use your best colors for my portrait
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

There are many times in her life that she has to lie. Daily occurrences in which Maeve has to hide away the truth. Be it of her feelings or thoughts or anything in between. Yet her honesty comes easily to Ru. She doesn't hide her feelings here. How could she? If there was meant to be any sort of mending to their once shared bond Maeve couldn't risk it. Not now. Not ever. The slight prickle of Aidon's worry travels along the bond and Maeve pushes back against it, silently reassuring him that there was nothing to worry about, daring a quick glance back at her companion as he huffs out a bit of smoke before he draws closer.

The Nightshade watches as she brings the flowers up to her nose, noting the exhale just before, tucking away the reaction in the back of her mind. "You're welcome." Maeve murmurs, voice barely loud enough to be heard over the water lapping at the shore. Dark brows knit together, head tilting to the side as she huffs out a soft sound that might be a laugh, but there isn't much humor found. If anything it's colored by a quiet disbelief at her statement. "Of course I remember. I remember everything you've told me." The admission perhaps reveals more than she wants it to, but it slips from her anyway like a breeze through the boughs of the nearby trees.

"In some ways. A part of me wishes I had more time. He is my first and there are moments that I wish I had, but I'm just happy he's healthy." She got a lot of the big firsts. His first steps, his first words, and many other things in between, but the Nightshade still wishes she had some more time with him before he was changed. Her eyes snap up to Hotaru's feeling the breeze against her cheek that's so different from the air surrounding them. Warm like a summer breeze, kissing her chilled skin, chasing away the cold for only a moment. "He met Safrin. Before he was aged. I don't think she would turn him away and I doubt that Frey would, but I worry." Something she would likely always do when it came to her son.

The confession from Hotaru has a pained sound rising from her chest and she can't help the way her fingers twitch, hesitating for only a moment before she reaches out, catching her free hand and giving her fingers a squeeze. Her gloves keep their skin from touching, but the feeling of the Valkyrie's fingers in hers is enough to make her heart leap, stomach twisting. She was familiar with that ailment, having seen it multiple times in many of the girls at the Halenani, knowing how difficult it could be to come back from that. The guilt that plagued them afterwards. "I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you're better now. I don't know if this will ease you at all, but I just finished a quest for Safrin." Maeve begins, drawing her bottom lip between her teeth, chewing on it for the span of a breath before she continues. "All children will be safe. If they're ever in any danger Safrin will take them into her light until that danger passes. They'll be safe no matter what."

Her thumb brushes against the back of her hand and her grip loosens, but she doesn't let go. Not unless Hotaru attempts to draw back. "Edmund remembered me. He knew who I was. The process doesn't change them. Just speeds things up a bit."
'Cause it's too cold for you here and now
so let me hold both your hands in the holes of my sweater

Messages In This Thread
use your best colors for my portrait - by Maeve - 09-29-2021, 02:15 AM
RE: use your best colors for my portrait - by Maeve - 10-03-2021, 04:00 AM