way, I don't see the harm in different perspectives. I want for all voices to be heard, even those that are different."

She breathes out a quiet huff of air through her nose as her lips draw gently shut, allowing Ray ample time to absorb these statements. Her gaze is a bit expectant, wondering what Ray's thoughts on this issue are now, with all of that said.

"My understanding is that you want to protect people from what's coming. I do, too. But I'm a fighter, and you are a healer... I think that, together, we would be that much better at achieving that goal," she reaches out to grab a cookie between her fingers, "for now, should you accept, you would have a councilwoman position. Those responsibilities would entail meeting with us regularly to discuss important matters. In short, you would be an advisor. You would speak and act on behalf of Torchline, and.. you would be trusted with a great deal of information..." she gives Ray a look, a sharp look. She's heard of what goes on in the shop after dark. "Of course, we may also ask that you use your skills and abilities on Torchline's behalf. I believe that you'd be a great asset to us and, in time, you could certainly become more than an advisor."

At this, she takes a bite of the cookie with an audible snap.
What is clear is what is gold
You're only human after all

Messages In This Thread
branching out - by Aurelia - 07-08-2021, 02:56 AM
RE: branching out - by Ray - 07-08-2021, 05:02 PM
RE: branching out - by Aurelia - 07-09-2021, 09:32 PM
RE: branching out - by Ray - 07-10-2021, 02:03 AM
RE: branching out - by Aurelia - 07-11-2021, 03:12 AM
RE: branching out - by Ray - 07-11-2021, 03:34 AM
RE: branching out - by Aurelia - 07-14-2021, 05:26 AM
RE: branching out - by Ray - 07-14-2021, 07:16 PM
RE: branching out - by Aurelia - 08-17-2021, 09:14 AM