And i kept running for a soft place to fall
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Adam

Speed up to the precipice and then slam on the brakes
Some people crash two or three times and then learn from their mistakes
"Well...if he doesn't, tell him to come talk to me. I got a couple friends." Shrugging his arm away from her for a second, he held out both fists in front of him. With Adam's weedy arms and skinny fingers it was nowhere near as threatening as it could be, but the spirit was there.

Moving back in close, he tilted his head side to side at her offer. "I think we're good in the cave for now, but...thanks. If you ever need the help, let me know. Right now I think me and Pet are just...taking time to get to know each other again, y'know?" Everything was new, not just after their break up but after coming back to life; there was a distinct then and now and they had to work out who they were in the now.

That was all well and good, but depending how things shook out with the Gods, that 'now' could be over very soon. Not leaning away but going a little stiff, Adam sighed and stared up at the sky. He knew Maeve was as helpless as any of them, tried to swallow the anger that wanted to rise. In the end, though it was probably not the best response, he laughed and said: "Okay, well, gimme some good warning before the death squads come around, yeah? I'd at least like to get a headstart."
We are the ones who don't slow down at all
And there's nobody there to catch us when we fall

Messages In This Thread
RE: And i kept running for a soft place to fall - by Adam - 07-24-2021, 09:28 PM