Do you ponder the manner of things?
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1197
M
 A
  E
   A
I talked to God to no avail

Said, "If you won't save me, please don't waste my time."

If she had expected to hear some secret, or details previously undivulged, Maea was left disappointed. Instead, she was treated to the nightmare of herself in the throws of change, and one that would not end well. To see the insides of her own skin, the mechanics of get own body revealed in such meticulous detail... it was nauseating, terrifying, and made all the worse because of the carefree way the entity described the process.

So uncaring. So far removed from the human emotions that wrecked Maea as she stared in horror at the vision of herself splayed open on a table, skin melting as the soul thrashed in horror at the violation. Even after the vision was removed the waves of nausea made her shudder and swallow, swallow, swallow, the taste of bile bitter at the back of her throat.

What part of this was natural? What kind of desperate madmen would subject themselves to this willingly?

"You're right" she whispered. "I don't understand. I'm sorry. Even when I try... I can only think that you're mad."

She didn't want that to happen to herself. If ever the thought or desire o Ascend had crossed her mind it was thoroughly extinguished now, erased by the knowledge of how it could end. Never had she been so grateful to be unsuitable for a process... or so convinced that the Old Gods were right. This... Maea didn't even know how little she knew but this glimpse was enough to convince her that releasing this person was a terrible mistake.

She had been so wrong. And now it was too late.

♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
Do you ponder the manner of things? - by Maea - 04-04-2019, 09:54 AM
RE: Do you ponder the manner of things? - by Maea - 04-05-2019, 11:18 PM
RE: Do you ponder the manner of things? - by Maea - 04-06-2019, 12:33 AM
RE: Do you ponder the manner of things? - by Maea - 04-06-2019, 12:58 AM
RE: Do you ponder the manner of things? - by Maea - 04-07-2019, 05:42 PM
RE: Do you ponder the manner of things? - by Maea - 04-07-2019, 06:00 PM
RE: Do you ponder the manner of things? - by Maea - 04-07-2019, 06:47 PM