use your best colors for my portrait
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 7847
Hotaru

It's certainly revelatory, and Hotaru can't help but flinch away from the naked truth. It would be a sweet sentiment were it not the fuel to the fire that casts shadows over the ensuing events Ru considers as betrayal. Pursed lips try for a smile, hoping to summon gratitude, but it's a bitter grimace of an imitation.

"There's never enough time, even when they age naturally," she shares freely, smile easier now but leagues sadder. Gods, what she wouldn't give to ensure no mother ever has to go through what she did. To spare Maeve that kind of agony. In many ways, having aged so fast is a blessing - even with Safrin's affection for Maeve and her child, Caido was a cruel place, and every year of growth and strength afforded to Edmund would strengthen his odds. "Worrying is part of the territory. You'll worry until the day you join Mort. Best get used to it now, dear." Dredges of mirth curl cold-flushed lips and crest heterochromatic eyes.

It's short-lived, but more than she has felt in what seems to be ages despite how little time has realistically passed since the twins were born. And it gives her the strength not to pull away when Maeve's hand catches her own. Though Ru isn't sure it's strength at all, but weakness that has her weakly grasping back at the skin that touches her own. The news she shares is...staggering. In fact Hotaru does stagger, just a little, at the implications. She is far from Safrin's greatest fan, but what this means for the children of Caido - for her children - is...unimaginable. Tears spring to pale golden lashes, though Ru has enough strength not to let them fall. "Gods, that's...that's incredible." It's weak in comparison to how she feels, but the Valkyrie is too blown away to achieve any better word choice.

Hotaru doesn't let go. Whether it's the right choice is to be seen, but her heart eases with every word Maeve speaks. "Thank you," she whispers, vulnerable for a moment, but willing to experience it in order to show Maeve her gratitude.
i understand you now to be both companion and adversary
a familiar thorn and threat
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
use your best colors for my portrait - by Maeve - 09-29-2021, 02:15 AM
RE: use your best colors for my portrait - by Hotaru - 10-26-2021, 07:12 AM