And i kept running for a soft place to fall
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Adam

Speed up to the precipice and then slam on the brakes
Some people crash two or three times and then learn from their mistakes
The way Maeve heavily leaned on him, her body feeling limp and tired, was concerning; Adam held her all the tighter, sighing as he stroked her arm. It seemed that there couldn't ever be a time when everything was okay - if one thing improved, another life had to fall down, another tragedy of equal measure occur in another room.

At least she had a clear idea of who the father was: it was a start. At least, it was someone to threaten with a knife if he tried to desert her. Adam had done this once with Amalia, threatening to end Deimos if he dumped her with broken legs. He had no qualms about telling shitty boyfriends where they could stuff themselves...possibly because a lot of the time, he was one of those shitty boyfriends.

"Well, okay, let's go slow through that, right? Why'd he break up with you? You sure it's cos he 'don't want you'? I mean, Maeve, you're bangin' hot and cool to boot." He squeezed her a little tighter for a moment, trying to get a smile. "D'ya think he's the kind of guy that would do the right thing and take responsibility?"
We are the ones who don't slow down at all
And there's nobody there to catch us when we fall

Messages In This Thread
RE: And i kept running for a soft place to fall - by Adam - 07-20-2021, 02:27 PM