cradling a dream
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia

In truth, Aurelia wants desperately to know what's inside of the note. But she has to force herself to look down, away, at the bloody napkin in the waste bin. Giving Isla time to read it, she only looks back up when the Ascended finally speaks to her again. She gives a nod of confirmation, glancing at the note as it's pocketed.

Isla leads the way to her office and Aurelia trails after her. "Wish we could have met under different circumstances," she murmurs, a heavy breath funneling through her nostrils as her boots scrape against the floor beneath. But she won't say much else on the matter until they're in the privacy of Isla's office.

Though Aurelia is tired and spent, perhaps more mentally than physically, she doesn't take a seat. She sort of just hovers behind the back of the chair, resting her hands on it for some support to lean on - but otherwise not able to relax too much. "Uh, long story short, she helped me when I needed it, and we talked about... well, about stopping the war. And what we wanted to do to protect our people, if we couldn't. This was... gods, almost two years ago? Maybe less," long before war had been a sealed fate, "we made a deal with each other. I told her I wouldn't use my fire against the Ascended, and in return she told me she would do her best not to hurt someone I care about." Strangely, Isla is the only person she's actually told the details of their promise. She probably should have told Sunjata, at least, considering he was the one she'd tried to protect.

With a sigh, she lifts one hand up to push back her hair from her face. "As for where the letter was sent from, I don't know, probably," she says, eyes lifting wider to look at Isla, "there was no return address. I know that it's from Wessex, and all she asked me was to spread word about Gideon- the-the priest - for kidnapping and murdering. And to get you that note. I've done as she asked." As in, both. Her fingers thrum against the back of the chair anxiously.
So leave me and tell me what I already know
That I trialled and I failed and it's good to let it go

Messages In This Thread
cradling a dream - by Aurelia - 01-02-2022, 03:24 AM
RE: cradling a dream - by Isla - 01-02-2022, 05:05 PM
RE: cradling a dream - by Aurelia - 01-02-2022, 10:01 PM
RE: cradling a dream - by Isla - 01-03-2022, 06:30 PM
RE: cradling a dream - by Aurelia - 01-03-2022, 11:16 PM
RE: cradling a dream - by Isla - 01-05-2022, 10:43 AM
RE: cradling a dream - by Aurelia - 01-07-2022, 06:07 AM