when I walk beside her
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

He had helped Maeve put Edmund to bed before promising her he'd be back in a moment, just had to run home. He had presents for her after all. Except every step further from the Halenani and closer to his apartment made his heart race faster. He'd spent the last few weeks trying to figure out how to handle all of this, if this was even a good idea. Fear was a hell of a drug and it had been his life blood for so long. But the war was fast approaching and he'd rather not die with regrets. The worst she could do was say no. And he could handle that.

After a few bottles of booze.

But he makes it back to his apartment and finds the little packages easily enough. He tucks them away, takes a deep breath, and heads  back. The fear and anxiety bleed away to an almost nothingness. At least until he reaches her door. He's shaking as he twists the handle, "Hey.. Maeve. Got your presents." He holds up the little boxes to show her and desperately tries to hide the nervousness he's feeling.

He hands her the larger present but not the smaller. Inside she'd find a book, a collection of Outlander myths and stories. "Can open this one first. Okay?"
I wanna make up my mind
But I don't know myself

Messages In This Thread
when I walk beside her - by Locke - 02-04-2022, 04:38 PM
RE: when I walk beside her - by Maeve - 02-04-2022, 04:49 PM
RE: when I walk beside her - by Locke - 02-05-2022, 04:07 PM
RE: when I walk beside her - by Maeve - 02-07-2022, 02:51 AM