And i kept running for a soft place to fall
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Adam

Speed up to the precipice and then slam on the brakes
Some people crash two or three times and then learn from their mistakes
Maeve seemed quite upset at the idea she might consider him evil, which was both a comfort and an insult, in a way: she didn't think the Ascended were worthy of the fates planned for them, yet she might allow herself to become an instrument in those plans. Adam swallowed down that bitterness and any more that wanted to surface as Maeve continued to talk. He knew none of them had the answers. He knew none of them were in their ideal situations.

Still hurt like a bitch to have to hear it, though.

"She won't even talk to me, never mind slip into my mind. I don't really...see how it's all that different to the Old Gods. They still control people. Some people I've seen are like, Safrin's bitch." Perhaps he shouldn't speak quite so frankly in front of another follower of Safrin, but they were laying out their cards on the table.

Still, with that said, he ultimately sighed and after closing his eyes tight for a moment, shook his head and held Maeve's shoulder. "No, you've got that kid that needs help coming up. I don't give up on my friends that easy."
We are the ones who don't slow down at all
And there's nobody there to catch us when we fall

Messages In This Thread
RE: And i kept running for a soft place to fall - by Adam - 07-26-2021, 07:25 PM