the future freaks me out
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 35 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 2236
JACK

Jack, of course, gives no indication about what he might or might not care about and to what extent, the captain taking another long drink as Aurelia mulls over it all. He shrugs a shoulder in a silent none taken in response to her remark about titles, though he might argue that if they don't mean jack then there was no need to change them. He doesn't, though, instead running a finger around the rim of his glass until Aurelia speaks once more.

And he's impressed, honestly, to hear the request given so candidly, though what he thinks about it is, once again, a mystery. "I've seen three Governors fall in the space of the last two years, and now there's a queen sittin' in front of me," he says. "So speakin' as a citizen of the islands first an' foremost, you'll forgive me for givin' it a hot minute before fallin' for your elevator (they don't exist here Jack) pitch."

Reaching into his pocket, he draws out his cigarettes and matches and offers one out to Aurelia. "With the track record of leadership, I was here before you an' I'll prolly be here after you," he says frankly. "If it weren't for Maeve offerin' to make the Ark fly, I wouldn't have really given a shit, honestly. Dunno how you swung that with Safrin."

All of that is dancing around the issue, though, and he strikes a match and holds it to his cigarette. "I'll be your right hand," he mutters, "because I am good at it." Good at manipulating, good at knowing what Torchline thinks and what it wants and how it likes to conduct itself. Which brings him to his opinion about her alliances with the Greatwood.

"You always wait for 'em to come to you," he says, taking a drag of his cigarette. "Which they've done. But what'd we get out of this alliance? What does the Greatwood got for us?"
believer... believe it or not you'll know
when it ends and how it goes
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret:

Magic: Passive Telepathy | The user can read the surface thoughts and emotions of those within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent. Note: "Thoughts and emotions" include anything written in a character's narration in a post.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Also branded with a small star tattoo beneath his left eye.

Messages In This Thread
the future freaks me out - by Aurelia - 08-07-2021, 10:14 PM
RE: the future freaks me out - by Jack - 08-09-2021, 03:38 PM
RE: the future freaks me out - by Aurelia - 08-10-2021, 10:35 AM
RE: the future freaks me out - by Jack - 08-10-2021, 11:41 AM
RE: the future freaks me out - by Aurelia - 08-17-2021, 11:05 AM
RE: the future freaks me out - by Jack - 08-17-2021, 05:00 PM
RE: the future freaks me out - by Aurelia - 08-18-2021, 08:47 AM
RE: the future freaks me out - by Jack - 08-18-2021, 05:07 PM