use your best colors for my portrait
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

A huff of a laugh pushes past cold lips, puffing in a swirl between them in the crisp air, swept away on the wind in moments. Maeve dips her head, conceding to Hotaru's words, knowing she was likely right. She would always worry for him. It's almost enough to distract her from the soft term of endearment that slips from Hotaru's lips and her cheeks flush with it, mixing with the tinge of the cold that's already colored them a soft pink, deepening the shade on her pale cheeks. "I suppose you're right."

The conversation quickly shifts and Maeve shares news that she hopes will be the start of patching things up between them. A new beginning of sorts. Her breath catches at the sight of tears clinging to golden lashes and for a span of a few seconds she worries that perhaps she's upset her until the Valkyrie speaks. Words of gratitude fall from her tongue and Maeve takes a tentative step forward when Hotaru doesn't pull away from her touch. Her fingers tighten and her other hand comes up, the backs of her fingers brushing a tear from the woman's cheek before cupping it lightly as if she was made of glass, cradling her face.

"You don't have to thank me, Ru." She whispers back, words almost lost to the sharp breeze that pulls at their hair and clothes as she leans forward. Her forehead presses against Ru's skin cold and numb, but the contact burns through her brightly. Another breath exhales between them, mingling with the Valkyrie's as the Nightshade lingers there. "I hope that you know I was thinking of you when I was doing this. The twins. All of the children, but you were in my mind. I- I'm glad I could give you this."

Maeve swallows thickly, lashes fluttering against her cheekbones as she lets her eyes close, "I hope this can be a step towards fixing things. I- I miss you." That last confession, so fragile and vulnerable, has her stomach twisting into knots and fear settling there with it.
'Cause it's too cold for you here and now
so let me hold both your hands in the holes of my sweater

Messages In This Thread
use your best colors for my portrait - by Maeve - 09-29-2021, 02:15 AM
RE: use your best colors for my portrait - by Maeve - 11-25-2021, 04:28 AM