cradling a dream
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia

(okay mb I wrote it out like the infirmary was stand-alone whoops)

Of course, now she feels rude for knocking. Probably would've been less conspicuous to just walk into an infirmary and wait for someone to come 'round. She has to take a few deep breaths to stave off the buzz of embarrassment and, beneath that, adrenaline. She'd come here quick as she could after Wessex's letter, so her face is already flush and her hair's in a bit of a wild state.

The woman that comes out is prettier and dantier than Aurelia might've expected, though if she's really asking herself she didn't know what she expected. Nate and Adam were probably the only Ascended she's really met, other than Wessex - but W wasn't really the norm. (I really think they're the only ones she's met idk and don't care to factcheck myself)

"Uh-yes!" She blurts out, shooting up onto her feet and conjuring up the concealed note. Quieter, she adds, "Wessex wrote me, and sent this for your eyes only. It's urgent, so I made sure to deliver it myself."

Consequences be damned, though her throat feels like it's squeezing shut all the same.

The letter says this:

Isla,

I'm writing this in Stormbreak. Mabel is here, I've talked to her, she's weak and held captive. Can't figure out where she is, exactly, bit I'm working on it. The Voice said other siblings were here too, either offline or nearly offline, which is probably true as I haven't been able to reach them.

Mabel said she'd found the one who murdered Evelyn. The Priest. Aurelia knows who I'm talking about. And then 'they' found her and took her to Stormbreak, I assume. I don't know who 'they' are, but my best guess is the Order. I'm staying with her to see it through. With any luck I'll bring her home.

Our Lady's relic is still out there, actively hidden, she thinks. I don't know what this means but it could be any of the Old Gods... Safrin's Library is in the Grounds, but I don't know where it is or if it's safe for us to access. And even that's only a guess. If I were an Old God, I wouldn't put my enemy's relic where I imprisoned her.

The Eye (someone in the Order) has a book that tells him things that have happened - or are happening. That's how they always seem to be ahead of us with the relics. I've got someone who's working on getting us info on the Order.

So many I don't knows - I'm sorry. If Aurelia brought you this note, I think you can trust her to some extent, but not much. She's for Safrin.

Be safe,
Wessex
So leave me and tell me what I already know
That I trialled and I failed and it's good to let it go

Messages In This Thread
cradling a dream - by Aurelia - 01-02-2022, 03:24 AM
RE: cradling a dream - by Isla - 01-02-2022, 05:05 PM
RE: cradling a dream - by Aurelia - 01-02-2022, 10:01 PM
RE: cradling a dream - by Isla - 01-03-2022, 06:30 PM
RE: cradling a dream - by Aurelia - 01-03-2022, 11:16 PM
RE: cradling a dream - by Isla - 01-05-2022, 10:43 AM
RE: cradling a dream - by Aurelia - 01-07-2022, 06:07 AM