homesick
Collector

Age: 91 | Height: 6' 1 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Andy Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
As Archebold continued to tap along the ruin and eventually guided Rexanna out to overlook the rest of what remained and/or was salvaged, his hand, of the arm looped over hers gently took her wrist in a subtle gesture.

It appeared much like a formal gesture, but in truth he felt along her pulse as she spoke. He observed her flushed nature and her avoidance to hold his eyes when he studied her branding. "There is myth out there, it lingers in all forms of societal beliefs...are you are of this?" He asked rhetorically, the ease of his voice always exuding confidence and belief in every word he spoke.

"It is believed that scars mark you a monster. Be it burn, brand, or other...it is a stigma, or so they would have you believe it to be. I believe in something else...I believe scars, no matter the cause, tell a story."

The latter spoken in almost a whisper as he leaned slightly to Rexanna and smiled before he continued to walk with her. "Scars, like any written word, contain beauty in the stories they tell. You need not be ashamed of yours, because it is a part of the story of who you are. To be shamed of your scars, is to be ashamed of who you are."

Archebold winked to the young woman as he observed the remnants of society around them, taking a moment to answer to her question.

"I was a slave. Bound by those who could not understand what I was...many...many years had I bent the knee to those who feared me...forced to serve by my own kin, who held no shame in their position.

The night before I arrived, I set plans in motion for rebellion...I desired freedom. Freedom...at any cost. Perhaps fate thought the price too great and delivered me here...where everything I could ever want is here, right now...and not a life needed to be quelled to achieve it."

His dark eyes had wandered though toward the latter he glanced to the side at Rexanna and grinned. "There are fates much worse than to wake at the warm of a beautiful woman...who's heart holds the beat of invigoration...perhaps caution. All justified...you may find those who have followed me here, and they well say I am a monster...and they will be correct. I am everything they will speak of me as.

The only difference being, is if you cannot accept who you are, you are only going to lie to yourself and others, and something as sacred as trust...will cease to exist."

Messages In This Thread
homesick - by Rexanna - 11-24-2018, 07:17 AM
RE: homesick - by Archebold - 11-24-2018, 07:55 AM
RE: homesick - by Rexanna - 11-25-2018, 03:36 AM
RE: homesick - by Archebold - 11-26-2018, 04:24 PM
RE: homesick - by Rexanna - 11-26-2018, 11:55 PM
RE: homesick - by Archebold - 11-27-2018, 06:58 PM
RE: homesick - by Rexanna - 11-28-2018, 02:49 AM
RE: homesick - by Archebold - 11-28-2018, 06:32 PM
RE: homesick - by Rexanna - 11-28-2018, 08:00 PM
RE: homesick - by Archebold - 12-08-2018, 06:11 AM
RE: homesick - by Rexanna - 12-12-2018, 03:02 AM